BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE CIDER SOUP
I asked 2 chefs and researched other recipes to come up with the 'perfect' soup. I love the sweet taste of squash and veggies combined with fall cider. Hope you enjoy it too!
Provided by Mindy
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add butternut squash, potatoes, apple, carrot, and celery to onion; pour in chicken broth and enough apple cider to cover vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil and cover pot. Reduce heat and simmer, adding more apple cider as needed, until vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Blend vegetable mixture with an immersion blender until smooth; stir in cream, cinnamon, and cloves. Simmer until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon soup into serving bowls; top each with about 1 tablespoon sour cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.8 calories, Carbohydrate 64.4 g, Cholesterol 24.8 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 557.5 mg, Sugar 35.4 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
- Melt butter in heavy, large saucepan over medium high heat. Add squash, leeks, carrots and celery; saute until slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in apples, thyme and sage.
- Add chicken stock and 1 cup cider and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working batches, puree soup in blender.
- Return soup to pan. Boil remaining 1/2 cup cider in heavy, small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Place sour cream in small bowl and wisk in reducd cider.
- (Soup and cider cream can be made made 1 day ahad. Cover separately and refrigerate.).
- Bring soup to a simmer and serve with a dollop of cider cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 41.9, Sodium 237.4, Carbohydrate 24.6, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 7.6, Protein 5.3
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CIDER SOUP
- Heat a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add the shallot, garlic and water. Cook until the shallot and garlic are softened, being careful not to let them burn, about 2 minutes. Add the squash and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender jar. Holding the top down with a towel, blend until smooth. Add the cider, light sour cream and salt. Continue blending until well combined. Soup can be made ahead up to this point. Place in a clean saucepan over low heat until heated through. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Ladle the soup among 4 bowls. Garnish with the diced red apple and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 124, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 354 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add squash, leeks, carrot and celery; sauté until slightly softened, about 15 minutes. Mix in apples, thyme and sage. Add stock and 1 cup cider and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender. Return soup to pan. Boil remaining 1/2 cup cider in heavy small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool. Place sour cream in small bowl. Whisk in reduced cider. (Soup and cider cream can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Bring soup to simmer. Mix in whipping cream. Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with cider cream. Top with chives.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
- Melt the butter in a large pot over med-high heat; when hot, add in the squash, leeks, carrots, and celery; saute/stir until vegetables have softened slightly, 10-12 minutes.
- Add in apples, thyme, and sage; add in stock and 1 cup cider.
- Bring mixture to a simmer; decrease heat, cover, and simmer gently until vegetables and apples are tender, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the cider cream--boil the remaining 1/2 cup cider in a small saucepan until it reduces to 1/4 cup, for about 5 minutes.
- Cool, then place sour cream in a bowl and whisk in reduced cider (cider cream can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate until ready to use).
- Puree the soup in batches in a food processor, blender, or food mill and return soup to the pot (can use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot).
- Taste soup and season with salt, as needed (soup can be prepared 1 day ahead, cool, cover, and refrigerate; reheat over medium heat).
- For the garnish--halve and core the reserved apple, then cut one half into paper-thin slices (eat or save the remaining half for another use).
- To serve--ladle soup into 6 shallow bowls and drizzle with cider cream; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and a couple of apple slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.1, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 42.7, Sodium 326, Carbohydrate 35, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 11.7, Protein 8.1
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
I used to live in Australia, where this soup is served often. I had to have the recipe, and now it's one of my family's favorites. -Tiffany Pope, Draper, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 1008mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until softened and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, squash, curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper into onion mixture. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir half-and-half and honey into squash mixture.
- Pour squash mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.8 calories, Carbohydrate 43.8 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 1615 mg, Sugar 16.5 g
More about "butternut squash soup with cider cream recipes"
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - FOR THE …
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory SoupTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
COOKING WITH CHEF NATASHA: BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM RECIPE
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CIDER SOUP RECIPE
STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE WITH CIDER CREAM | OLIVEMAGAZINE
LENTIL BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE CIDER SOUP - BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - JUST SHORT OF CRAZY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - BIGOVEN.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM AND SOME OF MY FAVORITE …
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, GARLIC, AND APPLE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | CREAM SOUP1
FLAVORFUL BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - WHITE HOUSE RED DOOR
PANERA COPYCAT VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - TODAY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM - WALTER STEWART'S MARKET
RECIPES USING BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CIDER SOUP WITH HERBED FLATBREAD
RECIPES FOR BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
14 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
DAY 299: BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM ♥
RECIPE: BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CIDER SOUP - WORKMAN PUBLISHING
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM - THE CRAVEABLE …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH HEAVY CREAM RECIPES - YUMMLY
BUTTERNUT SOUP RECIPE WITH CREAM | CREAM SOUP1
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP MADE WITH APPLE CIDER RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM | RECIPE | APPLE …
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - CREME DE LA CRUMB
PIONEER WOMAN EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE WITH HERBED CIDER - MOTHER EARTH …
HARVEST CHEDDAR APPLE CIDER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PEAR SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERNUT SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND HARD CIDER SOUP - CRIMSONCIDERCOMPANY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #soups-stews
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is butternut squash soup?This autumnal soup, the chef’s third Slow Food Fast recipe, is both celebratory and soothing. Butternut squash is the star, and it cooks down with just enough stock to soften without losing flavor. A touch of brown sugar highlights the squash’s natural sweetness. Puréed with a little butter, the result is pure velvet.
How long does it take to cook butternut squash?For a weeknight-friendly meal that’s anything but boring, peel butternut squash and cook it on the stovetop with kimchi, pasta, and sharp cheddar. Total time to get this dish on the table: about 25 minutes. With tender chunks of roasted butternut squash, crisp green beans, and warm, velvety broth, this dish is vegetarian comfort food at its finest.
What to do with butternut squash?Just roast your butternut squash whole, then tear it and top it with crispy chickpeas and lemon-garlic yogurt. Spiced with sambal oelek and ancho chile powder, this butternut squash dish makes a lovely breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, just transfer to a 2-quart baking dish before cracking the eggs.
How to cook squash on the stove top?Heat a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add the shallot, garlic and water. Cook until the shallot and garlic are softened, being careful not to let them burn, about 2 minutes. Add the squash and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.