THANKSGIVING TURKEY WITH HOLIDAY RUB
Make this turkey rub from Food Network, which has thyme, rosemary, sage and garlic powder.
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 12 to 14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all of the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Generously season the turkey cavity with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush the turkey with olive oil, and rub it with the seasoning mixture. Tie the legs together loosely to hold their shape, and tuck the wing tips under.
- Roast the turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 165 to 170 degrees F, about 3 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter. Tent it very loosely with foil, and let it rest for at least 30 minutes (the internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees). Reserve the juices in the pan.
- Gravy: Scrape the juices and browned bits from the roasting pan into a large glass measuring cup. Spoon off the fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. If necessary, add enough stock to the juices to measure 1 2/3 cups.
- Heat the reserved 2 tablespoons fat in a heavy, large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, and shallots, and saute for 2 minutes. Add the flour and whisk until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the degreased pan juices, and the 2 cups stock. Bring to a boil, whisking until smooth. Reduce the heat and simmer until the gravy is reduced to the desired consistency, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice, and the sour cream. Season the gravy with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the gravy into a serving bowl. Carve the turkey and arrange it on a serving platter. Serve the turkey with the gravy.
A neighbor served us this turkey several years ago. My family has requested the "lemon filled one" ever since! -Susan Greishaw, Archer, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 28 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl combine the first five ingredients. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey; rub half the spice mixture under the skin., Brush turkey with oil. Rub remaining spice mixture over turkey. Place lemons inside the neck and body cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together., Arrange onions in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place turkey, breast side up, over onions., Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving., Remove lemons from cavity. When cool enough to handle, halve lemons and squeeze juice over turkey if desired. Discard onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 586mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICE-RUBBED ROAST TURKEY
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse inside and outside of turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large roasting pan. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Tuck wings under turkey. Fill cavity loosely with stuffing, and tie legs together with kitchen twine. Squeeze 1 orange over turkey. Season outside of turkey generously with salt, and sprinkle with pepper. Gently rub seasonings into turkey.
- Heat juice of remaining orange, the butter, and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Roast turkey, basting every half hour with melted-butter mixture until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. (Halfway through, rotate pan and cover with foil.)
- Remove stuffing, and transfer to a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan. Bake until stuffing reaches 165 degrees, about 30 minutes more. Meanwhile, let turkey stand for 30 minutes. Transfer to a platter; reserve pan juices in roasting pan for Aleppo pepper gravy. Carve turkey. Garnish with persimmons and sage if desired.
HOMEMADE TURKEY SEASONING
Use this simple rub over your turkey to create the delicious flavors your family craves during the holidays. While the turkey roasts, it will fill your house with the nostalgic aroma of Thanksgiving dinner. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1/4 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. To use on whole turkey, rub under skin, over skin and in body and neck cavities before roasting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 240mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
- Using a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds until fragrant, about 2 minutes. In a spice grinder, grind the oregano, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, Anaheim chiles, red chiles, paprika, salt, and peppercorns into a powder. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Rinse turkey with cold water, making sure to clean neck and main cavity thoroughly. Pat inside and outside of bird dry with paper towels. The outside of bird must be dry for spice rub to adhere to skin.
- Wearing rubber gloves, rub spice mixture thoroughly over entire bird. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Spices may be applied up to 1 day ahead. Allow bird to come to room temperature before stuffing.
- Place rack in lower third of oven, and heat oven to 450 degrees. Stuff neck cavity with 3 to 4 cups of Spicy Cornbread Stuffing. Fold neck flap down, and secure to underside of turkey using stainless-steel trussing pins or wooden skewers. Stuff larger cavity with remaining stuffing.
- Cut a piece of kitchen twine to twice the length of the turkey. Fold twine in two, and, starting at neck, bring twine forward around body of turkey ending at legs. Tie twine to secure wings and legs to body of bird. Cross turkey's legs, and tie together. Place trussed bird in a V-rack in a large roasting pan.
- Transfer turkey to oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. After the first hour, rotate pan every 30 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Remove from oven, and set aside for 30 minutes before carving.
SPICE RUB ROASTED THANKSGIVING TURKEY
This Thanksgiving turkey recipe produces a well-seasoned, juicy, and tender turkey that will bring smiles to everyone's faces. You cannot go wrong with a spice rub and a giant bird!
Provided by cremebrulee
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, cumin, basil, salt, and pepper in a zip-top bag. Close and shake spice rub until well mixed.
- Cut small slits into the skin of the turkey. Use a palmful of spice rub at a time to rub all over turkey-on top, sides, bottom, inside cavity, and into the slits in the skin. Stuff the cavity with cilantro, onion, and garlic. Place in a roasting pan, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Remove turkey from the refrigerator. Baste with melted butter. Pour 1/2 of the chicken broth inside the pan. Cover with foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven, for 3 hours. Remove foil and baste with remaining chicken broth. Continue to roast until turkey is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 2 1/2 hours longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1343.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 457.3 mg, Fat 87.6 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 119.5 g, SaturatedFat 41 g, Sodium 4563.4 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
More about "spice rubbed turkey recipes"
CHRISTMAS SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Christmas Turkey RecipesCalories 346 per serving
- For the spice rub, whizz all the ingredients in a spice grinder or pound in a pestle and mortar until the mixture resembles a damp, sandy powder (see Make Ahead).
