CARNE ADOVADA: NEW MEXICO RED CHILE PORK STEW
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the pork, undisturbed, until each piece is browned well on one side, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 195 mg, Fiber 8 g, Protein 56 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1131 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 48 g, ServingSize About 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
PORK AND RED CHILI STEW
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is a real meat and potatoes meal. The filling also makes awesome burritos.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Wash the chili pods removing seeds. Please note that the heat of the chili is found in the seeds and ribs. You may leave in some of the seeds if you want a spicier dish. Place chili pods, sun dried tomatoes and 1 cup of broth in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and allow to steep while browning the onions and meat.
- In a heavy skillet or Dutch Oven, cook bacon until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from fat and set aside to drain. Discard the fat, add in 1 tablespoon olive oi to pan and warm over medium heat. When warm add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until onions begin to brown. Transfer to crock-pot.
- Cut the pork loin into 1 1/2 to 2 inch cubes. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Place pork in container with tight fighting lid, sprinkle with seasoned flour, cover and shake to lightly coat the meat.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to skillet and cook meat in small batches until lightly browned, adding in additional oil as needed. As meat is browned transfer to crock-pot with onions and garlic. De-glaze the pan with a small amount of broth.
- Place the chili pods and sun dried tomatoes in blender container. Add in salt, pepper to taste. Process until smooth adding remaining broth. Pour over meat in crock-pot, stir in ground cumin, oregano and bay leaves. Crumble bacon and stir into mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- The last 45 to 60 minutes of cooking add in the package of Simply Potatoes and turn up to high. Stew will be thick. Continue to cook until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Serve with tortillas of choice or use filling to make burritos.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449.3, Fat 23.9, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 125.3, Sodium 869.1, Carbohydrate 8.7, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.2, Protein 47.1
SLOW-COOKER PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW
- Combine the potatoes, poblano, salsa, cilantro and 3/4 cup water in a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Tear the tortillas into small pieces and stir into the mixture. Cut the pork in half and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Rub all over with the cumin and coriander. Add the pork to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until tender, 7 hours.
- Remove the pork to a plate. Stir the corn into the slow cooker and cover. Shred the pork into bite-size pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the pork to the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the stew among bowls and top with the sour cream, pickled jalapenos and more cilantro. Serve with warmed tortillas.
GREEN CHILI PORK STEW
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the tomatillos, poblanos, jalapeno and serrano pepper on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Place under the broiler and cook, carefully removing the baking sheet and flipping once halfway, until the peppers are blistered and charred all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool while you prepare the pork.
- Season the pork with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle over the flour and toss to coat. Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half the pork and cook until browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes; remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, carrots, onions, oregano and chile powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, peel and seed the poblanos. Chop the poblanos, jalapeno, serrano and tomatillos. Stir into the pot with the vegetables. Add the stock and bay leaves and return the seared pork. Bring to a boil, then lower to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook until the pork is extremely tender, about 1 hour. Check the pot occasionally, making sure there is enough liquid. Add a little more stock or water as needed.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- If serving immediately, spoon into bowls and top with the grated cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and warmed tortillas
- To freeze, allow the stew to cool completely. Transfer to a deep 9-by-13-inch foil pan and wrap tightly with foil and plastic wrap. Put the grated cheese in a labeled quart-size resealable plastic bag. Put the stew, cheese and a pack of tortillas onto a baking sheet and freeze.
- To serve, remove the meal kit from the freezer. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the foil and plastic wrap from the stew, then return the foil. Bake until heated through, 50 to 55 minutes. Let the tortillas and cheese thaw while the stew reheats, then remove the tortillas from the pack, wrap in foil and warm in the oven for the last 10 minutes while the stew is cooking.
- Serve the stew in bowls with the fixins -- cheese, cilantro and tortillas alongside some sour cream and lime wedges.
PORK AND HOMINY STEW WITH RED CHILES (POZOLE ROJO)
- Peel garlic cloves and reserve 2 for chile sauce. Slice remaining garlic. In a 7- to 8-quart heavy kettle bring water and broth just to a boil with sliced garlic and pork. Skim surface and add oregano. Gently simmer pork, uncovered, until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- While pork is simmering, wearing protective gloves, discard stems from chiles and in a bowl combine chiles with boiling-hot water. Soak chiles, turning them occasionally, 30 minutes. Cut onion into large pieces and in a blender purée with chiles and soaking liquid, reserved garlic, and 2 teaspoons salt until smooth.
