GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS
I was captivated by this recipe since I'm both Italian and Greek. It has a decidedly Mediterranean flair. - Michele Scharf Lindenhurst, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. , In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add the beans; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper; cool 1 minute longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 306mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
FASOLAKIA (GREEK GREEN BEANS)
Fasolakia are Greek green beans stewed with olive oil and tomato, with a few pieces of potato added for good measure. This is a main dish in Greece, not a side dish, and a prime example of plant-based eating! Good crusty bread is essential for mopping up the sauce and I always need to have a healthy chunk of feta on the side. Serve fasolakia warm or at room temperature for best flavor.
Provided by Diana Moutsopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in onion. Cook until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add green beans and stir to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pureed tomato, potatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir well, then add water until beans are barely covered.
- Bring to a simmer, partially cover with a lid, and cook gently over medium-low heat until green beans and potatoes are soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover towards the end of cooking to reduce sauce if it is too watery.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 10.3 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 316.7 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
GREEK GREEN BEANS
In an effort to eat healthier, I'm trying to serve more vegetables," relates Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "So I substituted green beans for the pasta in one of my favorite Greek dishes. It's even better than the original.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the beans, oil, garlic and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 285mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS
This recipe was adapted from a recipe posted in the Houston Chronicle. The key is to make the tomato sauce separately and serve on top of the beans. This method keeps the green beans crisp tender, and a bright green color. When the tomatoes and beans are cooked together the acidity turns the beans a dark olive color.
Provided by PanNan
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash, tip and cut up fresh beans.
- Place in pan with water to cover beans.
- Simmer uncovered until beans are just tender, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes with water, onions, parsley, garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper in a saucepan.
- Cover; bring just to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When tomato sauce is thick, drain green beans and top with sauce; serve promptly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.9, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 14.2, Carbohydrate 15.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 7.3, Protein 3.3
GREEK GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA)
All-star recipe for Greek Green Beans. Velvety, tender green beans & potatoes, braised in a tomato-olive oil sauce. Flavor-packed, satisfying, vegan, and gluten-free.
Provided by The Mediterranean Dish
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large Dutch Oven, heat 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally (about 5 mins). Then add the garlic, cumin, and oregano. Cook another 2 mins, stirring regularly, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, water, bay leaf, beans, and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a high simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and transfer to the heated oven. Cook until the sauce slightly thickens, and the beans and potatoes can easily be cut with side of your fork; about 35 minutes or so. (It's a good idea to check once partway through cooking, add a little bit of water if needed.)
- Remove from oven and stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley. Stir in a generous drizzle of olive oil (at least another 1/4 cup).
- Serve immediately with Greek pita bread or your favorite rustic bread to sop up the sauce!
GREEK GREEN BEANS
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions and garlic in the skillet until tender.
- Mix the green beans, tomatoes, sugar, and salt into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 45 minutes, or until beans are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 11.8 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Boil beans until just barely tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool, then transfer to bowl.
- When ready to eat, toss beans with tomatoes, if using, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
GREEN BEANS GREEK STYLE
- Rinse the beans in cool water and cut of the tips and any stringy fibres.
- Using a saucepan,sauté the onions in the olive olive until softened.Add the garlic and saute for a few further minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for around 50 minutes, or until the beans are tender. You may need to add more water if needed throughout this time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.1, Fat 41.3, SaturatedFat 5.8, Sodium 177.5, Carbohydrate 23.1, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 10.6, Protein 5.4
More about "greek style green beans recipes"
TRADITIONAL GREEK GREEN BEANS RECIPE (FASOLAKIA GIAHNI)
4.8/5 (595)Total Time 50 minsCategory MainCalories 342 per serving
- To prepare this traditional Greek green beans recipe, start by washing thoroughly the green beans. Drain them in a colander and set aside.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until transculent and tender. Stir in the garlic, the grated tomatoes, the rest of the olive oil and a pinch of sugar and bring to the boil. The traditional recipe for Greek green beans calls for fresh ripe tomatoes, but if you like you can substitute with canned chopped tomatoes, or Passata tomato juice.
- Add the green beans and blend well, so that the green beans are coated with the olive oil and the tomatoes. Turn the heat down, cover with the lid and simmer for 40- 45 minutes, until the beans are soft and most the juices have evaporated. During cooking, check out if the pan appears to be getting dry and add a little bit hot water if needed.
OPA! GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS | OPA! FOODS
FASOLAKIA – GREEK GREEN BEANS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH …
GREEK GREEN BEANS ( FASOLAKIA LATHERA) - EATING EUROPEAN
GREEK GREEN BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE (FASOLAKIA LADERA)
RECIPE FOR FASOLAKIA LATHERA - GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS …
AUTHENTIC GREEK GREEN BEANS-FASOLAKIA LATHERA - OLIVE …
RECIPE: GREEK-STYLE BRAISED GREEN BEANS | KITCHN
GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS | THE SPLENDID TABLE
GREEK GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS STIR FRY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S …
GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS - FASOLAKIA RECIPE - MY GREEK …
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA) STOVETOP & INSTANT …
GREEK-STYLE BEANS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GREEK STEWED GREEN BEANS - THE LEMON BOWL®
GREEK GREEN BEANS WITH TOMATOES AND ONIONS — …
GREEK STYLE STEWED GREEN BEANS - THE VEGAN SOPRANO
GREEK GREEN BEANS - FASOLAKIA IN A FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
GREEK GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA LADERA) - VICKI'S GREEK RECIPES
TRADITIONAL GREEK GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA GIAXNI)
GREEK STYLE ROASTED WHITE BEANS WITH SUMMER VEGETABLES
GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: FASOLAKIA – TRADITIONAL GREEK GREEN BEANS IN OIL
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA) - THE DEFINED DISH
GREEK GREEN BEANS - FASOLAKIA - CAROLINE'S COOKING
GREEK GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA YIAHNI) | OLIVE & MANGO
GREEK GREEN BEANS (FASOLAKIA) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEAN SALAD | OLIVE & MANGO
GREEK-STYLE GREEN BEANS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
FASOLAKIA YIAHNI (GREEN BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE) - GREEK CHEF …
FASOLAKIA (GREEK-STYLE BRAISED GREEN BEANS) | THE MODERN PROPER
FASOLAKIA - GREEK GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES | RECIPE POCKET
FASOLAKIA (GREEK GREEN BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE)
FASOLAKIA (GREEK GREEN BEANS) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GREEK GREEN BEANS WITH TOMATOES (FASOLAKIA)
RECIPE FOR GREEK STYLE WHITE BEANS WITH GREENS
GREEK STYLE GREEN BEANS - FASOLAKIA | AMOTHERWORLD
GREEK GREEN BEANS / FASOLAKIA - THE GREEK VEGAN
GREEK BRAISED GREEN BEANS - 30 DAYS OF GREEK FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #vegetables #greek #european #holiday-event #low-fat #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #christmas #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #green-yellow-beans #equipment
You'll also love