EASY ROASTED FRUIT RECIPE
A simple and delicious way to prepare fresh fruit for serving as dessert or snack.
Provided by ©Amy Johnson | She Wears Many Hats
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spread sliced peaches and blueberries in baking dish. Sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for about 20 minutes, then adjust oven settings to a low broil and broil for about 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve warm, or let cool, cover and refrigerate.
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
- Place the dried fruit and raisins in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes, or until the fruit has plumped. Drain off all the soaking liquid, reserving 1 cup.
- Place the fruit and the reserved soaking liquid in a large saucepan. Add the wine, ginger, cloves, star anise, and cinnamon stick, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a low simmer, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the fruit is quite soft. Remove from the heat and drain well, discarding the spices.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a baking sheet. Spread the poached fruit and the nuts out on the baking sheet, leaving space between the fruit. Brush the tops with the melted butter. Roast for 10 minutes, or until the fruit is just beginning to color. Serve in individual bowls, drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Combine the brown and granulated sugars with 1 cup cold water in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 12 minutes, or until the syrup is a rich caramel color, brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush from time to time to dissolve any sugar crystals that form.
- Taking care as the syrup may bubble over, whisk in the corn syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla and bring to a simmer. Carefully whisk in the cream, bring to a boil, and boil gently for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thick. Whisk in the butter and serve hot.
SPICY OVEN-ROASTED PLUMS
Several years ago I was looking for a recipe to take advantage of our bumper crop of plums, and came across a recipe similar to this. After tweaking a bit, I have come up with a very versatile version that my family and friends love. Season with ground white pepper and use it as a side dish for pork or chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and spoon it over vanilla bean ice cream, angel food, or pound cake for dessert! Play around with the spice combination by adding cloves, allspice, or cayenne. Be adventurous!
Provided by JJOYB53
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the plums, cut-side up, in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, and cardamom in a bowl; drizzle over the plums.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until plums are hot and the sauce is bubbly. Top with toasted almonds, if desired (see Cook's Note).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 3.1 mg, Sugar 16 g
This is not even really a recipe but a technique. I use this with every sort of fruit imaginable. You can serve it warm over ice cream and cakes or cold over creme brulée (mmm). This is an easy, make ahead, whenever sort of dish. Use the fruits in season and you'll be pleasantly surprised. The recipe below is more exact but this is a recipe from the school of 'handfuls'. A handfull of fruit and a handful of sugar are all you need.
Provided by Desree42
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Portion your fruits into the desired shapes, generally wedges.
- In a bowl place your fruit and toss with sugar to *coat*.
- This may require more or less sugar depending on the ripeness of your fruit.
- You do NOT want lost of extra loose sugar.
- Lay your fruit out on a pan (it doesn't have to be neat) and bake in an 350°F oven until fruit is soft and cooked through.
- The sugar and juices will have combined to make a syrup.
- *NOTE *Any fruit or berry can be used in this recipe.
- Keep in mind than an apple will take longer than a berry, so adjust the times accordingly.
- Mixing fruits can lead to pleasant surprises as the colour combine nicely and the flavour interactions are great (try blueberries and peaches)!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.3, Fat 0.1, Carbohydrate 25.6, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 24.9, Protein 0.5
OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix olive oil and onion soup mix together in a bowl. Combine potatoes, baby carrots, bell peppers, and onion in a large bowl; add oil mixture and mix until evenly coated.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender, 15 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.3 calories, Carbohydrate 31.1 g, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 357.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
MARY'S BAKED FRUIT
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, starting at the 9-in. end, arrange rows of fruit in the following order: half of the apricots, pears and plums, all of the peaches, then remaining apricots, pears and plums. , Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Lay pineapple over fruit in pan. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over fruit. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 17mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ROASTED STONE FRUITS WITH VANILLA
This compote is delicious served warm with ice cream, or cold for breakfast with yogurt
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Snack
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 8. Tip the sugar, vanilla pod, cardamom, lime zest and juice into a food processor, then blitz until blended, or mash together using a pestle and mortar. Tip the fruit into a shallow baking dish, then toss in the sludgy sugar.
- Roast for 20 mins until the fruits have softened, but not collapsed and the sugar and fruit juices have made a sticky sauce. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 68 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 68 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.02 milligram of sodium
I got this from one of the Barefoot Contessa's cookbooks. She is one of my favorite cooks and everything she makes is very elegant and simple. I have been making this for awhile now and it is a great treat for when the fruit is in season.
Provided by DebbiF
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the peaches and plums snugly in a single layer, cut side up, in 2 glass or porcelain oven-proof baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, and then top with the raspberries.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.
- Heat the broiler and place the fruit about 5 inches below the heat and broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices.
- Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with orange juice.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.6, Fat 0.7, Sodium 0.5, Carbohydrate 39, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 33.6, Protein 1.9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick skins of 2 peaches, 2 nectarines, and 2 plums with a fork, then quarter and pit. In a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan, toss fruit with 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit), 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice.
- Roast fruit until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard rosemary.
- Serve fruit warm with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 15 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g
More about "oven roasted fruit recipes"
ROASTED FRUIT RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Winter Fruit Dessert RecipesCalories 199 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish combine apples, cherries, and grapes. In a small bowl combine melted butter, lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon. Drizzle mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Roast 25 minutes or until tender, gently stirring once.
16 ROASTED FRUIT RECIPES YOU NEED TO TASTE TO BELIEVE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE – RECIPES NETWORK
OVEN ROASTED FRUIT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED FIGS - GIVE RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED FRUIT RECIPE RECIPE
GRILLING AND ROASTING FRUIT FOR BAKING | KING ARTHUR BAKING
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT - FOOD NETWORK
ROASTED STONE FRUIT | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ROASTED STONE FRUIT - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
OVEN-BAKED BREADFRUIT RECIPE - JAMAICANS.COM
OVEN-BAKED FRUIT ROLL-UPS | IGA RECIPES
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
HOW TO ROAST FRUIT - TEASPOON OF SPICE
OVEN OVEN FRUIT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROASTING FRUIT IN THE OVEN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OVEN ROASTED FRUIT - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT | RECIPE | ROASTED FRUIT RECIPE, FOOD NETWORK ...
OVEN-ROASTED PLUMS - DAVID LEBOVITZ
OVEN ROASTED FRUIT - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT - AVERA HEALTH
OUR FAVORITE OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES - INSPIRED TASTE
OVEN ROASTED STONE FRUIT | CRAFTYBAKING | FORMERLY BAKING911
HOW TO ROAST A BREADFRUIT IN YOUR OVEN. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
HOW TO MAKE SPEEDY OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT | FOOD DELICIOUS
ROASTING FRUIT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO MAKE BREAKFAST FANCY RECIPE ...
EASY OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES RECIPE | VINTAGE COOKING
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, FRUIT RECIPES, …
OVEN ROASTED FRUIT CUPS WITH VANILLA ICE-CREAM ( PALEO, AIP )
BAKED FRUIT SIDE DISH RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
OVEN-ROASTED FRUIT – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love