ASPARAGUS WITH MINT BUTTER
- Make the butter: Melt butter with mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until just bubbling around edges.
- Make the asparagus: Cook asparagus in a pot of salted boiling water until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons mint butter over asparagus, and toss gently to coat. Garnish with mint leaves.
ASPARAGUS WITH SPICED BUTTER & BROWN SHRIMP
Try this easy asparagus dish with potted shrimp-inspired topping in pools of mace-spiked butter. It makes a memorable starter for a dinner party or smart lunch
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Yield Serves 4 as a starter or 2 for lunch
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put a large platter in the oven to warm up. Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, then stir in the sea salt, spices and peppercorns. Remove from the heat.
- To cook the asparagus, bring a little salted water (about 5cm deep) to the boil in a saucepan, making sure the saucepan is wide enough to fit the asparagus laying flat without crowding it. Add the asparagus and poach for 2-3 mins, or until a knife inserted into the thickest part of a spear can be pulled out with no resistance.
- Meanwhile, return the spiced butter pan to the heat, then add the shrimp, wild garlic or herbs and lemon juice, basting the shrimps well. Taste and season, if necessary. Drain the asparagus and pile onto the warm platter, then pour over the shrimps and spiced butter. Garnish with the flowers, if using, then serve with chunks of crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER
- Bring 2 inches salted water to a boil in a wide (10-inch) saucepan or skillet.
- Place asparagus in saucepan; cook until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Return asparagus to pan; toss with butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 g, Fat 3 g, Protein 4 g
SPICY ASPARAGUS SPEARS
This no-fuss dish gets its zippy taste from Cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Even those who don't like asparagus will enjoy these buttery spears.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the onion powder, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add asparagus spears, stir gently to coat. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 210mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 64 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
For the first-of-the-season asparagus, keep it simple with butter, lemon and sweet herbs. For the best texture, peeling the stalks really makes a difference.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories easy, quick, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Snap off and discard the tough bottoms of the asparagus spears. If using large, thick asparagus, peel the lower ends with a vegetable peeler.
- Put butter in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the asparagus is firm-tender, about 3 minutes. Take care not to overcook them; they should still be bright green. (They will continue to cook a bit once the heat is off.) Remove the asparagus from the pan and place on a serving platter.
- Turn heat to high and simmer briskly until most of the liquid has evaporated, a minute or so. Add lemon juice and zest to the buttery juices. Turn off heat and stir in chives, parsley, tarragon and dill, if using. Check seasoning. Spoon the sauce over the asparagus, garnish with a few herb leaves, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 190, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 467 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 1 gram
ASPARAGUS WITH NUTMEG BUTTER
Adapted from an old cookbook which suggested it as a good accompaniment to a dinner omelet. I just love asparagus, in fact I never met one I didn't like, except of course for the dreaded overcooked asparagus.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 16 spears, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a skillet, bring enough water to cover asparagus to a boil over medium high heat. Add salt to taste and asparagus and cook 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the size of the asparagus. Be careful not to overcook and bear in mind that they will continue to cook even after they are drained.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small saucepan to melt. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg. Swirl to blend; pour over asparagus and serve.
ASPARAGUS WITH SPICY NUTMEG BUTTER
Nutmeg butter on asparagus spears- you'll never want to boil your asparagus again! And its low-carb too. What could be better? From McCormick Recipes.
Provided by alijen
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat your broiler.
- Mix nutmeg, garlic salt, and pepper into melted butter.
- Wash and break asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle with oil and roll around to coat evenly.
- Broil asparagus 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once.
- Place in a serving dish and pour seasoned butter over asparagus.
- (Garnish with nuts, if desired.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.1, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 12.2, Sodium 45.4, Carbohydrate 3.8, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.2, Protein 2.2
BUTTER-POACHED ASPARAGUS WITH THYME
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 bunch trimmed asparagus and 1/4 cup water. Cook, turning the asparagus, until crisp-tender and glazed, 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme.
ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN BUTTER
- Remove hard, woody stems of asparagus at natural break point. Scrape skin off 15 stems and place them, garlic, salt and pepper in saucepan and cover with water. Cook until stems are tender, about 10 minutes.
- When stems are cooked, drain well, squeezing out as much moisture as possible. Put stems in blender or food processor with butter and lemon juice. Blend well and taste for seasoning. Mash butter through fine sieve and chill.
- Poach or steam asparagus tips until just tender. Serve hot with green butter.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 226, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 309 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 1 gram
SPICY ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC
This is a simple side dish that's quick, easy, and healthy. It's pleasantly garlicky and a little bit spicy. The spiciness may be adapted to your taste with red pepper flakes. For variation, feel fee to add other ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, pine nuts, mushrooms, etc.
Provided by lutzflcat
Categories Asparagus Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and blanch until the asparagus turns a vibrant green, about 1 minute. Transfer asparagus to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Remove asparagus from the ice bath, drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, just until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with pepper flakes, add asparagus, and quickly toss in the seasoned oil. Heat until asparagus is just crisp-tender, not overly soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in olives and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 540.8 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN BUTTER
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well. Arrange asparagus on broilerproof platter.Preheat broiler. Beat butter in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drop butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over asparagus.
- Broil asparagus until topping browns, watching closely to avoid burning, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON AND BUTTER
- Peel lower half to two thirds of each asparagus stalk with a vegetable peeler. Cook asparagus in a wide 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain well in a colander, then return to pot and toss with butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
More about "asparagus with spicy nutmeg butter recipes"
PERFECT ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH BUTTER & PARMESAN - RECIPE
10 BEST WRAPPED ASPARAGUS APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW BUTTER BRAISED ASPARAGUS • STEAMY KITCHEN …
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (BEST RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER!)
SPICY ASPARAGUS - THE WASHINGTON POST
ASPARAGUS WITH SPICY NUTMEG BUTTER | RECIPE …
10 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BUTTER-GLAZED ASPARAGUS - SWANSON
ASPARAGUS WITH SPICY NUTMEG BUTTER | MCCORMICK GOURMET
Cuisine AmericanCategory Salad And DressingsServings 5
ASPARAGUS WITH PARSLEY BUTTER - WAITROSE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BROWN BUTTER RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
ASPARAGUS WITH NUTMEG BUTTER (ASPERGES AU BEURRE DE MUSCADE) …
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CHIPOTLE-LIME BUTTER - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ASPARAGUS WITH PINE-NUT BUTTER RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
BROWN BUTTER ASPARAGUS WITH ALMONDS - THE RECIPE CRITIC
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, BUTTER, AND PARMESAN (VIDEO)
60 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH ASPARAGUS
GRILLED SPICY GARLIC ASPARAGUS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER | RICARDO
26 QUICK AND EASY ASPARAGUS RECIPES PERFECT FOR SPRING
QUICK AND EASY STOVETOP ASPARAGUS - COOKTORIA
ASPARAGUS WITH NUTMEG BROWNED BUTTER - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BROWNED BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO SAUTE ASPARAGUS
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BROWNED BUTTER AND ALMONDS
ASPARAGUS WITH ANCHOVY BUTTER AND PARMESAN RECIPE
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS - SALT & LAVENDER
BROWN BUTTER ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY EGGS - RULED ME
BROWNED BUTTER ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #appetizers #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #asparagus
You'll also love