- Preheat the oven to 425˚. Brush a 24-cup mini-muffin pan (preferably nonstick) with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle the sugar on the bottom of each cup. Unfold the puff pastry on a work surface and cut into 24 equal squares with a sharp knife.
- Toss the squash with the olive oil, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl. Place 1 piece in each muffin cup (it's OK if some of the squash pieces extend above the top of the cups). Press about 1/2 teaspoon cheese on top of each squash cube. Cover each with a piece of puff pastry, tucking the edges into the muffin cups.
- Bake until the pastry is golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from the pan. Serve squash-side up.
YELLOW SQUASH MUFFINS
These muffins are so moist and golden, they're sure to become an instant family favorite. They have a delicate squash flavor.-Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; stir in the butter and egg. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the squash mixture just until moistened., Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 265mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
YELLOW SQUASH PUFFS
I have made this recipe a thousand times and we just love it. It came up for adoption and I jumped on it. Goes great with just about any main dish.
Provided by riffraff
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the cooked squash and egg, stirring well.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, stir well.
- Add squash mixture and onion; stir until blended.
- Drop squash mixture by level tablespoonful into hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.4, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 406.6, Carbohydrate 19.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2.1, Protein 4.2
SUMMER SQUASH PUFFS
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy skillet or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Place the squash in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and mash.
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups squash*, onion, and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, corn muffin mix, baking powder, and salt. Thoroughly blend the squash mixture into the flour mixture.
- Drop the squash and flour mixture by rounded tablespoons into the hot oil, and fry until evenly brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Cholesterol 15.6 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 169.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
Getting our son and daughter to eat squash was out of the question until a friend suggested I try this recipe. These puffs are similar to hush puppies, which my kids love. Now they love these!-Constance Ellenburg, Southhave, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine the squash, egg and onion. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt; add to squash mixture and mix well. , In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 365°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts :
Frozen winter squash is transformed with dressing, an egg and a hint of sugar and spice in this Healthy Living casserole.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, about 1/2 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs until well blended.
- Spoon into greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 min. or until squash mixture is heated through and top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, onion, and garlic. Blend in baking mix, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until evenly brown and fluffy. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.9 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 405.7 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
SAVORY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PIE
This is a substantial main-course vegetable pie. Use butternut or any other hard squash variety. The pie may be baked up to several hours in advance and reheated to serve. This allows flavors to meld and makes cutting the pie easier.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories pies and tarts, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat if onions are browning too quickly.
- Transfer onions to a large bowl. Add squash cubes, kale, sage, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes, and toss well to coat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the puff pastry rounds to 12 inches in diameter (or roll and trim pastry rectangles to achieve two 12-inch rounds). Line a 10-inch pie pan or other shallow round baking dish with one 12-inch round of pastry. Add squash filling, piling it high. Sprinkle with provolone and pecorino. Lay the remaining pastry round over filling and crimp edges to seal. Paint the top of pie with beaten egg.
- Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet to catch drips. Transfer to oven, and bake for about 1 hour, until pastry is nicely browned and squash is soft when probed with a paring knife. (Start checking at the half-hour mark and the 45-minute mark to make sure the pastry isn't browning too quickly. Tent with foil, if so.) Allow to rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into large wedges and serving.
More about "squash puffs recipes"
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUFF RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins
10 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE COZIEST WINTER SQUASH TART RECIPE - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 43 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 137 per serving
- Toss the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt then lay flat on a rimmed, parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the squash for 10 minutes, or until it’s slightly charred. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, on a piece of parchment, roll out puff pastry to a 10×12 inch rectangle. Place parchment and pastry on a baking sheet. With a knife, run a 1/2 inch border around the edge then prick it all over with a fork.
SQUASH PUFF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place squash halves, cut side down, in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Add water to depth of 1 inch.
- Beat pulp, egg yolks, whipping cream, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Set mixture aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into squash mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart souffle dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
MINI BUTTERNUT SQUASH TARTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 213 per serving
- Start the caramelized onions. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon olive oil and butter, and heat until the butter foams and subsides. Add the onions and a pinch of salt, stir to coat the onions in the fat, and saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are a deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir continuously until the vinegar stops bubbling. Add 1 tbsp fresh sage, stir, and cook 1 minute longer. Turn off the burner and remove the onions from heat.
- While the onions are caramelizing, prepare and roast the butternut squash. Trim the ends from the squash, then peel and seed. Dice the squash into ½” cubes. Keep the size small so that multiple pieces can fit into the tarts. Toss the butternut squash with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the squash over the baking sheet and roast in the oven until golden brown and tender, 15-17 minutes.
- Line two fresh baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tsp water and set aside.
MAPLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUFFS ...
Reviews 9Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 12Total Time 45 mins
- Use precut sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Combine sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pecans, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir to combine all ingredients. Pour on a lined baking sheet.
DEEP FRIED SQUASH PUFFS RECIPE - ALLOTMENT GARDEN RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SQUASH PUFF - KITCHEN PARADE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
BUTTERCUP SQUASH PUFFS DUCHESS POTATOES STYLE WITH BLUE …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SUMMER SQUASH PUFFS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, FOOD DISHES
4.6/5 (165)Total Time 40 minsServings 24
SQUASH PUFF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
YELLOW SQUASH PUFFS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SQUASH PUFFS RECIPE
TRY RECIPES FOR APPETIZERS INCLUDING ACORN SQUASH DIP ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & MUSHROOM TART - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
NATIONAL RECIPES: FRIED SQUASH PUFFS ...
VEGETABLE POT PIE WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH | FEASTING AT HOME
YELLOW SQUASH PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
YELLOW SQUASH PUFFS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook squash and squash squash muffins?Directions Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add squash. Bring to a boil. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How to cook squash for squash bread?Place the squash in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and mash. In a bowl, mix 2 cups squash*, onion, and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, corn muffin mix, baking powder, and salt. Thoroughly blend the squash mixture into the flour mixture.
What is the best way to make fried squash?In a separate bowl, mix the flour, corn muffin mix, baking powder, and salt. Thoroughly blend the squash mixture into the flour mixture. Drop the squash and flour mixture by rounded tablespoons into the hot oil, and fry until evenly brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
What is the best way to cook raw squash?Heat the oil in a deep, heavy skillet or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place the squash in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. In a bowl, mix 2 cups squash*, onion, and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, corn muffin mix, baking powder, and salt.