- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- To make the cake, beat the eggs preferably in an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and grated citrus peel and continue to beat until the beater leaves a ribbon-like trail, about 15 minutes. Fold in the flour by hand, one-third at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes then unmold and cool completely.
- To make the syrup: In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup of warm water with the sugar and the liqueur. Stir the syrup until the sugar dissolves.
- To form the cassata: Slice the cake into 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Trim the crusts from the cake then return one of the layers to the springform pan. Spoon half the syrup over the cake then spread a layer of ricotta crema on top. Repeat, carefully placing another layer of cake, drizzling with syrup then spreading with ricotta. Wrap the cake in plastic and chill it for at least 1 hour.
- To make the frosting: Sift half of the confectioners' sugar into a bowl. Add half of the lemon juice and all of the lemon extract. Stir the liquid into the sugar, breaking up any lumps. Sift the remaining sugar into the bowl and add the rest of the lemon juice. Thin the icing with a little water until it has a thin spreading consistency and forms smooth, shiny icing.
- Unwrap the cassata and invert it onto a serving plate. Ice the cassata then decorate it with whole and cut pieces of candied fruit. Chill the cassata for at least 3 hours, then slice and serve.
SICILIAN CASSATA: RICOTTA CAKE
- Place the ricotta into a fine mesh sieve and nestle this over a bowl, place into the refrigerator overnight to allow the excess moisture to drain out before proceeding with the cassata recipe.
- Place the ricotta into the bowl of a mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until the curds smooth out. Mix the drained and beaten ricotta with 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, chocolate chips and half the candied fruit. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a 10-inch springform pan with canola oil. Slice the sponge cake very thinly so that the springform may be lined with it in an even layer. Line the sides and bottom of the pan with the sponge cake. Pour the ricotta filling into the cake-lined pan. Place a final layer of cake over the ricotta filling; this now creates the bottom to the cassata. Before serving, the cassata will be inverted onto this cake bottom. Refrigerate the cassata overnight to firm the filling.
- Invert the springform pan on a wide platter. Open the hinge and remove the springform sides and bottom.
- The cassata may now be finished by either covering with a heavy coating of the remaining powdered sugar or may be coated with a thin layer of green marzipan. Either way, the remaining candied fruits should be used to decorate the finished cassata. Slice thinly and serve.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the yucca, eggs, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and coconut milk together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; pour into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Switch the oven's broiler on and bake under the broiler until the top of the cake is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.9 calories, Carbohydrate 41.6 g, Cholesterol 60.4 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 25.5 g
CORBO'S BAKERY CASSATA CAKE RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by theresaoneil
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Whisk together all of the custard ingredients in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Turn down the heat so that the mixture just simmers, and whisk until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the custard to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a round of wax paper, and cool. Then, chill custard, covered, for at least 3 hours, or up to 2 days. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans with lightly oiled parchment paper. Sift together the flour, 1 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt two time into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the yolks, water, oil, zest and vanilla until smooth. Stir into the flour mixture. In another large bowl beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and beat on high until the peaks are stiff but not dry. Using a rubber spatula, fold about a quarter of the fluffy egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Then very gently fold in the remaining whites. As soon as the egg whites are no longer visible, stop folding. Scrape the batter into the two prepared round cake pans and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in their pans on a cooling rack for at least an hour. When completely cool, run a knife around the sides to release the cakes, cover each pan with a wax paper-lined plate, and flip. Gently lift the pans off of the cakes. Slice the strawberries thinly and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir. Allow the strawberries to soak up the sugar for 1 hour, giving them a stir every so often. Strain the berries, reserving the released juices. When the cakes are thoroughly chilled slice them in half so you have four layers. Place each layer on a wax paper-lined baking sheet or plate. Whip the cream and sugar together until stiff. Place one cake layer on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1/3 of the reserved strawberry juice. Cover with a layer of strawberries, and then a layer of custard. Repeat for the following layers. Then, ice the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream. Top with fresh strawberries. Chill the cake for at least 8 hours before serving, so that the cake has time to absorb the strawberry juices. Bring to cool room temperature before serving.
