SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP
- Peel and pit avocado. Blend all ingredients in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute.
SPICY CUCUMBER SOUP
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onions and garlic, and cook until the onion is very soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cucumber, vegetable broth, and milk. Season with soy sauce, parsley, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, curry powder, and sesame oil. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes more. Transfer the hot soup to a blender, and carefully puree until the soup is creamy yet slightly grainy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.3 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 583.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
SPICY LIME AVOCADO SOUP
My husband tried to tell me not to submit this recipe... he doesn't want the whole world to know about it, but I say share what you have! Serve with warm tortilla chips and a nice large mojito. Top with sour cream or creme fraiche if desired.
Provided by SerenaBloom
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add chicken; boil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Run cool water over chicken to speed cooling process. Shred or finely slice chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 onion, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and garlic until onion is slightly greenish in color, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 4 cups water and bouillon powder in a small bowl. Pour into the pot. Let cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken into the pot.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top with remaining 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, avocado, and queso fresco.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 34.3 mg, Fat 37.4 g, Fiber 15.7 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 538.9 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP WITH AVOCADO TOAST
A chilled cucumber soup, whirled together in the blender to serve as an instant dinner, is one of the quiet rewards of midsummer. The trick to making it hearty enough is to not stint on the seasonings, especially when something as mild as cucumber is the main ingredient. Garlic, plenty of herbs, jalapeño and anchovy add plenty of flavor, while buttermilk contributes a creamy, light texture. You could serve this with nothing more than some crusty or toasted bread on the side and be satisfied, but a topping of soft avocado dressed with a little lemon juice and feta cheese fills out the meal nicely. And the muted green colors of avocado toast and cucumber soup look as cooling as they taste.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, quick, soups and stews
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine cucumber, buttermilk, garlic, anchovy, scallions, jalapeño, fresh herbs, sherry vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Smash avocado slices on the toasted bread. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, squeeze the juice of the lemon half over the top and finish each with a drizzle of olive oil and some pepper. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Distribute soup between 4 bowls and garnish with raw corn kernels and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve avocado toast on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 235, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 729 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
COLD CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP
- In a food processor or blender combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse until the mixture is thoroughly chopped.
- Add broth, sour cream and lemon juice and continue to process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with garnish.
CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP
Very fresh tasting summer soup that is very healthy, too. Perfect use of home grown cucumbers. Very time consuming, but a nice treat. Cook time is chill/marinating time.
Provided by little_wing
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut 5 cucumbers in to 3" chunks.
- Place half in a food processor or blender with 2 tablespoons of honey and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a cheesecloth lined strainer into a bowl.
- Puree remaining chunks of cucumber, (without honey), and strain through cheesecloth into same bowl.
- Peel, seed and thinly slice remaining cucumbers and place slices in a separate bowl.
- Add vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill both bowls of cucumber for at least 8 hours.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer and the back of a spoon, squeeze the juice from pureed cucumber mixture. Discard the solids.
- Place half the marinated cucumber slices, avocado and 1 and 3/4 cups cucumber juice in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining cucumber slices and 1 and 3/4 cups of juice. Reserver any remaining juice for another use, if desired.
- Stir in chopped dill, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with cracked black pepper and dill sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.6, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 110.9, Carbohydrate 34.6, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 21, Protein 4.3
SPICY AVOCADO SOUP
This spicy avocado soup blends the spiciness of Habañero pepper, Wasabi, and Horseradish, with the rich, creamy texture of Avocado. The resulting color and texture is a rich green soup with a bold, spicy flavor.
Provided by Matt Handley
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- First, prepare the Pinto beans according to the directions on the packaging. This may require an overnight soak. When cooking the beans, only cook them about halfway. You can prepare the stock as they cook.
- Next, prepare the stock: Fill a large pot with 6 cups of water, and bring to a low boil. Coarsely chop Onion, and add to pot. Cut up 1 avocado into large pieces and add to pot. Cut the top off of the Habañero pepper, and add to pot. Break flounder fillet into small pieces, and add to pot. Whisk 1 tablespoons of Wasabi mustard into the pot. Add 1 tablespoons of Horseradish to pot. Finally, add the partially cooked pinto beans to the pot. Now, let the whole mixture simmer for about 1 hour.
