GRILLED EGGPLANT MARINATED WITH MINT
- Heat a gas grill to medium high or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire.
- Using a serrated knife or a mandoline, slice the eggplant into rounds as thin as possible, about 1/4 to 1/8 inch. Spread the sliced eggplant (you may have to overlap them slightly) on two large baking sheets. Brush the tops with 1/2 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Smash the garlic and a pinch of salt into a paste following the directions here. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup oil and the garlic paste. Whisk in the lemon juice or vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the fire is hot, grill both sides of the eggplant (in batches if necessary) until softened and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. It's fine if it chars slightly.
- Transfer the eggplant to a medium serving bowl, add the garlic oil, and toss gently so as not to tear the eggplant. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours at room temperature (or refrigerate for up to 24 hours, but bring to room temperature before serving). Toss in the mint just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize eight to ten., Calories 170 kcal, Fat 150 kcal, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 16 g, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 240 mg, UnsaturatedFat 13 g
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT MARINADE
- Lay the eggplant slices out on paper towels and sprinkle with the salt. Let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Place the eggplant in a bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade and pour the rest over the eggplant, turning to coat it well. Set aside no longer than 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or broiler. Grill or broil the eggplant until browned and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Divide among 4 plates, drizzle with the reserved marinade and sprinkle with mint. Serve
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 85, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 723 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Curtis Stone
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Lay the eggplant slices in a single layer on 2 baking sheets and sprinkle both sides with salt. Set aside about 30 minutes, or until moisture beads on top of the eggplant.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Rinse the eggplant to remove the excess salt and pat dry. Brush the eggplant slices with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, coating both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the eggplant about 5 minutes per side, or until char marks form and the eggplant is very tender. Transfer to a platter as you finish each batch.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest of the lemon into a small bowl. Halve the lemon and squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice into the bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, shallots, chopped mint and the remaining 5 tablespoons oil. Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the grilled eggplant and sprinkle with the mint leaves. Using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices of feta cheese over the eggplant. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Grill 4 small Japanese eggplants over medium-high heat, turning, until very soft, 15 minutes. Cook 3 sliced garlic cloves in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Trim the ends off the eggplant and split open. Scrape the flesh with a fork and season with salt. Top with the garlic oil and sliced mint.
MARINATED EGGPLANT WITH MINT
Yield Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Toss eggplant with 1 teaspoon salt in a colander set over a bowl, then let drain 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant, then drain, pressing gently on eggplant to extract any excess liquid. Pat dry.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in garlic and mint.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then fry eggplant, about 8 slices at a time, until cooked through and pale golden, about 1 minute per side. Transfer eggplant as fried to paper towels to drain, then transfer to a large shallow dish, overlapping slices slightly. Spoon some of vinegar mint mixture over each batch. Marinate eggplant, covered and chilled, at least 8 hours.
GRILLED MARINATED EGGPLANT
Provided by Marco Canora
Categories Side Marinate Vegetarian Backyard BBQ Eggplant Summer Grill Grill/Barbecue Healthy Capers Vegan Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 4 as a first course or side dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Finely chop the parsley with the capers and garlic. Add the oregano and peperoncini and chop everything together. Put the mixture in a bowl, stir in the oil, season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
- Preheat an outdoor charcoal or gas grill or a grill pan until smoking hot.
- Put enough eggplant slices on the grill to cover it without crowding. Cook the eggplant until well marked, 3 to 6 minutes, then turn the slices over. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove the eggplant from the grill.
- Pour the vinegar into a shallow bowl. While still hot, dip each eggplant slice into the vinegar and set it aside on a plate. Continue grilling and dipping the eggplant until all the slices are cooked and seasoned.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the parsley mixture onto a platter and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon. Arrange half of the grilled eggplant on the parsley in a single layer. Smear each slice of eggplant with more parsley. Place a second layer of eggplant on top and spread the remaining parsley on it. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours (or refrigerate for longer). Serve at room temperature.
- Chef's notes:
- You could make the parsley mixture in a food processor, but I don't. I find hand chopping gives me the somewhat drier texture I prefer.
- For this recipe, I don't salt or oil the eggplant; I grill it dry. This way, it has a nice chewy texture. I marinate the eggplant as soon as it comes off the grill so the flavor of the marinade penetrates.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA, MINT AND CHILI
- Preheat a grill on high.
- Slice eggplant into thin slices lengthwise. There will be about 10 from each eggplant.
- Finely chop red chili - include seeds if you want it extra spicy.
- Finely chop mint - save a few bits for sprinkling over the top of finished dish.
- Juice lemon.
- Crumble feta into a bowl. Add red chili, mint and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush both sides of each eggplant slice with oil. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Lay a slice of eggplant out onto a cutting board.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the feta mixture onto one end of the slice. Roll up the eggplant with the feta inside.
- Place seam side down on a serving plate. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle with the reserved mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70.7, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 10.7, Sodium 135.7, Carbohydrate 4.4, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.9, Protein 2.4
GRILLED EGGPLANT ROLLS WITH MINT AND GARLIC DRESSING
One of the first recipes I used to try out my new BBQ. From Taste magazine. I liked the picture. My photo is not as professional but I hope it still inspires you to try this recipe!