- For the herb butter, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season generously. Spoon half onto a sheet of cling film, wrap and shape into a disk, then freeze. Repeat with the remaining butter (see Make Ahead).
- Two days before cooking, defrost the spice rub, smear all over the turkey, then leave in the fridge, loosely covered in cling film, for the spices to permeate the skin.
- On the day of cooking, defrost or soften the herb butter. Take the turkey out of the fridge 2 hours before you plan to put it in the oven. Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C/ gas Loosen the skin of the turkey neck, and, using your fingers, create 2 pockets between the skin and the breast; try not to tear the skin. Stuff the herb butter into the pockets, massaging it down as far as you can. Put the orange halves and some of the bay leaves in the turkey cavity and drizzle a little oil over the bird.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY WITH COGNAC GRAVY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Toast coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and cinnamon in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cool. Grind spices to powder in spice grinder. Transfer spice powder to small bowl; mix in salt and paprika. Place turkey on rack set in large roasting pan; tuck wings under. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon spice mixture in main cavity of turkey and remaining spice mixture all over turkey skin; tie legs together to hold shape. Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- Set rack at lowest position in oven and preheat to 450°F. Pour 1 1/2 cups turkey broth into pan with turkey. Reduce heat to 350°F; roast turkey 2 hours. Add 2 cups broth to pan. Roast 1 hour; pour 2 cups broth over turkey. Cover turkey loosely with foil. Continue roasting until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, about 1 hour longer.
- Place reserved turkey neck, heart, and gizzard in medium saucepan; add 3 cups turkey broth. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Strain broth into 4-cup measuring cup; reserve neck, heart, and gizzard. Skim any fat from surface of giblet broth. Add enough turkey broth to giblet broth to measure 4 cups total. Remove meat from neck. Finely chop neck, heart, and gizzard.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Diabetic Christmas Main Dish RecipesCalories 185 per servingTotal Time 6 hrs 35 mins
- Combine garlic, ginger, curry powder, oil, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Spread spice mixture evenly onto turkey. (Wear disposable gloves so the spices don't stain your hands.) Place spice-rubbed turkey in a glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Place turkey on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. Serve with yogurt.
BBQ SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY BREAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.2/5 (22)Calories 311 per serving
- Thaw turkey, if frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large shallow roasting pan and rack with cooking spray. In small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Place turkey breast halves, bone side down, on roasting rack in prepared pan. Set aside.
- Starting at breast bone, slip fingers between skin and meat to loosen skin, leaving skin attached at top. Lift skin and spread spice mixture evenly under skin over breast meat. Insert oven-going meat thermometer into thickest part of breast, without touching bone.
- Roast, uncovered, on lower rack of oven for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until thermometer registers 170 degrees F., juices run clear, and turkey is no longer pink, occasionally spooning pan juices over turkey. Let stand, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before slicing. Place breast halves on platter. Serve with Cranberry Barbecue Sauce. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
SPICE RUBBED ROAST TURKEY - THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 hrs 15 minsCategory EntreesCalories 193 per serving
- Place the turkey on a baking sheet. Tie the legs together (if not already held together) and tuck the wings underneath the turkey, using small skewers to secure.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, ground pepper, garlic powder and salt. Add the maple syrup and olive, and stir to combine.
- Starting at the neck end of the turkey, slide your hands under the breast skin to loosen. Smear half of the rub underneath the breast skin. Smear the other half of the rub over the entire topside of the turkey.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 11 hrs
- Stir together smoked paprika, chili powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside 1 tsp. spice-rub mixture. Rub remaining spice-rub mixture over thawed whole turkey, patted dry with paper towels (giblets and neck removed and reserved for Homemade Turkey Stock). Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a large roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Chill, uncovered, 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F with rack in lower third of oven. Place yellow onion, bay leaves, halved garlic head, thyme sprigs, and oregano sprigs in cavity. Tie turkey legs together with kitchen twine, and tuck wing tips under. Lightly brush turkey with olive oil, being careful not to remove too much of the spice-rub mixture from skin. Sprinkle evenly with reserved 1 tsp. spice-rub mixture.