- 1. To make the filling, quickly whisk together 4 tablespoons of the milk with the flour. The slurry will be somewhat thick, so whisk thoroughly to make it smooth. Press out any lumps with a flexible spatula, if necessary.
- 2. Whisk in the rest of the milk and transfer the mixture to a 2-quart heavy-bottom saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Once bubbles that burp steam form, remove the pot from the heat and continue to stir for another 30 seconds.
- 3. Cover the milk mixture with plastic wrap pressed directly against the surface. Cool for 15 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the butter, sugar, citrus oil, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for up to 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the milk mixture and continue to beat on high speed until the filling is smooth, another 5 minutes. Beat in the ricotta cheese 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 335°F and place the rack in the middle position. Line the bottoms of three 9-by-2- inch round pans with parchment.
- 7. Measure the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into one bowl, and the milk and vanilla into a separate bowl. Whisk each to combine.
- 8. In the standing mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, beat the egg whites on high speed to a stiff peak. Drizzle in 1 cup of the sugar while the mixer is running. Scoop the meringue into a large bowl and set aside.
- 9. Lightly wipe the mixer bowl and replace the wire whip with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter with the remaining 1 cup of sugar on low speed.
- 10. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl all the way to the bottom using a flexible spatula and mix on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 11. Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients about a quarter at a time without pausing between additions.
- 12. Stop the mixer and gently fold the meringue into the batter with a flexible spatula. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 27 to 30 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when lightly pressed and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13. Cool the cakes for 2 minutes, then run an offset spatula around the edges and invert the cakes onto a flat surface. They will be very fragile, so handle them with care.
- 14. Assemble the extravagant cake by adding about 1 cup each of the fresh strawberries and the ricotta filling between the layers. Cover the outside of the cake with the whipped cream. Add more fresh strawberries around the edge of the cake if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and line with parchment paper 2 nine inch round layer pans.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Separate the eggs and set the egg whites aside. Beat the egg yolks together on medium-high speed until very thick, about 4 minutes. Gradually add the cold water. Add 1- 1/4 cups of the white sugar, slowly, and beat well for about 3 more minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Sift the flour mixture over the egg yolk mixture and fold in.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until stiff peaks form. Fold this into the yolk mixture. Divide batter between the pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then invert and cool completely.
- Cut each cake layer in half. Place one of the 4 halves on a cake board or plate and sprinkle with a little of the Rum Syrup. Spread about 1-1/2 cups of the Filling over this layer. Add a second layer of cake and repeat this procedure. Top the cake with the last layer of cake. Chill at least 4 hours. Spread Chocolate Glaze over top of cake.
- To Make Ricotta Cheese Filling: Beat the ricotta cheese well and add the confectioner's sugar and cinnamon. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla and grate 2 ounces of the chocolate in using the coarse side of a grater. Stir in the candied lemon peel and mix. Chill until ready to use.
- To Make The Rum Syrup: Place 1/3 cup of the sugar and the water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil 1 minute and then remove from heat and add the rum. Cool to room temperature.
- To Make The Chocolate Glaze: Melt 6 ounces of the chocolate and the cream in the microwave, whisk smooth. Add the butter and whisk until dissolved. Cool mixture until spreadable. Spread over the top of the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 601 calories, Carbohydrate 84.1 g, Cholesterol 133.4 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 174.2 mg, Sugar 63.6 g
More about "cassata cake recipes"
CASSAVA CAKE RECIPE - PANLASANG PINOY
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Make the batter by combining the grated cassava, butter, 1/2 cup condensed milk, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 14 tablespoons sugar, and 2 eggs in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Grease the baking tray then pour-in the batter (these are the ingredients that you just mixed together).
- Pre -heat oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then put-in the baking tray with batter and bake for 1 hour.Remove from the oven and set aside.
SICILIAN CASSATA ( PASTRY )- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES ...
- First of all we begin to prepare the filling, preferably the day before serving it: first we pour the ricotta into a large bowl, add the sugar and mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate drops. The cream should be soft, uniform, without lumps of ricotta and, once prepared, let it cool for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before using it.
