GREEN AND WHITE PIZZA
Topping a freshly cooked pizza with a freshly dressed salad of baby greens is a marvelous weeknight meal even if you order the pizza from down the street. But making your own, as The Times learned from the pizza mavens at Roberta's in Brooklyn, from whom we acquired this recipe, delivers even greater pleasures. Any young greens may be substituted for the arugula.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place a pizza stone or tiles on the middle rack of your oven and turn heat to its highest setting. Let it heat for at least an hour.
- Break the mozzarella into small pieces and place them gently on the stretched dough. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and a pinch of salt and scatter the Parmesan over the top.
- Using a pizza peel, pick up the pie and slide it onto the heated stone or tiles in the oven. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, approximately 4 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the arugula in a large bowl and dress it lightly with a splash of the olive oil, the lemon juice and a further pinch of salt, or to taste.
- When the pizza is done, put the dressed greens on top of the pie and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 480, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1042 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
INDIAN SPICED GREENS
This recipe suits any greens you have to hand - from shredded kale to Brussels sprouts. For the less adventurous, less chilli can be used
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Buffet, Dinner, Side dish, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan or wok, sizzle the cumin and mustard seeds for 1 min, then add the chilli, ginger and turmeric. Fry until aromatic, then add the greens, a pinch of salt, a splash of water and the peas.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 mins until the greens have wilted. Add the lemon juice, ground coriander, half the fresh coriander and half the desiccated coconut, then toss everything together. Pile into a serving dish and scatter with the rest of the coconut and coriander.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.03 milligram of sodium
GREAT WHITE PIZZA
My kids eat this on a regular basis BUT they think that Ranch dressing and cheese are condiments like ketchup is! We make these also as snack size using an english muffin. This is the actual recipe from California cheese with the added variations. Serving size is for 4 normal meal size portions or 1 teenage son!
Provided by LAURIE
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread Ranch dressing on partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Monterey Jack evenly over dressing.
- Sprinkle herbs evenly over cheese.
- Variation #1:.
- Western White; Ricotta is a fresh Italian-style cheese that gives this pizza a slightly sweet and creamy texture.
- Mix 1 cup Ricotta with oregano, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the seasoned Ricotta over Ranch dressing.
- Add ½ cup diced onion and sprinkle Mozzarella and Monterey Jack over all.
- Variation #2:.
- Western Green and White; for a more adventurous version of the classic White Pizza, sprinkle 1 cup chopped fresh spinach and 1 cup cooked chicken (shredded or cubed) over Ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella, Monterey Jack and herbs over all.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is crisp and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.2, Fat 37.8, SaturatedFat 16, Cholesterol 79, Sodium 777.7, Carbohydrate 2.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.8, Protein 20.1
INDIAN-STYLE VEGETARIAN WHITE PIZZA
Make sure everyone gets the desired amount of heat-or lack thereof-with this tasty Indian-Style Vegetarian White Pizza that's half hot, and half not.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Meal Recipes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread pasta sauce on pizza crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine dry seasonings. Sprinkle half the pizza with seasoning mixture and peppers.
- Bake directly on middle oven rack 12 to 15 min. or until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 19 g, Protein 14 g
RED, WHITE, AND GREEN PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Spread the pizza dough in the prepared pan, and rub dough lightly with the olive oil.
- Stir together the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded Italian cheese; top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580.9 calories, Carbohydrate 62.6 g, Cholesterol 54.7 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 1634.4 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
GOAT CHEESE PIZZAS WITH INDIAN-SPICED TOMATOES AND MUSTARD GREENS
- For topping:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and next 5 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Add greens; stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- For flatbreads:
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups water and cilantro. Knead in bowl until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover with kitchen towel; let rest 30 minutes. Divide dough into 4 pieces; roll each into ball. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rest on work surface 30 minutes. Roll out each dough ball on lightly floured surface to 9-inch round.
- Heat large dry nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 flatbread round to skillet; cook until bottom of bread is golden brown in spots and bread puffs slightly, about 4 minutes. Turn bread over; cook until bottom is brown in spots, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place breads on baking sheet. Spread 1/4 of topping over each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Available at specialty foods stores, Italian markets, and some supermarkets.
BIANCOVERDE (GREENS ON WHITE) PIZZA
This peppery, arugula-topped three-cheese pizza is served at Pizza Bianco in Scottsdale, Arizona. Their recipe calls for 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto on the top at the very end, but this vegetarian version is so very good - you won't miss the meat. The garlic paste is the most important ingredient; you can buy it pre-made but your house will smell great if you make your own (See Recipe#73710).
