PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS
"Both healthful and hearty, these pork tenderloin medallions are finished with a sweet and tangy pear sauce." from Good Housekeeping, February 2012 Brown rice may be substituted for the quinoa
Provided by Karen in MA
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare quinoa as label directs.
- Press pork with palm of hand to flatten. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add pork; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until browned on both sides, turning over once. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. To same skillet, add fennel seeds; cook 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add green onions, 1/3 cup water, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring. Add pears, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes or until pears begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Return pork to pan, along with any juices. Cook 3 to 6 minutes or until pork is slightly pink in center (145F).
- Serve pork with quinoa; top with pear mixture. Garnish with additional green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432.3, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 66.4, Carbohydrate 55.9, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 17.1, Protein 30.6
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR-MAPLE SAUCE
I found this in Better Homes & Gardens while looking for heart healthy recipes. You wouldn't think it would be as delicious as it is since it is so easy and quick to make. I followed the reciipe exactly and can't find any reason to change one thing.
Provided by Patsy A.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into ¼-inch slices.
- In a medium bowl combine rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add meat slices; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning once.
- Remove meat from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet combine pears, maple syrup, dried cherries, and white wine.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, about 3 minutes or just until pears are tender. Return meat to skillet with pears; heat through.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to transfer meat to a warm serving platter. Spoon the pear mixture over meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.1, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 74.8, Sodium 204.3, Carbohydrate 27.3, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 20.6, Protein 23.7
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Season pork with dried sage, salt and pepper. Coat pork with flour; shake off excess. Add pork to skillet and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add pears and sauté over medium heat 2 minutes. Stir in wine, sugar and ginger, scraping up any browned bits. Increase heat to high and boil until pears are tender and syrup is thick, about 5 minutes. Return pork and any accumulated juices to skillet. Simmer just until cooked through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange pork on plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH SWEET RED-PEPPER SAUCE
- Place pork slices on a flat surface. Pound meat lightly with a mallet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the slices in one layer. When oil is very hot, add meat and cook over moderately high heat for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Turn slices and cook for about 5 minutes more. Reduce heat and continue cooking about 2 minutes longer. Turn slices occasionally.
- Transfer meat to a warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour off most of the fat from skillet. Add onions and red peppers. Cook, stirring, until peppers are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, briefly. Add broth, cumin, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Place mixture in a food processor or blender. Add butter and lemon juice and pulse to blend to a fine texture. Return mixture to skillet and add pork slices with their drippings. Bring to a simmer and serve immediately. Sprinkle with coriander.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 354, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 810 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
My wife always raves about dinner when I make this recipe, but that may just be her way of getting me to do more of the cooking!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Slice tenderloin into 1/2-in.-thick medallions. In a skillet, brown pork in oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside. , In same skillet melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, rosemary, savory, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened., Lay pork medallions over mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 calories, Fat 15g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 631mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PEAR CREAM SAUCE
Pork's mild taste goes well with sweet flavors and many seasonings. Here, I've teamed it with both-luscious pears and a refreshing herb blend.-Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle pork with the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown pork in 1 tablespoon butter on all sides. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork from skillet and keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pears and sugar in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm. In the same pan, melt remaining butter. Add shallots; saute until tender. Stir in thyme. , Remove from heat. Add brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and nectar; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Slice pork; serve with pears and cream sauce.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605 calories, Fat 38g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 451mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH FRESH PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPE - (4.8/5)
Provided by mistynoelle13
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Sprinkle the pork with the salt and pepper. Heat over 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick ckillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. 2. Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the skillet. Add the pears and finger; cook, stirring, until the pears are tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chutney and broth; bring to a boil, scraping up the broned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the sauce thinckens slightly, about 5 minutes. Spoon the chutney over the pork.
Enjoy these pork medallions with a creamy mushroom and madeira sauce. Serve with mashed potato and wilted greens for an easy midweek meal
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the pork on each side for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the pan and, when foaming, fry the shallots and mushrooms over a medium heat for 10 mins. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 min. Stir through the flour and cook for another 2 mins. Whisk through the madeira and boil for 2 mins. Gradually stir through the stock until the sauce is lump free. Add the thyme and mustard and season to taste.
- Return the pork to the pan and simmer uncovered for 5-7 mins or until the pork is cooked through. Stir through the cream and heat again until simmering. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and wilted greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CARAMELIZED PEARS AND PEAR-BRANDY CREAM SAUCE
- Place pork slices between plastic wrap. Using meat mallet, pound pork slices to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pears and sugar; sauté until pears are tender and deep golden, about 8 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in another large nonstick skillet over high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add pork to skillet; sauté just until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Cover. Reduce heat to medium. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add shallots and thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Add eau-de-vie; boil until reduced to glaze, scraping up any browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add cream and pear nectar; boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat pears if necessary. Spoon into center of platter. Arrange pork around pears. Pour sauce over pork.
More about "medallions of pork with pear sauce recipes"
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 415 per serving
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR-GINGER SAUCE
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS AND SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE
ASTRAY RECIPES: MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE~
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE | RECIPE | MUSHROOM SAUCE, …
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH BRANDY PEAR SAUCE - DIERBERGS MARKETS
PORK MEDALLIONS IN BRANDY - PEAR SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE | GFFRIENDLY
FLAMBéED PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS - MANITOBA PORK
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR-GINGER SAUCE — THE 5 TASTES TABLE
PORK MEDALLIONS IN BRANDY – PEAR SAUCE RECIPE
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR-MAPLE SAUCE - FRONTPAGE
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH PEAR SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR SAUCE - ATKINSSAVORYSUPPERS.COM
PORK TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS IN SAUCE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BACON WRAPPED PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS — SASK PORK
HOW TO COOK PORK MEDALLIONS WITH SAUTEED PEARS IN MILK SAUCE
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE
BACON WRAPPED PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS - MANITOBA PORK
MEDALLIONS OF PORK WITH TEPIN LACED PEAR SAUCE RECIPE
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEAR-MAPLE SAUCE RECIPE
PORK WITH PEAR AND GINGER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPES FOR PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH ÉPHéMèRE PEAR, RED ONION ... - LE COUP DE …
BACON WRAPPED PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS – L&M MEAT …
RECIPE: PORK MEDALLIONS IN BRANDY-PEAR SAUCE (BLENDER)
PORK MEDALLIONS IN BRANDY - PEAR SAUCE - RECIPE WILD
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH CHUNKY SPICED PEAR SAUCE – JULIENNE.RED
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PEARS AND THYME RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE
You'll also love