FOIL-PACKED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES
Spice up your sweet potatoes with this delectable recipe for Foil-Packed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes. These cheesy chipotle sweet potatoes with KRAFT Chipotle Aioli are perfect to serve at your next backyard cookout.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat grill for indirect grilling: Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit. Close lid; heat grill to 350°F.
- Place potatoes in large microwaveable bowl. Add enough water to completely cover potatoes.
- Microwave on HIGH 10 min. (Note: Potatoes should not be cooked until tender.) Drain potatoes; return to bowl.
- Mix sour cream and aioli until blended. Add to potatoes; mix lightly.
- Spoon potato mixture onto large sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheese. Fold foil to make packet. Place on grill over unlit area; cover.
- Grill 15 min. or until potatoes are tender, monitoring for consistent grill temperature. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
FOIL-PACKET CARIBBEAN CHICKEN
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Combine the scallions, cilantro stems, jerk seasoning, garlic, lime zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor. Pulse, scraping down the processor a few times, until a coarse paste forms. Toss the chicken with the paste in a medium bowl.
- Lay out four 16- to 18-inch-long sheets of foil. Divide the sweet potatoes among the foil and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Arrange the potatoes in the middle of the foil and top with the chicken. Bring the two short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal; fold in the sides to form a packet.
- Grill the foil packets, turning once, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa: Roughly chop the cilantro leaves and radishes; transfer to a medium bowl. Peel, core and chop the pineapple; add to the bowl. Add the lime juice, a few shakes of hot sauce and a pinch each of salt and pepper; toss well.
- Carefully open the foil packets. Top with the pineapple salsa.
CHILE SWEET POTATOES
The chef Rick Bayless offers a wonderful recipe for sweet potatoes glazed with an ancho chile paste in his book "Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen." Instead of making the paste, I make a thinner glaze with canned chipotle and some of the adobo they're packed in. The glaze makes a spicy contrast to the sweet potatoes. You can make this recipe vegan by using light brown sugar instead of honey.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories weekday, side dish
Yield Serves six
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 2-quart baking dish. Place the garlic, salt, chipotles and adobo sauce, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, broth, orange juice and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain into a large, wide bowl, and stir in the orange zest.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4-inch lengths. If the sweet potatoes are fat, cut the pieces in half lengthwise into wedges. Add to the bowl, and toss with the adobo mixture until coated. Transfer to the baking dish, then pour on the liquid from the bowl. Drizzle on the oil, and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven until tender. Raise the heat to 425 degrees, uncover the sweet potatoes and baste with the liquid in the pan. Continue to bake, uncovered, until the sweet potatoes are thoroughly tender and glazed and any sauce remaining in the pan is thick. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 190, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 491 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams, TransFat 0 grams
OVEN FOIL-PACK HONEY DIJON CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
- Heat oven to 400°F or heat gas or charcoal grill for direct grilling. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of foil. In medium bowl, mix melted butter, honey, mustard and seasoning. Add chicken, and turn to coat; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave sweet potatoes uncovered on High 5 to 7 minutes or until fork tender. Carefully divide potatoes among the 4 pieces of foil. Top with bell pepper chunks. Top each with chicken breast and sauce.
- For each packet, bring up 2 sides of foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- If baking, place packets on cookie sheet, and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). If grilling, place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 18 to 20 minutes, rotating packets one-half turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil. Top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 3 g, Protein 39 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 720 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 1/2 g
JAN'S CHIPOTLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes and butter together in a large bowl.
- Whisk brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chile powder, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl; sprinkle over sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Pour potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.1 calories, Carbohydrate 65.9 g, Cholesterol 25.4 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 8.8 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 808.7 mg, Sugar 19.2 g
CHIPOTLE SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES
Delicious baked sweet potatoes with a kick, inspired by the one and only Bobby Flay. I have made these for dinenr and everybody LOVED them.
Provided by Nisrine
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and chipotle puree until well combined.
- Season the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Layer the sweet potatoes in a 6x8-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons of the chipotle-cream mixture. Repeat with the remaining sweet potatoes and cream mixture to form 3 to 4 layers. Cover with foil paper and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.2, Fat 44.1, SaturatedFat 27.4, Cholesterol 163, Sodium 99.3, Carbohydrate 23.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 4.4, Protein 4
CHIPOTLE SMASHED SWEET POTATOES
Provided by Alton Brown
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket and put the steamer in a large pot of simmering water that is 1 inch from the bottom of the basket. Cover and steam over medium-high heat for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove the steamer basket, pour the water out of the pot and dump the sweet potatoes into the pot. Add the butter and salt and mash with a potato masher. Add the chile and sauce and continue mashing to combine. Serve immediately.
CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES (ADAPTED FROM BOBBY FLAY AT THE FOOD NETWORK) RECIPE
Provided by jmetcalf
Number Of Ingredients 8
- reheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Insert slicing disc into food processor. Slice potatoes and remove to a separate bowl. Add chipotle peppers to food processor with steel blade. Pulse until peppers are pureed. Add up to 1/2 cup water to aid in the process and scrape down bowl occasionally. Freeze in ice cube trays. Reserve 1 heaping T of puree and place in medium size mixing bowl. Add half and half, cream, cumin and oregano. place one layer of potatoes in bottom of square baking dish, add a layer of cream then season with salt and pepper and a small amount of cheese. Repeat. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Remove foil and bake another 45 min until bubbly. Let stand 5 -10 minutes. If you want mashed potatoes, return potatoes to the food processor (reserve liquid) and process
WHIPPED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450°F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until very soft. Cool potatoes until they can be handled and scoop flesh into a bowl. With an electric mixer beat potatoes with chili paste, butter, and salt and pepper to taste just until smooth and spread in a buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish. Potatoes may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring potatoes to room temperature before proceeding.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake potatoes in middle of oven until hot, 20 to 25 minutes.
More about "foil packed chipotle sweet potatoes recipes"
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | CHIPOTLE SMASHED SWEET POTATOES
FOIL-PACKET SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
32 WRAP-AND-COOK FOIL PACKET RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SWEET POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE CREAM - MY DELICIOUS BLOG
CHIPOTLE SMASHED SWEET POTATOES (HALF RECIPE) - BAREFOOT …
SWEET POTATO FOIL PACKET TACOS | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATO AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE FOIL PACKETS
Reviews 10Total Time 40 minsServings 4
- In a bowl, toss together sweet potato, onion, zucchini, chipotle pepper and sauce, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt.
- Place 4 large strips of foil on the counter. (I like to use heavy duty or double up when I'm grilling). Place 1/4 of the sweet potato mixture and 1/2 of the sliced turkey sausage in each one.
THE ORIGINAL FOIL PACKET SWEET POTATO TACOS - PERRY'S PLATE
CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES - CHEFHOTDISH FOOD
FOIL WRAPPED BAKED SWEET POTATOES AND CHILI - FRESH OFF THE GRID
SWEET POTATO CHIPOTLE CHICKEN SKILLET - LILLIE EATS AND TELLS
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES IN FOIL - HOORAH TO HEALTH
EASY CHIPOTLE MASHED SWEET POTATOES - FOOD BANJO
VEGAN CHIPOTLE STUFFED SWEET POTATOES - RACHAEL HARTLEY NUTRITION
EASY FOIL PACK POTATOES ON THE GRILL OR OVEN
CHIPOTLE CHEDDAR MASHED SWEET POTATOES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
FOIL GRILLED SOUTHWESTERN SWEET POTATOES - GOOD LIFE EATS
EASY GRILLED SWEET POTATOES IN FOIL - HOSTESS AT HEART
TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE CHILE - FINECOOKING
5-INGREDIENT CREAMY CREAMY AU GRATIN SWEET POTATOES - CHEF ALLI
FOIL-PACKED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES | VAL | COPY ME THAT
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH LIME AND CHIPOTLE - THE CAREFREE …
CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FOIL-PACKED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES | RECIPE | DELICIOUS …
EASY FOIL-PACKED RECIPES WHEN YOU FORGET TO PLAN DINNER
CHIPOTLE GOUDA SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
ROASTED GARLIC CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES - OUR BEST BITES
45 FOIL PACKET RECIPES FOR CAMPING | EASY CAMPFIRE GRILL IDEAS
FOIL-PACKED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES | RECIPE | RECIPES, SWEET …
BBQ SWEET POTATOES CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS - SAVORY EXPERIMENTS
GRILLED BAKED SWEET POTATOES IN FOIL | BBQ - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS FOIL PACK
GRILLED POTATOES IN FOIL - EASY FOIL PACK POTATOES RECIPE
HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES IN FOIL? AT 375 DEGREES!
CHEESY POTATO FOIL PACKETS - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
RECIPE: SHEET PAN HONEY-CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
You'll also love