LEMON PEPPER GREEN BEANS
- Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute almonds until lightly browned. Season with lemon pepper. Stir in green beans, and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.3 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 185.8 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS
"Balsamic vinegar adds zing to these colorful sauteed veggies that cook in a flash," says Chris Kallies of Oldsmar, Florida. "Trim the beans and julienne the pepper ahead to make this dish in a snap at the last minute."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beans and red pepper in oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the vinegar, basil and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 10mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN BEANS WITH PEPPERS
This festive-looking side dish is a snap to make for a holiday menus or an everyday meal. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in batches in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender., In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add beans, basil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 153mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC AND PEPPER
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the green beans, then season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the stock, then bring to a simmer and cover the skillet. Cook until the green beans are bright green and just slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover the skillet and cook until the liquid evaporates and the green beans are tender, 10 minutes more. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining tablespoon butter and season with additional salt and pepper.
GREEN BEANS IN YELLOW PEPPER BUTTER
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan. Add the shredded bell pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine the 6 tablespoons softened butter and the pine nuts in a food processor bowl or blender jar. Process until almost smooth. Add the shredded bell pepper, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Process until almost smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour a small amount of salted water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the beans. Cook, covered, for 12 minutes; remove the colander with tongs. Add the bell pepper strips to the liquid in the saucepan and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- Put the beans in a serving bowl. Add half the butter mixture; toss to coat. Arrange the pepper strips around the edge. Serve the remaining butter on the side or reserve for another use.
GREEN BEANS WITH COLORED PEPPERS (CROWD SIZE)
Gently sauté a pretty medley of frozen green beans and fresh sweet pepper strips, accented with herbs and a spritz of lemon.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In 12-inch skillet, cook green beans on Stove-Top as directed on bag. Drain; place beans on plate and loosely cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix lemon juice, mustard, basil and thyme; set aside.
- Add oil to same skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, just until tender.
- Add green beans and lemon mixture to peppers; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 80 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
CHINESE PEPPERED GREEN BEANS
Bright, crisp and spicy with crushed green peppercorns, fresh red chile pepper and garlic, these green beans will add lots of flavor and color to your meal. If you can't find Chinese yardlong or 'snake' beans, then regular green beans will do just fine.
Provided by HEIDI WRIGHTSMAN
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, using the bottom of a glass or jar, crush the peppercorns into a coarse pulp. Stir in the cilantro.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in beans, garlic, brown sugar, chile pepper, peppercorns and cilantro. Stir-fry for 45 seconds. Pour in the water and cover to steam for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 143.9 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
FRESH PEPPERS & GREEN BEANS
Crisp-tender green beans and onions mixed with flavorful red peppers and a tangy vinaigrette makes for a fresh take on a sensible side.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook onions in 1/4 cup dressing in large skillet on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and water; stir. Cover; cook 5 min.
- Stir in peppers; cook, covered, 5 to 8 min. or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Fat 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
I love roasting green beans because they get a rich, carmelized flavor and also keep their color and crunch
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 6 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss vegetables with dressing in large roasting pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.6, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 6.3, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3, Protein 2.1
GREEN BEANS WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPERS
Green beans are beautifully paired with colourful peppers and red onion, a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
Provided by Hag chef
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Blanch the string beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for just 4 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When they are cool, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss the onion and bell peppers together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes, tossing with a spatula from time to time to be sure the vegetables roast evenly.
- Just before serving, reheat the string beans in a large sauté pan drizzled with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange on a platter. Spoon the roasted vegetables over the string beans and serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77.8, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 5.7, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 2.3, Protein 1.8
MARINATED GREEN BEANS AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Transfer to large bowl. Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. Add to bowl with peppers.
- Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in small bowl to blend well. Pour over vegetables; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover; chill up to 6 hours.
- Line large bowl with lettuce leaves, if desired. Mound vegetables in center.
GREEN BEANS AND RED PEPPERS
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, place beans in 1 inch water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil uncovered 5 minutes. Cover and boil 5 to 10 minutes longer or until beans are crisp-tender; drain.
- Stir bell pepper and honey mustard into beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 100 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
GREEN BEANS WITH BACON AND RED BELL PEPPER
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add green beans and bell pepper to skillet. Toss vegetables over medium-high heat until coated with drippings, about 1 minute. Add broth. Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
GREEN BEANS AND RED BELL PEPPER WITH CASHEW BUTTER
This recipe I obtained from my favorite grocery store in Minneapolis, Byerlys. Their home economist gave this recipe to me as a serving suggestion for a dinner party menu. This is a nice, colorful and elegant dish to serve with any main coarse.
Provided by Expat in Holland
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Trim ends off beans. Bring large pot of water with salt to a boil. Add beans and bring back to a boil. Cook beans , uncovered for about 8-10minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain beans and plunge into cold water. Drain and refrigerate. Allow beans to come to room temp before remaining procedure.
- In skillet melt butter and sauté red bell pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans, lemon juice, cashews, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.9, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 492.4, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 3.5, Protein 5.9
More about "green beans with peppers recipes"
GREE BEANS WITH PEPPERS | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 4Category Vegetables-BeansServings 4Total Time 35 mins
BASIL GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS RECIPE
BALSAMIC GLAZED RED PEPPER GREEN BEANS - GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
MIXED GREEN & WAX BEANS WITH ONIONS & PEPPERS
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS & ALMONDS
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS, RED PEPPERS AND ONIONS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER | CANADIAN LIVING
GREEN BEAN-AND-RED BELL PEPPER TOSS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS | PURE FLAVOR®
ROASTED GREEN BEANS & RED PEPPERS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SAUTéED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER AND GOAT CHEESE
GREEN BEANS AND PEPPERS BEST RECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH MUSHROOMS AND RED PEPPERS - CECELIA'S GOOD …
GREEN BEANS WITH SHALLOTS AND RED PEPPER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
GINGER SOY GLAZED GREEN BEANS & PEPPERS - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS - DULCET SCINTILLA
GREEN BEANS WITH COLORED PEPPERS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS - THYME FOR …
GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC AND ROASTED PEPPERS
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER AND ALMONDS: RECIPE
BEST LIME AND ALEPPO PEPPER GREEN BEANS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
GREEN BEANS WITH PEPPERS AND PINEAPPLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER AND GARLIC - MAYO CLINIC
GARLIC PEPPER SKILLET GREEN BEANS - WHOLE FOOD BELLIES
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE | HEALTHY RECIPES
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS AND PEANUTS RECIPE
EASY ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPERS - THE GINGERED WHISK
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER AND ONION - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
GREEN BEANS WITH RED PEPPER AND ALMONDS - THE COOKING MOM
SALT AND PEPPER ROASTED GREEN BEANS RECIPE - KITCHEN OF YOUTH
GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS - HAVE A PLANT
GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTEED RED PEPPERS - NEW SOUTH CHARM:
You'll also love