CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA
Underneath the toasted meringue, you'll find a surprising lightness that comes from cheery red cranberry sorbet layered with pale green pistachio ice cream and buttery pound cake.
Provided by Lillian Chou
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make pistachio custard for ice cream:
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scape seeds into a heavy medium saucepan using tip of a paring knife, then add pod. Add milk, cream, and half of sugar and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Whisk yolks with remaining sugar in a large bowl. Slowly add hot milk mixture, whisking. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until custard is slightly thickened and registers 170°F on an instant-read thermometer (do not let boil)
- Immediately strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl, discarding vanilla bean. Whisk in pistachio paste. Chill custard at least 6 hours.
- Make cranberry base for sorbet:
- Bring cranberries, water, sugar, and zest to a boil in a medium saucepan, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have burst, about 5 minutes. Purée in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids), then force through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Chill at least 6 hours.
- Prepare cake layer:
- Line loaf pan with a large sheet of plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang on all sides. Trim off top of cake and cut 2 (1/2-inch-thick) long horizontal slices from cake, reserving remainder for another use. Place 1 layer in bottom of pan, trimming to fit, and put in freezer. Cover remaining cake layer with plastic wrap to keep moist.
- Make sorbet:
- Freeze sorbet base in ice cream maker, then transfer to loaf pan, smoothing evenly over cake layer. Freeze 1 hour.
- Make ice cream, and assemble:
- Freeze custard in cleaned ice cream maker, then fold in chopped pistachios, spread ice cream over cranberry sorbet, smoothing top, then top with remaining cake layer, pressing it flat. Wrap cake with overhang and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- Make meringue:
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, then beat until whites hold stiff peaks. Invert cake onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and discard plastic wrap. Spread meringue over top and sides of cake. Bake until meringue is tipped with brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Do Ahead
- Assembled cake (without meringue) can be frozen, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, up to 4 days. Cake can be covered with meringue (but not baked) 4 hours ahead and frozen, uncovered.
BRIE WITH CRANBERRIES AND PISTACHIO NUTS
This cheesy nut spread that has a berry-licious twist to it, is made easily in just 15 minutes - serve with bread or crackers!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 350°. Lightly brush round pan, 8x1 1/2 inches, or ovenproof plate with vegetable oil.
- Place cheese in center of pan. (Do not peel coating from cheese.) Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is soft and partially melted.
- Top cheese with cranberry sauce and nuts. Serve immediately with bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 250 mg
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
Provided by Francois Payard
Categories Cookies Berry Nut Dessert Bake Christmas Cocktail Party Vegetarian Oscars New Year's Eve Cranberry Almond Pistachio Fall Winter Tailgating Healthy Christmas Eve Party Self Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 35 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk with a fork to mix. Add eggs and butter and mix on medium until a loose dough forms, about 1 minute. Stir in cranberries, nuts, zest and anise seeds and mix until incorporated, about 15 seconds. Transfer dough to baking sheet. Spray hands with cooking spray and form dough into a long, flat log, about 14 inches long by 4 inches wide. Bake until outside of log is firm and browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Slice loaf into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on 2 baking sheets, return to oven and bake until lightly toasted, about 12 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
The red and green make a great Christmas cookie. Have used other nuts instead of pistachios with success. If your pistachios are salted, omit the 1/4 teaspoon salt from the recipe.
Provided by Gerry Meyer
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 10.3 mg, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 55.3 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round mixing bowl or deep 8-inch square container with foil. Spread ice cream in container, packing firmly. Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 inch pan.
- Prepare cake mix with egg and almond extract. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven according to package instructions, until center of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or heavy brown paper. Place cake in center. Turn molded ice cream out onto cake. Quickly and prettily spread meringue over cake and ice cream, all the way to paper to seal. Return to freezer 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake the Alaska on the lowest shelf, 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 315.1 mg, Sugar 44 g
More about "cranberry pistachio baked alaska recipes"
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BAKED BRIE | GIMME SOME OVEN
Reviews 63Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8-12Total Time 20 mins
- Add cranberries, sugar, water and about half of the orange zest to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and place the brie in the center of the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just begins to ooze out the side. Transfer baked brie to a serving tray. Then top with the cranberry sauce, and sprinkle with pistachios and remaining orange zest.
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE
PISTACHIO CHAI BAKED ALASKA - THE CRUMBY CUPCAKE
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO POUND CAKE - BAKING BITES
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | CANADIAN …
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - 20 MINS (NO CHILLING)
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA - MASTERCOOK
PISTACHIO AND CRANBERRY BITE BAKED DONUTS WITH VANILLA ICING
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - PICNIC LIFE FOODIE
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BAKED BRIE - HOMEMADE HOOPLAH
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | RECIPE | CHRISTMAS FOOD …
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | RECIPE | BAKED ALASKA, DESSERT ...
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BAKED OATMEAL - THE DOMESTIC GEEK
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA - AICOK
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - RASA MALAYSIA
10 BEST CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLICE AND BAKE CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES | BAKED BY …
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | JOLLEYANGEL | COPY ME THAT
CRANBERRY & PISTACHIO - BHAVNA'S KITCHEN & LIVING
PISTACHIO AND CRANBERRY BAKED DONUTS - REMODELAHOLIC
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO TREES | CANADIAN LIVING
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - BAKE OR BREAK
PISTACHIO-BROWNIE BAKED ALASKA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - 12 TOMATOES
BAKED ALASKA - COOKING TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS
PISTACHIO-CRANBERRY BAKLAVA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
PISTACHIO CRANBERRY BABKA - PIES AND TACOS
PISTACHIO AND CRANBERRY CAKE - GRAHAM'S FAMILY DAIRY
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BARK | RICARDO
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | RECIPE - PINTEREST.CO.UK
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA | PUNCHFORK
QUICK AND EASY CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES - OLIVE JUDE
CRANBERRY-PISTACHIO BAKED ALASKA
AICOK RECIPES – AICOK
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE - HOME BAKE BOX
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cranberries with pistachios?In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in one egg at a time, followed by baking powder, salt and orange zest. Add one cup of flour at a time, scraping between additions if necessary. Lastly, mix in chopped cranberries and pistachios.
How do you make a cranberry cake?Mix in one egg at a time, followed by baking powder, salt and orange zest. Add one cup of flour at a time, scraping between additions if necessary. Lastly, mix in chopped cranberries and pistachios. Mix until evenly dispersed and no streaks remain.
How do you make Cranberries with a stand mixer?In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in one egg at a time, followed by baking powder, salt and orange zest. Add one cup of flour at a time, scraping between additions if necessary. Lastly, mix in chopped cranberries and pistachios. Mix until evenly dispersed and no streaks remain.
How to make pistachio dough?Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease a baking sheet. Put half of the pistachios in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough onto a cutting board and gently brush with butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first sheet and gently brush with butter.