- Transfer pork with tongs to a cutting board and reserve broth mixture. Shred pork, using 2 forks, and discard bones. Rinse and drain hominy. Return pork to broth mixture and add chile sauce, hominy, and remaining teaspoon salt. Simmer pozole 30 minutes and, if necessary, season with salt. Pozole may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- While pozole is simmering, stack tortillas and halve. Cut halves crosswise into thin strips. In a 9- to 10-inch skillet heat 1/2 inch oil until hot but not smoking and fry tortilla strips in 3 or 4 batches, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer tortilla strips with a slotted spoon as fried to brown paper or paper towels to drain. Transfer tortilla strips to a bowl. Tortilla strips may be made 1 day ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.
- Serve pozole with tortilla strips and bowls of accompaniments.
PORK & HOMINY IN RED CHILES SOUP/STEW
This untried dish is reminiscent of the more common chili verde except that the stock is made from dried rather than fresh chiles. As a big fan of the smoky ancho, it appeals to me and will soon make an appearance on my dinner table. In the meantime, I'm posting here for my fellow foodies.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium-large saucepan, add the water, salt and cubd pork. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook pork about 20 minuts, until it is just tender. Remove pork from water using a slotted spoon. Cover pork with a damp cloth over a bowl to keep moist.
- In the same water used to cook the pork, add the ancho chiles. Remove from hat and allow the peppers to soak for 20 minutes. Transfer the softened chiles and liquid to a food processor or blender. Add garlic and oregano and process until smooth.
- In the same saucepan used earlier, add the oil and saute the chopped onions, stirring often until the onions are soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the hominy, and the pureed peppers. Add chicken broth as needed to get the soup to reach the desired consistency or just a bit thinner than desired.
- Stir in the reserved pork, and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the pork cubes are tender, about 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Laddle soup into bowls and allow diners to add condiments as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.6, Fat 17.6, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 91.9, Sodium 970.6, Carbohydrate 26.2, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 3.7, Protein 39.9
CONTEST-WINNING GREEN CHILI PORK STEW
Anyone living in or visiting the Southwest knows green chilies are a staple. I grew up on this delicacy and thought everyone must know how delicious it is. It seems to be even more popular now in this area.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil over medium heat on all sides. Add onion and garlic; saute for 3-5 minutes. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, chilies, potatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. , Add beans; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
MEXICAN PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW
Here's my version of a traditional Mexican 'Guisado de Puerco en Chile Verde' (Green Chile and Pork stew). It is bursting with flavor, and is mildly-spicy. Serve with hot corn or flour tortillas with butter, or black beans and white rice.
Provided by Seanzilla
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
- Spread flour into a wide, shallow dish; add pork and turn to coat, shaking off excess.
- Cook coated pork in hot oil until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir onion and garlic in with the pork; continue cooking and stirring until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Pour diced tomatoes, green chilies, and 2 tablespoons cilantro over the pork mixture; stir. Place a cover on the Dutch oven and simmer the mixture until pork is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes.
- Whisk cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; stir into the liquid in the Dutch oven and continue cooking until the sauce thickens, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat; let dish rest 10 to 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and desired amount of cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 32.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 436.2 mg, Sugar 4 g
PORK AND HOMINY STEW WITH RED CHILES
- Peel garlic and reserve 2 whole cloves, then slice remaining cloves. Combine sliced garlic, pork, water, and broth in a 7- to 8-quart heavy pot and bring to a boil, skimming froth. Add oregano, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, skimming occasionally, until pork is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, discard stems from chiles (do not seed), then soak in boiling-hot water (1 1/2 cups) in a bowl, turning occasionally, until softened, about 30 minutes (do not drain). Purée chiles with soaking water, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and reserved garlic cloves in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer pork with tongs to a large bowl, reserving broth in pot. Shred pork, using 2 forks (discard bones). Return pork to broth, then add hominy, chile purée, and remaining teaspoon salt and simmer, uncovered, skimming froth and stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Season with salt. 3Serve pozole in shallow bowls with accompaniments.
- *Available at Latino markets and kitchenmarket.com.
PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW
As an easily adaptable stew, this dish is ready in 4 hours if cooked on high in a slow cooker or in 8 hours if cooked low and slow. -Paul Sedillo, Plainfield, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, brown pork and onion in oil in batches. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker., Stir in the potatoes, water, hominy, chiles, tapioca, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 7-9 hours, stirring in cilantro during the last 30 minutes of cooking. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322 calories, Fat 15g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 723mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN CHILI STEW WITH PORK
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place bones into a heavy roasting pan and add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Cover pan with a tight fitting lid and cook until browned. You may need to add more water while it is cooking so be sure to check.
- In a large stock pot, combine browned boned, chilies, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, celery, cumin, chili pepper and liquid. Simmer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bones from soup, remove any meat, and place meat back into soup. Once vegetables are tender, serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.5 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 92 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 38.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1870.8 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
More about "pork and red chili stew recipes"
CARNE ADOVADA (RED CHILE AND PORK STEW) RECIPE
3.5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsServings 6Calories 577 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large, heavy-bottomed, ovenproof pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until onions are golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer onions and garlic to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, cumin, and pepper. Add pork and toss to coat. Return pot to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tbsp. oil, and, working in batches, lightly brown meat on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Transfer meat to a separate bowl as you go.
- Return onions and garlic to pot. Sprinkle with ground chiles and cook, stirring, 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pot. Whirl sauce in a blender until smooth. Return sauce to pot and add bay leaf and reserved pork.
- Cover pot, put in oven, and cook 1 hour. Set lid slightly ajar and cook until pork is fork-tender, about 1 hour more. Remove bay leaf before serving.
PORK STEW IN RED CHILE SAUCE RECIPE - DIANA KENNEDY
- Arrange the pork in one or two layers in a wide, heavy, flameproof casserole. Barely cover with water, and season with salt. Cover and cook over moderate heat until almost tender, about 30 minutes. Drain off most of the broth and reserve, adding enough water to make 2 1/2 cups. Continue to cook the pork uncovered until the fat has been rendered and the meat is slightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, slit the chiles lengthwise and remove the stems, seeds and veins. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the reserved pork broth into a blender. Add the garlic, cinnamon, bay leaf and oregano and blend until smooth. Add the mixture to the pork in the casserole and fry for a few seconds.
- Add 1 more cup of the reserved broth and the drained chiles, a few at a time, to the blender and puree. Strain the chiles over the pork through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to extract as much of the flesh and juice as possible. Fry the pork, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking, for about 5 minutes longer.
PORK PUMPKIN STEW - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK AND RED CHILI : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RED CHILE STEW WITH PORK - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
NEW MEXICAN GREEN CHILE PORK STEW WITH CORN, QUESO FRESCO, AND …
SLOW COOKER PORK AND GREEN CHILI STEW - SKINNYTASTE
NEW MEXICAN RED PORK CHILI RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
RED CHILI PORK RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PORK CHILI STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK AND RED CHILI STEW - PLAIN.RECIPES
PORK AND RED CHILI STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RED CHILI STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RED CHILE AND PORK STEW (CARNE ADOBADA) | SAVEUR
PORK AND RED CHILI STEW RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN | STEW RECIPES, …
PORK STEW WITH COCKLES AND SPICY RED PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE
GREEN CHILE PORK STEW • THE HERITAGE COOK
RED CHILE PORK STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GROUND PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW: SERIOUS COMFORT FOOD
10 BEST MEXICAN RED PORK CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER RED PORK CHILI RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
RED CHILI STEW RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW RECIPE - ONE POT MEAL RECIPES
RECIPE FOR PORK CHILI STEW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PORK STEW IN RED CHILE SAUCE (ASADO DE CHILE COLORADO)
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RED CHILI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RED CHILE PORK STEW RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
PORK CHILI STEW RECIPE
NEW MEXICAN RED PORK CHILI | RECIPE | PORK CHILI, PORK CHILI RECIPE ...
GREEN CHILI STEW WITH PORK | RECIPE | GREEN CHILI STEW, RECIPES, STEW
ASADO DE CHILE COLORADO (PORK IN RED CHILE SAUCE) + VIDEO
VENISON RED CHILI STEW | FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE CENTRAL
BRAISED PORK AND CHILE STEW RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
GREEN CHILE PORK STEW RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PORK AND RED CHILI STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#main-ingredient #potatoes #vegetables #simply-potatoes
You'll also love