Spices, spices, spices! This recipe is thick with 'em, and your taste buds will be thick with pleasure from Moroccan Chicken. This exotic tasting dish is a definite crowd pleaser!
Provided by Sarah and Annette
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Season chicken with salt and brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in same pan. When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and turmeric; stir fry for about 1 minute, then mix in broth and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again; cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.4 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 66.8 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 2127.8 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Cut 3 deep slashes into each chicken breast and place in an ovenproof baking dish. Mix the lemon zest, juice, oil and spices together, then pour over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
- Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions then tip into a large bowl. Stir through the rest of the ingredients and divide between serving plates. Remove the chicken from the oven and serve on top of the quinoa with the juices drizzled over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 2.11 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN CHICKEN THIGHS
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine chicken broth, paprika, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons lemon zest in a bowl.
- Heat oils in a cast iron skillet until they begin to smoke. Add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook for 4 minutes. Flip thighs and continue cooking until skin is crispy, about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Saute onion in the skillet until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth mixture carefully over onion; scrape up any browned bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet. Spoon some of the liquid over the thighs.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven; bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add olives to the skillet. Drizzle lemon juice over the thighs and garnish the whole dish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 130.6 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 39.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1815 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
SAFOI'S MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE
This fragrant, hearty stew is traditionally cooked in an earthenware dish on the stove-top, but a slow cooker does the job almost as well.
Provided by Anna Francese Gass
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the saffron, ginger, salt, pepper, olive oil, and canola oil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Clean and thoroughly wash the chicken, then cut it into 8 pieces.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade, massaging the marinade into the chicken.
- Cut the carrots in half and remove their yellow cores.
- Open the tagine and lay the onion on the bottom. Arrange the carrots over the onion.
- Lay the chicken with all of the marinade over the vegetables. Add 1 cup (240 ml) water and cover.
- Cook on very low heat for 1 hour. Check at the 30-minute mark to ensure the bottom is not dry. Add another 1/2 cup (120 ml) water if necessary.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the olives and the preserved lemon.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN MARINADE
This recipe is tasty and very simple. I always use it at dinner parties, and it always impresses. You can use beef, lamb or fish instead of chicken. It is a very versatile marinade.
Provided by Bek Waterhouse
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix cumin, cinnamon, paprika, coriander, cloves, ginger, salt, garlis, lemon juice, olive oil well.
- Slice the chicken into whatever size piece you prefer, remembering that the larger the piece, the longer the cooking time.
- Marinate the chicken in the spice mix for at least 5 mins - works best if left overnight for flavours to develop.
- Then fry chicken or BBQ it, whatever!
- Prepare instant cous cous as per directions on packet, then once cooked, use a fork to fluff the couscous with the butter.
- Add the sultanas, lemon rind and almonds to the couscous mix.
- Serve the chicken on the cous cous.
- The chicken pieces also make a great addition to a green salad.
- Add some chick peas to really impress.
GRILLED CHICKEN MOROCCAN STYLE
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in large glass baking dish. Add all chicken; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place marinade-coated chicken on barbecue. Grill chicken until just cooked through, occasionally brushing with any remaining marinade, about 10 minutes per side for breasts and about 12 minutes per side for leg and thigh pieces. Transfer chicken to platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl. Add 4 servings of the meat of your choice (1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone-in). Mix to combine, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours (only 30 minutes for seafood or prawns).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.6, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 6.8, Carbohydrate 10.8, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 6.9, Protein 1.2
MOROCCAN HAROSETH MARINADE
- In a small skillet, lightly toast cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chile flakes, and coriander seeds over low heat until fragrant. Transfer to large shallow baking dish and add olive oil, wine, orange peel, salt, thyme, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and ginger; stir to combine.
More about "moroccan chicken marinade recipes"
BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
4.9/5 (71)Calories 374 per servingCategory Entree
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season lightly with kosher salt on both sides. Now, rub the chicken all over with the spice rub (if you kept the skins, make sure to apply the spice rub underneath the skins for best flavor.) Set aside in room temperature for 40 to 45 minutes or so (or, if you have the time, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. If you do this, take chicken out of fridge and let it rest at room temperature for a few minutes before cooking.)
- In a 12" deep ceramic pan or braiser like this one, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken (skin side down, if you kept skin) and brown for 5 minutes. Turn over and brown on the other side for another 3 minutes or so.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add onions, garlic, and cilantro. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, then add lemon slices, olives, raisins, and dried apricots.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
MOROCCAN CHERMOULA MARINADE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE, TRADITIONAL RECIPE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPES - TASTE OF MAROC
CHICKEN MARINADE MOROCCAN - #R4RECIPE
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHICKEN WITH MOROCCAN MARINADE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
GRILLED MORORCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
JUICY GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
CHICKEN SHAWARMA (MIDDLE EASTERN) | RECIPETIN EATS
FINGER LICKING, MOROCCAN FRIED CHICKEN! - MAROCMAMA
MOROCCAN CHICKEN MARINADES - FOOD24
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE WITH COUSCOUS - UNICORNS IN …
MOROCCAN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - THE SPICE …
TRADITIONAL CHICKEN MARINADE MOROCCAN STYLE - #R4RECIPE
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHERMOULA RECIPE - MOROCCAN MARINADE WITH HERBS AND SPICES
YOGURT MARINATED SPICED CHICKEN BREAST - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
MOROCCAN GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
MOROCCAN CHICKEN | FEASTING AT HOME
MOROCCAN CHICKEN – KIDNEY COMMUNITY KITCHEN
THE BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN (DJEJ MAKALLI) - THE DARING GOURMET
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - ERREN'S KITCHEN
DELICIOUS MOROCCAN CHICKEN IN A YOGURT MARINADE - RACHLMANSFIELD
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN + ANTI INFLAMMATORY SPICES
MOROCCAN GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS - CLOSET COOKING
MOROCCAN CHERMOULA CHICKEN | SILK ROAD RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS WITH GARLIC-HARISSA MARINADE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN & RICE - JULIA'S CUISINE
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS - COOKING CLASSY
MOROCCAN-CITRUS MARINADE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - THE MERCHANT BAKER
MOROCCAN GRILLED CHICKEN WITH HERBY LEMON OLIVE VINAIGRETTE.
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE | MCCORMICK
LOW FODMAP MOROCCAN CHICKEN - FUN WITHOUT FODMAPS
MOROCCAN MARINATED CHICKEN THIGHS - BRAVABOD
MOROCCAN MARINADE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pasta #poultry #african #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #moroccan #chicken #dietary #meat #chicken-breasts #chicken-thighs-legs #pasta-rice-and-grains #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Moroccan Chicken?How to Make Moroccan Chicken. Pound chicken until even, place in a large resealable bag. Whisk olive oil, lemon, garlic and spices. Pour marinade over chicken. Marinade in refrigerator 2 – 8 hours. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
How long do you marinate chicken in Moroccan spice marinade?Slice the chicken in half lengthwise and mix with the Moroccan spice marinade. Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes at room temperature or up to to 8 hours in the fridge.
How do you make Moroccan Chicken Wings?How to Make Moroccan Chicken Pound chicken until even, place in a large resealable bag. Whisk olive oil, lemon, garlic and spices. Pour marinade over chicken. Marinade in refrigerator 2 – 8 hours. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
How to make marinated chicken breast?Next, make the marinade by combining the olive oil, spices, salt, garlic and sugar in a bowl or directly in a sealable plastic bag. Mix well. Place the chicken and marinade in a freezer bag, press the air out and then massage the marinade into the chicken until the breasts are evenly coated. Marinate in the fridge for 5-6 hours.