Provided by RonaNZ
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice the eggplant thinly.
- Brush each slice with olive oil and place on a ridged grill plate or barbecue.
- Turn when the cooked side has some good marks on it.
- Remove when the slices are they are soft and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Make the dressing by finely chopping the garlic and mint and mixing with the vinegar and olive oil. The wet ingredients will only coat the mint.
- Spread a little of the dressing on each slice of eggplant and roll it up.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing over the rolls.
- Serve at room temperature. Nice with BBQ chicken and salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.8, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 392.9, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 4.3, Protein 2.1
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil together in a small bowl. Coat eggplant slices in sauce. Place on preheated grill, carefully, as they will flame up.
- Cook each eggplant slice until deep brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.9 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 11.7 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1818.9 mg, Sugar 12.9 g
GRILLED-EGGPLANT SALAD WITH FRESH MINT
- Prepare a very hot charcoal fire, or preheat the oven broiler.
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling. Meanwhile, cut the top off each eggplant and a thin slice off the bottom. Peel a wide strip of skin off 2 opposite sides of each eggplant. Holding the eggplant vertically, slice it lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices, so that each has a thin border of peel.
- Plunge the eggplant slices into the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove, pat dry and brush lightly with olive oil. Place directly on the grill (or on an oiled cookie sheet beneath the broiler) in a single layer. Turn frequently, every 2 minutes or so, to make sure the slices don't burn. They are done when they are sizzled brown on the outside (they will be crusty in places, but that's what you want) and just tender within. Season both sides with salt and pepper and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into pieces about 1 inch square, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over moderately high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Cook for a few more minutes; season to taste. Stir into eggplant. Add the mint and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 144, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 1024 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams
More about "grilled eggplant with mint marinade recipes"
MELANZANE ARROSTITE (MARINATED GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT AND GARLIC DRESSING
4/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 246 per serving
GRILLED EGGPLANT SALAD WITH MINT AND HALOUMI - SIDEWALK SHOES
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE AND MINT : RECIPES : COOKING …
GRILLED EGGPLANTS MARINATED W/ SALMORIGLIO (LEMON
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER WITH LEMON, GARLIC & MINT
MARINATED EGGPLANT WITH CAPERS AND MINT - RECIPE GIRL
BEST GRILLED EGGPLANT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED MARINATED EGGPLANT RECIPE - MY LIFE COOKBOOK
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - GOOD FOOD BADDIE
EASY GRILLED EGGPLANT RECIPE WITH GARLIC SOY MARINADE - BEST …
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE AND MINT - JO COOKS
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC AND HERBS – WELLPLATED.COM
MARINATED GRILLED EGGPLANT | RICARDO
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TZATZIKI, FETA, AND MINT | TASTY SEASONS
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH YOGURT MINT SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED EGGPLANT & HALLOUMI WITH MINT TAHINI SAUCE
GRILLED EGGPLANT MARINATED WITH MINT - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT SAUCE RECIPE - @ATKINS
20-MINUTE GRILLED EGGPLANT - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH SUMMER MARINARA RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GRILLED EGGPLANT SUMMER WRAPS - LIVING THE GOURMET
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FETA AND FRESH MINT - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
EASY GRILLED EGGPLANT - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
CURTIS STONE | GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT VINAIGRETTE
ITALIAN MARINATED EGGPLANT - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH GRILLED EGGPLANT - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH MINT MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH SESAME MARINADE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
21 FOOD NETWORK GRILLED EGGPLANT RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
GRILLED EGGPLANT MINT SALAD - POSH JOURNAL
GRILLED EGGPLANT SALAD WITH HALLOUMI & TOMATOES - FEASTING AT …
GRILLED EGGPLANT - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH YOGURT & MINT RECIPE - SENIORS GUIDE
GARLIC GRILLED EGGPLANT - SLENDER KITCHEN
GRILLED EGGPLANT SALAD WITH FRESH MINT DRESSING - SPOTEBI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook eggplant so it’s tender?These eggplants always cook up to a wonderful, tender texture. Make the marinade: in a large bowl combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients together well. Add the eggplant slices to the marinade and toss to completely coat all sides.
How to cook eggplant Parmesan on the grill?Heat large skillet or cast iron pan on medium-high heat. Once pan is heated, lay eggplant slices on the pan in a single layer (cook in batches if needed) and grill them for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and tender. Repeat this process for all the eggplant.
What are the best ways to eat eggplant?When eggplants are peaking, one of our favorite ways to eat eggplant is a quick grill on the pan with our favorite garlic-soy marinade. This Asian inspired grilled eggplant recipe is addicting, so you might want to double or even triple the batch if you’re planning on serving it at a dinner party.
Can you cook eggplant on a cast iron skillet?When seared and grilled on a cast iron skillet, the slices of eggplant becomes soft, tender and will melt in your mouth. The best part about this recipe is that the eggplant absorbs the wonderful flavor of the garlic-soy marinade and each bite is savory, tender and delicious.