CREAMED ONIONS AND PEAS
- Fill a saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Cook pearl onions in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain, and rinse in cold water. Peel onions, and remove the ends.
- Place onions with peas in the saucepan, and fill with enough water to just cover the vegetables. Simmer until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, and place vegetables in a bowl.
- Melt margarine in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in cream, and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook until thick, stirring constantly. Stir peas and onions into the sauce to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 54.3 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 198.2 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
CREAMED PEAS AND ONIONS
- Bring milk, cloves, and bay leaf to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes to let flavors meld. Strain into a medium bowl; discard solids. Cover milk and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place onions in a large skillet (at least 12"). Add water to half-cover the onions (about 1 cup). Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and onions are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Gently transfer onions to a large plate.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat; add flour and whisk to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, for 1 minute. Whisk in reserved milk, adding 1/4-cupful at a time. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add peas and onions; stir until heated through. Gently fold in crème fraîche.
CREAMED PEAS AND ONIONS
- In a large skillet over low heat, stir together the butter and flour. Cook until flour is evenly coated.
- Over medium heat, stir in approximately 1/2 cup of milk at a time until thick.
- Add the peas and onions and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.6 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Cholesterol 25.2 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 125.2 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
DAD'S CREAMED PEAS & PEARL ONIONS
While I was growing up, it was our family tradition to make creamed peas with pearl onions for every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. My dad was not a happy camper if he didn't see this dish on the table. It was his favorite! I made it for my own family while our kids were growing up, and now my daughter makes this dish for her family. -Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, combine the first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until onions are tender and most of liquid is evaporated, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Top with bacon and cashews.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322 calories, Fat 18g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 783mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
DECADENT, PEAS WITH BABY ONIONS AND CREAM
A rich side dish, ideally prepared with fresh peas and baby onions. Creamy with a lemony tang, a wonderful side dish, nice enough to eat by themselves! From The Inspired Vegetarian
Provided by Karen Elizabeth
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Peel the onions, and halve them if necessary. (If quite large).
- Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan, and fry the onions for 5 - 6 minutes over a moderate heat, until they begin to be flecked with brown.
- Add the peas, and stirfry for a few minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, and bring to the boil.
- Partially cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until both the peas and the onions are tender.
- (Frozen peas will cook more quickly).
- There should be a thin layer of water on the base of the pan, add a little more water if necessary, or if there is too much liquid, remove the lid, and increase the heat until the liquid is reduced.
- Using a small whisk, blend the cream with the flour.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the combined cream and flour, parsley, and seasoning to taste.
- Cook over a gentle heat for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sauce is thick.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, add the lemon juice to sharpen, if liked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 51.9, Sodium 45.6, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 7.1, Protein 6.7
CREAMED PARMESAN BABY POTATOES WITH PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS
This recipe can be doubled, and I really suggest you do, this is absolutely delicious! Of coarse you can use fresh peas cooked to just firm-tender, but frozen peas and small whole onions, make this dish easier!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Do not cut the small potatoes, leave whole and place then in a pot of boiling salted water; boil for about 20 minutes or until just fork-tender, drain and cool, then cut in half (this can be done well in advance).
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the chopped garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in flour and whisk for 2 minutes (do not brown the flour).
- Gradually add in the full-fat milk (or half and half if using) bring to a simmer whisking continously for 1 minute.
- Add in the whipping cream; mix to combine, then add in the Parmesan cheese (sauce will be thick but will thin out slighty when you add in the peas and onions).
- Season with salt and lots of pepper or cayenne pepper; simmer over low heat for about 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in cooked potatoes, peas and onions; bring to a simmer and cook over low heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon until the onions are tender (about 5-6 minutes).
- Transfer to a large bowl, sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper if desired.
CREAMED NEW POTATOES, PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS
- Cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat. Add flour; whisk until mixture bubbles and thickens (do not brown), about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to simmer, whisking often (sauce will be thick). Simmer until very thick, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Mix in cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in potatoes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to simmer before continuing, stirring often.) Mix peas and onions into sauce. Cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are heated through, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
More about "decadent peas with baby onions and cream recipes"
CREAMED PEAS WITH PEARL ONIONS | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CREAMED ONIONS AND PEAS - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CREAMED ONIONS AND PEAS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
CREAMED BABY PEAS & PEARL ONIONS - RACHAEL RAY IN …
CREAMED PEAS WITH CANNED PEAS RECIPE - THESE OLD …
CREAMED PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS - A FAMILY FEAST®
BEST CREAM PEAS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CREAM PEAS
PEAS AND ONION RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREAMED PEAS AND ONIONS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAMED PEAS - THE SEASONED MOM
ITALIAN PEAS WITH ONIONS (AND BACON) - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
PEAS WITH ONIONS, GARLIC, AND BACON RECIPE - JJ VIRGIN
CREAMED PEAS (FRESH OR FROZEN) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMED PEAS WITH PEARL ONIONS - GYPSYPLATE
SWEET PEAS WITH ONIONS AND CAPERS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
THE BEST CREAMED PEAS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
CREAMED PEAS AND ONIONS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CREAMED PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
PEAS WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
DECADENT, PEAS WITH BABY ONIONS AND CREAM - BLOGGER
CREAMED PEAS RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
PEAS AND ONIONS IN CREAM - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CREAMED BABY PEAS & PEARL ONIONS | RECIPE | ONION RECIPES, …
SEASONED PEAS AND PEARL ONION RECIPE | EASY VEGETABLE SIDE DISH
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
DECADENT PEAS WITH BABY ONIONS AND CREAM RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PEAS AND ONIONS RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
CREAMED PEAS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPE
CREAMED PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS - CINCYSHOPPER
CREAMED PEAS & PEARL ONIONS - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
CREAMED PEARL ONIONS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMY GREEN PEAS WITH CRISPY FRIED ONIONS | 15-MINUTE MEAL
You'll also love