- Bake in lower third of preheated oven 45 minutes. Loosely cover turkey with aluminum foil, and reduce oven temperature to 350˚F. Continue baking until golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thigh registers 165˚F, 1 ½ to 2 hours. Transfer to a cutting board, and rest 30 minutes before carving. Pour pan drippings through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids. Reserve 1 ½ cups strained drippings for Old-Fashioned Turkey Gravy or Mushroom Gravy.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY RECIPE - ERIC BROMBERG, BRUCE …
4/5 Servings 12
- In a small bowl, combine the kosher salt with the sage, black pepper, paprika and sugar. Set the turkey in a large roasting pan and rub it with the spice mixture inside and out; refrigerate for at least 12 hours or for up to 24 hours. Return the turkey to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 475°. Stuff the turkey body cavity and the skin flap at the top of the breast with the Rye Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Apples and Bacon, packing it loosely. Brush the turkey all over with the melted butter and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown.
- Scatter the onions, celery and carrots around the turkey, add the water to the pan and cover the breast loosely with foil. Lower the oven temperature to 325° and roast the turkey for about 3 1/2 hours longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh registers 165°; remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of roasting. Transfer the turkey to a carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into a medium saucepan and skim the fat from the surface. Set the roasting pan over 2 burners and cook the vegetables over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the flour and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are coated with the flour mixture and lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in half of the Rich Turkey Stock and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the gravy is slightly thickened.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY | WILLIAMS SONOMA
Servings 12Total Time 2 hrs 50 mins
THE BEST TURKEY RUB RECIPES
BEST TURKEY SEASONING | HOMEMADE TURKEY RUB - RECIPE VIBES
Ratings 2Category Condiments, SpiceCuisine American, BritishTotal Time 5 mins
- All you need to do is to first measure out all the ingredients, then add all the ingredients in a dry bowl and mix till well combined.
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 hrsServings 10Calories 925 per serving
- For brine: In a large pot, combine salt, red-pepper flakes, garlic, jalapeños, and 2 quarts hot water; stir to dissolve salt.
SPICE RUBBED BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST RECIPE WITH MOJO SAUCE+ ...
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Roast the turkey:Arrange rack in middle of oven; preheat to 425° F. Mix garlic, cumin, oil, paprika, pepper, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt, and finely grated zest from lemon in a medium bowl.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze out juice into spice mixture. Rub the cut lemons all over the turkey, and any remaining juice. Place lemons in cavity of turkey.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, or aluminum sheet pan with parchment underneath, breast side facing up. From both edges of cavity, loosen skin from breasts, being careful not to tear skin. Using your fingers, gently spread 3/4 of spice mixture under skin (reserve remaining spice mixture), then season turkey skin all over with remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Roast turkey 20 minutes, then turn heat down to 375 degrees F. Continue roasting, basting with remaining spice mixture and pan juices every 20 minutes, until thickest part of breast is pierced with instant-read thermometer and reads 150-155 degrees F.
SOUTHWESTERN SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY BREAST | POULTRY RECIPES ...
Servings 5-6Total Time 25 hrs 35 minsCategory Poultry
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. Rub the turkey on all sides and under the skin with the rub. Tie the turkey with butcher’s twine to create a uniform roast for even grilling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Set the grilling rack inside the disposable foil pan, and then add the orange juice, chicken stock, oranges, and lemons. Place the turkey breast on the grilling rack skin side up.
BUXTON HALL BARBECUE DRY RUBBED TURKEY BREAST – SPICEWALLA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
LOW-FAT SPICE RUBBED ROAST TURKEY RECIPE BY ROBYN ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Quick And EasyCalories 211 per serving
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY WITH BALSAMIC & THYME GRAVY - SOBEYS INC.
Total Time 4 hrsCalories 245 per serving
SUNNY’S BUTTERFLIED ROAST TURKEY WITH EASY ORANGE SPICE RUB
5/5 (10)Author Sunny AndersonServings 10Category Main-Dish
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY RECIPE
SPICE RUBBED TURKEY BREAST — THE 5 TASTES TABLE
SPICE-RUBBED TURKEY WITH BALSAMIC & THYME GRAVY - SAFEWAY
BROWN SUGAR RUBBED TURKEY BREAST FOOD
TURKEY RUB FOR SMOKING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a spice rubbed Turkey?Spice Rubbed Roast Turkey. Two of my favorite ways of preparing a turkey are a butter and herb rub, and a spice rub. The recipe for this spice rubbed roasted turkey is made up of a mixture of spices – paprika, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, garlic – and a drizzle of maple syrup and olive oil for extra flavor and browning power.
How do you cook a Turkey with lemons and spices?With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey; rub half the spice mixture under the skin. Brush turkey with oil. Rub remaining spice mixture over turkey. Place lemons inside the neck and body cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together.
How do you rub a turkey breast before grilling?When using a rub, remember to get the mix under the skin and inside the turkey. To do this, gently place your hand between the breast skin and meat and work the skin away from the meat with your fingers being careful not to tear the skin.
How do you make Turkey seasoning smokier?To use on whole turkey, rub under skin, over skin and in body and neck cavities before roasting. How do you make this seasoning smokier? To make this turkey seasoning smokier, try mixing about a teaspoon of smoked paprika and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne into this dry rub. Doing so will get you that oh-so-good smoky flavor.