This is from Americas Test Kitchen. They say to partially freeze your meat to make the cutting easier. It really does help! I used Sriracha sauce, for the Asian chili Sauce, but you can use sambal, but it is much spicier. Use 6-inch-long skewers; you'll need about 24. As for dipping sauce, this is what I use http://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-dipping-sauce-with-a-kick-159823
Provided by nsomniak6
Yield 24 skewers, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut flank steak in half lengthwise and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce and all other ingredients in a measuring cup, set aside.
- Remove flank steak from the freezer and slice each piece across the grain into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Weave meat onto individual bamboo skewers.
- Dunk meat end of each skewer in the marinade to coat.
- Lay the skewers in a shallow dish, propping up the exposed ends of the skewers to keep them clean.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the meat.
- Refrigerate for EXACTLY one hour (any more and the meat will start to get mushy.).
- Adjust an oven rack to the top position and heat the broiler.
- Lay the skewers in a single layer on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and cover the skewer ends with foil. (May have to broil 2 different sets.).
- Broil 6-7 minutes, flipping the skewers halfway through, until meat is browned.
- Serve immediately.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Yields 20 skewers
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and drain.
- In an 8-by-8-inch baking dish or wide shallow bowl, whisk together peanut oil, shallot, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, turmeric, coriander, lime juice, and black pepper. Add steak, tossing to combine, and marinate at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Thread one slice steak onto each skewer. Grill, turning once, just until cooked through, about 2 minutes total.
- Serve immediately with Thai peanut dipping sauce.
Whip up this simple peanut sauce recipe in just 10 minutes. Serve with chicken or vegetable skewers for a starter or party nibble. Kids love it too!
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, curry powder and peanut butter in a small bowl. Add a splash of water if it's too stiff. Transfer to a small pan with the coconut milk, and heat gently for 5 mins stirring continually, until combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
- Slice the beef against the grain into 1/2-inch wide strips and place into a large resealable bag. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour the marinade into the bag over the beef. Seal the bag and toss to coat completely. Place the bag into a large bowl and put into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- To serve: Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread 24 of the beef strips onto the skewers. Oil the grill gates and place the beef on the grill. If desired, reserve the remaining beef strips and marinade for another use, such as Round 2 Recipe Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry. Cook the skewers 2 to 3 minute per side. Remove from the heat, place on a serving platter and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve immediately.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF SATAY
With grilling season still in full swing, you can never have enough new and exciting ways to enjoy beef. This is the main course-size version of a fabulous Thai appetizer, strips of beef marinated in Asian spices, skewered, and grilled for a truly amazing combination of flavors. I think you should try this very soon.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place ginger, garlic, onion, brown sugar, fish sauce, vegetable oil, soy sauce, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper into a mixing bowl; whisk into a smooth marinade.
- Bruise lemon grass by hitting it lightly several times with the back of a large chef's knife; mince the lemon grass and add to the marinade.
- Cut beef sirloin into strips about 2 1/2 inches long and 1/8 inch thick. Thoroughly mix the beef into marinade until all beef strips are completely coated, about 1 minute. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove beef from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Thread 1/4 the meat onto each metal skewer.
- Arrange skewers on the preheated grill and cook until the meat stops sticking to the grill, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip skewers over onto other side and cook until meat is well browned and shows grill marks, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Turn onto first side again and cook until meat is still slightly pink, 2 more minutes. Transfer to a platter and let skewers rest about 2 more minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 120.8 mg, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 40.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 1638 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
People also searched
More about "sataybeef recipes"
BEEF SATAY - RASA MALAYSIA
4.4/5 (11)Category Malaysian RecipesCuisine BeefTotal Time 45 mins
- Blend all the ingredients in Marinade into a smooth paste. Heat up some oil in a wok, stir-fry the Marinade until fragrant and the oil slightly separates from it. Transfer out and set aside.
- Extract the juice from the tamarind pulp, discard the pulps. Blend the Spice Paste ingredients into a smooth paste. Add some water if needed.
- Heat up the oil in a pan, stir-fry the spice paste until fragrant, turn the heat to medium-high and continue cooking until the oil slightly separates.
GRILLED BEEF SATAY RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (5)Author Tyler FlorenceServings 20Category Appetizer
- Thread the beef onto the soaked skewers, working the skewers in and out of the meat so that it stays in place while grilling. Combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and lemon juice in a shallow platter and stir to combine. Place the beef skewers into the yogurt marinade and turn them until they are well coated. Cover and let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Grill the satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through. Serve piled on a large platter garnished with cilantro.
BEEF SATAY (SATAY DAGING) | SATAY RECIPES | SBS FOOD
3.3/5 (181)Servings 50Cuisine SingaporeanCategory Snack See details »
BEEF SATAY SKEWERS WITH PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE - THE LEMON BOWL®
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk together beef marinade: lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic and chili paste. Add beef strips to the bowl and toss well to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes or marinate in the refrigerator for up to overnight.
