SPICY THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP
For national soup month in January, I came up with a new recipe every day. This one is my favorite! It's so easy, with just a touch of special Thai flavors. For an even richer flavor, try using whole coconut milk. -Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2 quarts)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Toss chicken with cornstarch. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pot., In same pan, saute onion, jalapeno and garlic in remaining oil over medium-high heat until onion is tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in seasonings, chili sauce, coconut milk and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes., Stir in cabbage, snow peas and chicken; cook, uncovered, just until cabbage is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Serve with green onions and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 1017mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
SPICY CHICKEN THAI SOUP
Most of the ingredients for this Thai-inspired soup can be found in the supermarket. The red curry paste is spicy, but by controlling the amount of paste you add, you can tailor this to your own threshold of pain.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stir lemon grass, garlic, and ginger together in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain chicken broth and set aside. Discard lemon grass, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; Stir in chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste, fish sauce, and lime juice until combined. Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk; return to a simmer and cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Skim off any excess oil and fat that rises to the top and discard.
- Stir red onion into the chicken mixture; cook and stir until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add about 1/2 the cilantro.
- Serve with plates of cilantro, lime wedges, and fresh sliced jalapenos.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 114 mg, Fat 44.8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 28.9 g, Sodium 1207.4 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
THAI CHICKEN SOUP
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.
SKINNY THAI CHICKEN SOUP
42% fewer calories • 69% less sat fat • 55% more vitamin A than the original recipe. Get a bonus from red peppers and baby spinach.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In 4-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in curry paste until melted.
- Stir in broth, chicken, brown sugar and salt. Return to heat. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In small bowl, stir cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and coconut milk to soup mixture; heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in spinach and cilantro. Cook about 1 minute or just until mixture is hot and spinach is wilted. Serve soup with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 550 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
SPICY CHICKEN SOUP
- Bring stock to a simmer in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan, then stir in chile powder (to taste) and shallots and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in fish sauce (to taste) and soy sauce and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in mint.
- Serve soup warm, topped with scallions and cilantro.
SPICY CHICKEN THAI SOUP
- In 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in chicken broth, sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper™ box), gingerroot, curry paste and chile paste. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper™ box), bell pepper, chicken and coconut milk. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1560 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
QUICK THAI-INSPIRED CHICKEN SOUP
This is a non-spicy Thai chicken soup made delicious with coconut milk, fresh veggies, and ginger. You can serve this over rice.
Provided by Bree
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add onion, bell pepper, and carrot and saute for 1 minute more. Add chicken and cook and stir until browned and no longer pink in the centers, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Slice bok choy diagonally. Add to boiling soup and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve in bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.9 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Cholesterol 26.9 mg, Fat 32.6 g, Fiber 11 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 21.7 g, Sodium 1103.3 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
More about "spicy chicken thai soup recipes"
SPICY CHICKEN SOUP - AUTHENTIC THAI RECIPES FROM THAI …
4.5/5 Category SoupsServings 1-2Total Time 15 mins
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
5/5 (12)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 462 per serving
- Place a large sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add both oils to the pot, followed by the onions. Saute the onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Then add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the sliced chicken. Stir to separate, then simmer another 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and add the red bell peppers, carrots, snap peas and basil. Cover the pot and steep the vegetable for 5 minutes, until barely cooked through, but still firm. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a sprinkle of chopped green onions.
SPICY THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (84)Calories 224 per serving
THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - RASA MALAYSIA
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP - HANDLE THE HEAT
10 BEST SPICY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI CHICKEN SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK (TOM KA GAI) RECIPE
WICKED THAI CHICKEN SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
YUM JIN GAI (SPICY NORTHERN THAI-STYLE CHICKEN SOUP) …
THAI SOUP RECIPE | TOM YUM GAI (SPICY CHICKEN SOUP)
SPICY THAI CHICKEN SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 AUTHENTIC THAI SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
THAI-INSPIRED CHICKEN & RICE NOODLE SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THAI SPICY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (EASY 15-MINUTE RECIPE)
SPICY CHICKEN THAI NOODLE SOUP - TASTYCOOKERY
SLOW COOKER THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - QUICK, EASY, HEALTHY DINNER
SPICY CHICKEN THAI SOUP - CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES
THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY CHICKEN THAI SOUP RECIPE BY CHEF JOHN - REDCIPES
SPICY THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - LOVE IN MY OVEN
SPICY THAI CURRY CHICKEN SOUP - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY THAI CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICY THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
THAI COCONUT GINGER CHICKEN SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST THAI CHICKEN RICE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY THAI STYLE SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SPICY THAI CHICKEN SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY THAI CHICKEN & RICE NOODLE SOUP - THE ORIGINAL DISH
SPICY CHICKEN THAI SOUP | RECIPE | SPICY CHICKEN, COOKING, SOUP
SPICY THAI CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
THAI RED CURRY NOODLE SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
SPICY THAI PEANUT SOUP WITH CHICKEN - THE MERRYTHOUGHT
SPICY THAI SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RED THAI CHICKEN SOUP | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES
SPICY CHICKEN THAI CURRY NOODLE SOUP - FRAZZLED RASPBERRY
SPICY THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do I make spicy Thai coconut chicken soup?Coconut milk tames the heat and combines deliciously with shredded chicken breast in Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. Read the full recipe after the video. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (through lemongrass); cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to make Thai soup recipe?This easy-to-make Thai soup recipe has plenty of spice to warm the bones, and it will fill you up with plenty of chicken, coconut milk, rice and lots of seasoning. Heat a large pan or wok to medium heat. Add olive oil and heat. Add onion, celery and chili peppers. Cook about 6-7 minutes, until they are all softened and begin to brown.
How to make spicy chicken soup?How we make our Spicy Chicken Soup. 1) Boil lemongrass and galangal in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes. Add garlic and hot chili, and continue boiling for another minute. 2) Add the chicken, mushrooms, kaffir lime leaf, and nam prik pao sauce. Boil for 2 - 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
What is in Thai spicy chicken noodle soup?This easy Thai Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is made with creamy coconut milk, rice noodles, chicken, Thai red curry paste, broth, and veggies. It makes a hearty, gluten free meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Learn how to make homemade Thai noodle soup with this quick and simple recipe.