PAN-FRIED SHRIMP WITH LIME BUTTER
Panko-coated pan-fried shrimp with a delicious lime butter that is tasty enough but does not overpower the flavors of the shrimp. Serve over a mixed greens salad or with angel hair pasta with cream sauce and a fresh vegetable for a larger meal.
Provided by Miss Amy
Categories Seafood Shellfish Shrimp
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix egg and water together to make a light egg wash. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip shrimp into the egg wash and toss into breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and fry until firm and opaque, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove shrimp and keep warm.
- Rinse out the pan. Heat butter and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the pan. Add lime juice; bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 1 minute. Return cooked shrimp to the pan and stir to coat with the lime sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20.6 g, Cholesterol 234.3 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 389.2 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
LIME BUTTER SAUCE
It takes only 5 minutes to make this fantastic sauce. Once you see how versatile it is - it works perfectly with the grilled salmon and the grilled corn - you'll want to make it for a whole host of your summer favorites.
Provided by Ian Knauer
Categories Blender Dairy Garlic Vegetarian Quick & Easy Lime Summer Gourmet
Yield Makes about 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Purée garlic with lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. With motor running, add melted butter and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
SHRIMP IN SPICY LIME SAUCE
Few people I know have gone food hunting in Cambodia, so I was curious when Deb Winson, a New York-based food stylist, came back with an ecstatic report. ''Everything was so fresh and beautiful, and everything was so simple,'' she said. When I asked her to describe her favorite dish, she told me about a great preparation for shrimp cooked in lime. The ingredients were much as I expected: limes, sugar, salt, chiles and garlic, all common in Southeast Asian cooking. But the technique sounded unusual. The shrimp were not stir-fried, as you might expect, but instead were simmered in a very pungent sauce so that they took on strong flavor and still stayed juicy. This is my version.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, seafood, appetizer, main course, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar and salt. Place oil in a 10- or 12-inch skillet, and turn the heat to high. A minute later, add the garlic and chile flakes and cook the garlic until it just begins to brown. Immediately add the lime juice mixture all at once, and cook until it reduces by half, or even more, 3 to 5 minutes. There should be only about 1/4 cup of liquid in the skillet, and it should be syrupy.
- Add the shrimp, and cook over high heat. The shrimp will give off liquid of their own and begin to turn pink almost immediately. After about 2 minutes, stir contents of pan. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until all the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes total. Taste, adjust seasoning, garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 240, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 964 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP AND NOPAL CACTUS SALAD
Provided by Terry Conlan
Categories Salad Garlic Onion Tomato Appetizer Feta Shrimp Radish Summer Chill Healthy Cilantro Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 16 (1-cup) servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pare the spines from the cactus; trim the base and around the edge. Dice into 3/4 x 1/4-inch pieces. Blanch in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until cold. Serve cold with baked corn tortillas.
CACTUS FIG AND LIME SORBET
The fruit of the prickly pear cactus (often called 'cactus fig' or 'tuna,') is sweet and juicy. Coupled with lime and frozen, it makes a light, refreshing summer treat. You can find cactus fig at any Mexican grocery and at some gourmet markets.
Provided by janelle
Categories Desserts Frozen Dessert Recipes Sorbet Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove the outer skin of the cactus figs to expose the light green flesh. Push the flesh through a mesh sieve into a bowl, collecting the juice and trapping the seeds and pulp.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cactus juice and lime juice into the sugar water. Mix thoroughly; chill for 1 hour.
- Pour cactus-lime mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.3 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 5.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
SHRIMP CAKES WITH CACTUS STRIPS IN GUAJILLO SAUCE
Be sure to put guajillo chiles, ground dried shrimp and cactus strips on your grocery list to make this saucy and flavorful dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cover chiles with hot water; let stand 15 min. Drain chiles, reserving 1 cup soaking liquid; add reserved liquid and chiles to blender. Add dressing, onion and 1 Tbsp. ground shrimp; blend 3 min. or until smooth. Pour into large saucepan; bring to boil. Stir in cactus strips; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 min.
- Heat oil to 375ºF in medium skillet. Mix remaining ground shrimp and cracker crumbs in large bowl; set aside. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form; gently stir in egg yolks just until combined. Gently stir half the egg mixture into shrimp mixture. Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- Cook 4 shrimp cakes at a time in hot oil 45 sec. on each side or until golden brown on both sides, using 1/4 cup of the shrimp mixture for each cake. Drain on paper towels. Add to sauce in saucepan; cook 10 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 12 g
More about "cactus shrimp with cactus lime butter sauce recipes"
DRIED SHRIMP PATTIES IN A RED SAUCE WITH CACTUS
CAJUN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GRILLED JUMBO SHRIMP WITH LIME BUTTER SAUCE - EMMA …
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH LIME AND CILANTRO - FOR THE …
10 BEST CACTUS CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CARIBBEAN ISLAND LIME SHRIMP RECIPE - THE …
NOPALITOS CON CAMARONE (CACTUS WITH SHRIMP) - TASTY …
10 BEST MEXICAN CACTUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO AND LIME - INSPIRED TASTE
SHRIMP IN BUTTER LIME SAUCE - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
GRILLED SPICY LIME SHRIMP WITH CREAMY AVOCADO …
CHIPOTLE LIME BUTTERED SHRIMP- A ZESTY SAUTEED SHRIMP RECIPE
BUTTERY CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP PASTA - THE BLOND COOK
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SPRINGY RICE AND HONEY BUTTER SAUCE …
CACTUS SHRIMP WITH CACTUS-LIME-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE(TRIED): CACTUS-LIME-BUTTER SAUCE - TRY THIS - RECIPELINK.COM
10 BEST PRICKLY PEAR CACTUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP WITH LIME BUTTER SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BROWNED BUTTER HONEY LIME SHRIMP - CAFE DELITES
CACTUS SHRIMP WITH CACTUS-LIME-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP WITH TEQUILA BUTTER - FINE FOODS BLOG
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI (COPYCAT CACTUS CLUB) - SCHOLARLY BITE
CAJUN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH CREAMY PESTO PASTA.
SECRET LIME SAUCE FOR SHRIMP - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
ROASTED CACTUS SALAD WITH SHRIMP | MARK'S DAILY APPLE
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP – WELLPLATED.COM
CAJUN SHRIMP WITH CREAMY LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
THAI SHRIMP AND CHAYOTE WITH WILD LIME AND RED CURRY SAUCE
CAJUN SHRIMP TACOS - SUM OF YUM
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH A LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - THE ADDY BEAN
CACTUS SHRIMP WITH BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMON BUTTER SHRIMP - THE WHOLE COOK
HOMEMADE BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI & TRUFFLE SAUCE - COOKS WITH …
CAJUN BUTTER SHRIMP - LET'S EAT CUISINE
HONEY LIME SHRIMP (ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!) - COOKING CLASSY
CACTUS SHRIMP WITH CACTUS-LIME-BUTTER SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love