- While the stock simmers, you can prepare the base: Cut up the 2 remaining avocados and place in a blender. Add another 1 tablespoons of Wasabi mustard to the blender, along with 1/4 cup of water. Scoop out the other avocado and the Habañero pepper from the stock pot, and add to the blender. Blend these ingredients until they are fully puréed. You may need to add another 1/4 cup of water.
- Now, strain the stock through a colander to remove the onion, fish pieces, and beans, but KEEP the strained liquid. That is your stock. You can discard the onions, fish, and beans, or use them in another dish. I added them to some whole grain rice for a healthy, fiber-rich side dish.
- Pour the strained stock back into the large pot. Put it on medium-low heat, and gradually whisk in the avocado purée, until fully blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip: If the soup is too thin, let it simmer for a while and it will reduce and get thicker. If the soup is too thick, you can add a bit of water.
More about "spicy cucumber avocado soup recipes"
SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE - DELISH.COM
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 10Total Time 40 mins
- Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth.
SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL
4/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsServings 10
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar, lime zest and chile. Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD BLOG
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory SoupCalories 160 per serving
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, place in all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes. Blend or purée until creamy and smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cucumber, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of avocado oil when ready to serve.
AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP - CHILLED AND SPICY! - THE …
KETO SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE - COOK.ME …
SPICY AVOCADO CUCUMBER SOUP | 5 MINUTE RECIPE
CREAMY CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP FOR A REFRESHING …
SKINNY CHILLED AVOCADO CUCUMBER SOUP | SIMPLE …
CHILLED AVOCADO & CUCUMBER SOUP - THE SIMPLE …
15-MINUTE CUCUMBER-AVOCADO BLENDER SOUP RECIPE
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE AND NUTRITION
CREAMY, DREAMY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP - EA …
CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP - A COZY KITCHEN
SPICY CUCMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP — NICOLA MAKES
SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP | RECIPE | CUCUMBER AVOCADO, …
SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
COOL CUCUMBER CELERY AND AVOCADO SOUP - CRAVING SOMETHING …
SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
AUGUST 8, 2018 SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP – SUE'S SEASONAL …
CREAMY CHILLED CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER …
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SPICY COLD CUCUMBER SOUP | VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE | KIIPFIT.COM
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP | RECIPE | AVOCADO SOUP RECIPES, …
GET BREAKFAST OF CHILLED SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP | RECIPES …
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHILLED AVOCADO AND CUCUMBER SOUP | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
SPICY AVOCADO CUCUMBER SOUP WITH ROASTED CORN
20+ EASY CUCUMBER SIDE DISH RECIPES | EATINGWELL
THIS CHILLED CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP IS THE EASIEST SUMMER
CHILLED AVOCADO AND CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE – 134 CALORIES
SPICY CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP - CUISINART.COM
SPICY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE OF GORDON RAMSAY CHILLED SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP
CHILLED CUCUMBER AVOCADO RAITA SOUP RECIPE — SALT & WIND TRAVEL
RECIPES FOR CHILLED SPICY CUCUMBER AVOCADO SOUP
CHILLED CUCUMBER, AVOCADO AND BUTTERMILK SOUP RECIPE - LOS …
SPICY CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SOUP - RANS.CA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cucumber and Avocado soup?How to Make It. Step 1. In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar, lime zest and chile. Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
What is in spicy cucumber-avocado soup?A creamy blend of ripe avocados, cucumbers, yogurt, lime juice—and a bit of jalapeño—make this soup bright, spicy, and satisfying. Have we mentioned it only takes ten minutes? Peel and pit avocado. Blend all ingredients in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute. How would you rate Spicy Cucumber-Avocado Soup?
How to make avocado curry soup?Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar, lime zest and chile. Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
What can you make with avocado and cucumbers?Save this story for later. A creamy blend of ripe avocados, cucumbers, yogurt, lime juice—and a bit of jalapeño—make this soup bright, spicy, and satisfying. Have we mentioned it only takes ten minutes?