- Prepare peanut dipping sauce by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add in warm tap water, about a tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired consistency. Reserve for later.
- To cook beef skewers, carefully thread each strip on soaked skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.
GRILLED BEEF SATAY - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Begin by soaking 10 wooden skewers in water for half an hour. This will prevent them from burning when cooking.
- Place the sliced steak in a large bowl with the oil, dark brown sugar and fish sauce. Mix together using your hands and massage the sauce into the steak for a minute. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 mins. (If you want to marinate for longer - i.e up to overnight, then place in the refrigerator).
- Whilst the meat is marinating, add all of the basting ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Put to one side.
LOW CARB SATAY BEEF MEAL PREP - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Prepare sauce- in a jar, shake together the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, monk fruit sweetener, red curry paste and ground ginger. It might take several minutes of shaking to get everything completely dissolved.
- Marinate- Pour half of the peanut sauce over the sliced flank steak in a bowl. Toss to coat, then marinate for 30 minutes.Divide the remaining peanut sauce between four condiment containers.
- Cook- Using an indoor grill, cook the beef: Working in batches, cook the strips of beef for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. You can also cook on an outdoor grill and may wish to use a grilling plate or skewer the beef.
- Cauliflower rice- heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Add the riced cauliflower, season with salt & pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Divide up between four 3 cup meal prep containers.
HONG KONG STYLE BEEF SATAY NOODLE SOUP - THE MISSING LOKNESS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- To marinate the beef, in a medium bowl, add beef slices, soy sauce, sugar and ground white pepper. Mix well with hands. While mixing, slowly add the water. Add corn starch and combine. Add vegetable oil and mix again. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinade in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- In a large pan over high heat, warm 2 teaspoons oil. Add the marinated beef and cook until just cook through. Using a slotted spoon to remove the beef to a paper-lined plate. Discard all liquid. Rinse and clean the pan.
SATAY BEEF NOODLE SOUP | WOK AND KIN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- When the bones are soft, turn the heat on high and add all the sauces and seasoning. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
CHINESE STYLE SATAY BEEF (30-MIN. RECIPE) - CHRISTIE AT HOME
- Slice your steak against the grain and very thinly. Tip: if you freeze the steak for 20-30 minutes, this will allow you to slice the steak very thinly. Transfer beef to a mixing bowl.
- To the same mixing bowl, add your beef marinade ingredients. Mix with tongs or your hands and then pack the beef into a ball so that the marinade really soaks into the meat. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together your satay sauce ingredients until well combine. Tip: if you have a blender, add your ingredients to the blender and then blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Next in a non-stick pan set over medium high heat, add cooking oil and your marinated beef. Fry until the edges are brown and the meat is 50-60% cooked, about 5 minutes.
INDONESIAN BEEF SATAY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE ...
- To marinate steak: Combine lime juice, lemongrass (or lime zest), soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, turmeric, coriander, cumin and pepper in a small bowl. Cut steak on the bias across the grain (see Tip) into thin, 1- to 2-inch-wide strips. Place in a sealable gallon-size plastic bag, add the marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- To prepare dipping sauce: Combine onion and oil in a small saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and lemongrass (or lime zest); cook, stirring frequently and reducing the heat as necessary to prevent overbrowning, 2 minutes more. Add coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce, ketchup, lime juice, brown sugar and hot sauce; cook, stirring, until well blended. If necessary, thin with a little water to the desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with lime juice, brown sugar and/or hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To prepare cucumbers: Combine cucumber, vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in cilantro (if using). Taste and add more sugar and/or salt if desired. Set aside.
- To prepare satays: Preheat a gas grill to medium heat or prepare a medium-heat fire in a charcoal grill. (No grill? See Broiler Variation.)
EASY SATAY SAUCE RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
- Heat over medium heat whilst stirring with a wooden spoon. The sauce will look thin at first, then as it comes close to boiling point, it will start to thicken. Don't let the sauce boil, just turn down the heat as it approaches boiling point and stir until thickened, then turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, chilli flakes and fresh coriander before serving.
MARINATED THAI BEEF SATAY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 594Saturated Fat 13g 63%Cholesterol 152mg 51%Total Fat 25g 32% See details »
SLOW COOKER SATAY BEEF - SLOW COOKING PERFECTED
4.7/5 (7)Category DinnerCuisine IndonesianTotal Time 8 hrs 15 mins See details »
EASY SATAY BEEF - THIS IS COOKING FOR BUSY MUMSTHIS IS ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
SATAY BEEF RECIPE | MY MARKET KITCHEN
See details »
SATAY BEEF RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
See details »
SATAY RECIPES - BBC FOOD
See details »
SATAY BEEF | RECIPE | BEEF SATAY, BEEF RECIPES EASY, BEEF ...
See details »
BEEF SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - RIB EYE STEAK SATAY RECIPE ...
See details »
HOW TO COOK BEEF SATE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
BEEF SATAY WITH THAI PEANUT SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
See details »
SATAY BEEF & NOODLE SALAD MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
See details »
You'll also love