- To make a good sponge cake start by mounting the eggs with the sugar, in a well cleaned bowl (it should be free of grease). Let the planetary machine go for at least half an hour, until the volume of the mixture has almost quadrupled. Turn off the planetary mixer, add some flour by hand and mix briefly with a spatula. Add a pinch of salt and the lemon peel. Make a movement from the bottom upwards, so as to gently incorporate the flour into the egg mixture. Remember not to mix the flour too hardly and for a long time, otherwise the sponge cake will became hard. Bake at 180 degrees for about 20/25 minutes and you will have a soft sponge cake.
- Put the almond flour and icing sugar in a bowl. Add the water, a little at a time, the food color and mix with a spoon. Add the water slowly until a dense mass is obtained. The amount of water can change based on the oiliness of the almond flour. After a few minutes knead with your hands and the marzipan is ready, keep it in the fridge.
- Put the water, rum and sugar in a saucepan. Put everything on the fire and let the sugar melt slowly, over low heat, because the syrup must be hot but not boiling.
ITALIAN EASTER CASSATA | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
BEST STRAWBERRY CASSATA CAKE RECIPE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
- Whisk together all of the custard ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until thickened. Turn down the heat if it starts to simmer.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom of a 9" x 13" cake pan with lightly oiled parchment paper. Sift or whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the yolks, water, oil, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth. Stir into the flour mixture. In another large bowl beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold about a quarter of the fluffy egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Then very gently fold in the remaining whites. As soon as the egg whites are no longer visible, stop folding.
- In the meantime, hull and slice the strawberries thinly. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir. Allow the strawberries to macerate for 1 hour, giving them a stir every so often.
- Whip the cream and sugar together until stiff, making sure not to overwhip (or else you'll be making butter!).
- When the cake is completely cool, run a knife around the sides and lift the cake from the pan using the parchment paper. Transfer onto a cutting board.
- Use the lid of a Mason jar as a template to cut out 10 (I was able to get 11, but 10 is a nicer, round number) circles, making sure to cut slightly inside the outline so that the cake will fit inside the jar.
- Slice each cake circle in half horizontally. Place the bottom half in the bottom of a jar. Top with a spoonful of the sliced strawberries (including some juices) and then a spoonful of custard.
CASSATA CAKE RECIPE - AROMATIC ESSENCE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Bake the cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers or you can use my basic vanilla cake recipe to make an 8 or 7-inch cake. Transfer the pan to a wire rack, let it cool for 15 minutes. Then remove the cake from the pan let it cool completely on the wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chocolate chips, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix well, cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine rum and water along with remaining granulated sugar, mix well. For a non-alcoholic version, simply use some fruit juice and add sugar accordingly.
CASSATA CAKE: OUR BEST ITALIAN CASSATA CAKE | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Cakes See details »
ITALIAN RICOTTA CASSATA CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
MAKING CASSATA ALLA SICILIANA, IN SICILY - DAVID LEBOVITZ
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CASSATA CAKE DESSERT - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE CANNING ...
Ratings 12Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert See details »
HOMEMADE CASSATA SICILIANA ITALIAN CAKE RECIPE | DOLCE ...
See details »
CASSATA CAKE RECIPE (EASY & DELICIOUS) - KITCHEN INSTRUCTIONS
See details »
MY FAMILY RECIPES: SICILIAN CASSATA CAKE - MONDOMULIA
See details »
15 CASSATA CAKE RECIPE IDEAS | CASSATA CAKE RECIPE, CAKE ...
See details »
SICILIAN CASSATA CAKE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
See details »
10 CASSATA CAKE RECIPE IDEAS | CASSATA CAKE RECIPE, CAKE ...
See details »
SICILIAN RICOTTA CAKE (CASSATA) - SAVEUR
See details »
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN CASSATA CAKE RECIPE | ALITALIA ...
See details »
CASSATA ICE CREAM RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CASSATA ICE CREAM ...
See details »
CASSATA CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
See details »
BEST CASSATA CAKE CLEVELAND OHIO RECIPES
See details »
#course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #desserts #eggs-dairy #european #cakes #italian #cheese #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #small-appliance #mixer
You'll also love