Provided by FLKeysJen
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pizza crust with the garlic paste, then top with the mozzarella and Asiago, and spoon dollops of the ricotta over all.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle the arugula lightly with olive oil and toss, then place immediately on top of pizza. Return to the oven for one minute only, just for the heat to wilt the arugula. Drizzle the truffle oil over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.6, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 54.9, Sodium 345.3, Carbohydrate 16.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.2, Protein 20.1
More about "white pizza with indian spiced greens recipes"
COPYCAT RECIPE CPK WHITE SPINACH PIZZA - FARM FRESH …
INDIAN PIZZA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Bal ArnesonSteps 5Difficulty Intermediate
WHITE PIZZA WITH INDIAN SPICED GREENS - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine IndianCategory Lunch, Snacks
BRISKET WITH SPICED GREENS - COOKEATSHARE
GOAT CHEESE PIZZAS WITH INDIAN SPICED TOMATOES AND MUSTARD …
INDIAN SPICED GREENS - INDIAN RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
GOAT CHEESE PIZZAS WITH INDIAN-SPICED TOMATOES AND MUSTARD …
INDIAN SPICED GREENS RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GREEN & WHITE SUMMER PIZZA - TEASPOON OF SPICE
PIZZA WITH INDIAN-SPICED TOMATOES, MUSTARD GREENS AND GOAT …
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
GREEN AND LEAN: WHITE PIZZA WITH GREENS
WHITE PIZZA (PIZZA BIANCA) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
GREENS ON WHITE GRILLED PIZZA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
WHITE SKILLET PIZZA WITH SPRING GREENS AND AN EGG RECIPE - BON …
WHITE PIZZA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WHITE PIZZA WITH INDIAN SPICED GREENS RECIPE
INDIAN SPICED CHICKPEAS AND GREENS - THE CURIOUS CHICKPEA
HOW TO MAKE WHITE PIZZA WITH ARUGULA AND SAUSAGE - FARM FRESH …
WHITE PIZZA WITH SALAD RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BEST WHITE PIZZA RECIPE - OUR FAVORITE WHITE PIZZA RECIPE
BEST GREAT WHITE PIZZA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HOW TO MAKE WHITE PIZZA WITH PESTO AND SHAVED VEGETABLES
INDIAN GRILLED NAAN PIZZAS WITH SPICED PANEER RECIPE - MEATWAVE
WHITE PIZZA WITH INDIAN SPICED GREENS – RECIPES NETWORK
INDIAN SPICED PITA PIZZA - INDIAN RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
WHITE PIZZA WITH MUSHROOMS AND GARLICKY GREENS RECIPE ... - THE …
GREENS INDIAN RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
WHITE PIZZA-STYLE MUSTARD GREENS - THE WASHINGTON POST
GREEN AND WHITE PIZZA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
INDIAN FRIED CHICKEN MARINATED IN GREEN SPICES RECIPE
WHITE PIZZA RECIPE WITH ARUGULA AND PROSCIUTTO - MOTHER EARTH …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is your favorite white pizza recipe?Our favorite white pizza recipe has four different kinds of cheese and comes on a garlic bread crust! Topped with crushed pepper and lemon - tons of flavor! In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey and olive oil. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
What makes a red white white and Green Pizza?Red, White, and Green Pizza Recipe | Allrecipes Spinach, white cheeses, and tomatoes stack up on pizza dough to make a pizza in the spirit of the Italian flag. Spinach, white cheeses, and tomatoes stack up on pizza dough to make a pizza in the spirit of the Italian flag.
What do you put on a green and red pizza?Keep the recipe as is for a rich cheese pizza, or dress it up with fun reviewer-suggested toppings like sun-dried tomatoes or Italian sausage. Perfect for emulating the Italian flag, this green, red, and white pizza with tomatoes and spinach is packed with flavor thanks to a variety of ingredients.
What is on a green pizza with tomatoes and spinach?Perfect for emulating the Italian flag, this green, red, and white pizza with tomatoes and spinach is packed with flavor thanks to a variety of ingredients. The base is ricotta cheese mixed with spinach, artichokes, and Parmesan. Then the whole pie is topped with cheese and fresh tomatoes before baking to perfection.