MEXICAN CHICKEN CHILI SOUP
This is Top Secret Recipes version of The Soup Nazi's Mexican Chicken Chili. The secret to this soup seems to be the long simmering time. If you like, you can substitute turkey breast for the chicken to make turkey chili.
Provided by dale7793
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Cook the chicken on both side until done-- about 7-10 minutes per side.
- Cool the chicken until it can be handled.
- Do not rinse the pot.
- Shred the chicken by hand into bite-sizes pieces and place the pieces back into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and turn heat to high.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 hours.
- Stir mixture often so that many of the chicken pieces shred into much smaller bits.
- Chili should reduce substantially to thicken and darken (less orange, more brown) when done.
- Combine some chopped Italian parsley with sour cream and serve it on the side for topping the chili, if desired.
CREAMY GREEN CHILE SOUP
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine onions, garlic, 1 cup corn kernels, 2 cans of the chiles, chicken stock, and Mexican seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining corn and green chiles. Add mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes, or until water from mushrooms is released and evaporated; set aside.
- Transfer chile mixture to a blender. Puree until smooth, working in batches if necessary. *(TIP: Cover blender with dish towel and pulse.) Return puree to skillet and add sauteed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and stir in Mexican crema. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup hot garnished with cilantro and cotija cheese.
MEXICAN CHILI SOUP
Beef chili soup, packed with flavor is delicious over rice and topped with cheese or sour cream. Great for company, camping, and freezing. Serve soup over rice. Top soup with sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese, and tortilla chips if desired.
Provided by Tina Menard
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat; saute rump roast until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves into meat and vegetables; cook and stir until meat and vegetables are coated in seasonings, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock, enchilada sauce, green chile peppers, and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until meat is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Stir pinto beans into soup, mashing beans to thicken if desired; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 33.4 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 790.5 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
MEXICAN WHITE CHILI
White chili may be a little different from what you're used to, but it's sure to warm you up on a chilly night. Cilantro and cumin give this chili an authentic Mexican flavor. -Shari Meissner, Chester, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in chicken, beans, broth, chilies and dry seasonings., Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until heated through. Stir in cilantro. If desired, serve with corn chips, cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts :
SOPA DE LIMA (MEXICAN LIME SOUP)
Hot or cold outside, this soup is light and refreshing. I first enjoyed this dish while sitting ocean-side in Mexico. Goes great with a margarita or beer and a side of chips and salsa. Use whatever chilies you want (hot or mild) depending on the amount of heat you enjoy. Serve in bowls with crushed tortilla chips or strips on top.
Provided by Amatre
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring the chicken broth, chicken breasts, red onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme to a boil in a large pot; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-sized strips; return to the simmering pot.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the green onions and green chile pepper in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes into the mixture and continue cooking until soft, about 5 minute more; pour the mixture into the pot with the chicken soup. Season with the salt; return the soup to a simmer. Add the lime juice and 1/2 a lime; cook another 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the lime half; stir in the cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 1693.4 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
PATRICIA'S GREEN CHILE SOUP
This is an easy, hearty, spicy soup. I have found that it is a favorite even with picky people! The recipe is always requested. Serve with warm buttered tortillas, cheese, and sour cream.
Provided by pmvbc
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until transparent. Stir in the garlic, green chiles, chicken meat, and cumin. Cook for one minute to blend the flavors. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and half-and-half. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 99.7 mg, Fat 31.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 20.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 916.1 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
LORI'S MEXICAN CHILI CROCKPOT SOUP
Lauralie41 (Lori) gifted me with a RecipeZaar premium membership renewal and I wanted to thank her for her kindness! Please feel free to change the ingredients to personalize it to your tastes. If you don't want to use the crockpot, just make everything in a large pot, cover and let simmer on low for at least an hour. I have included some of Lori's favourite ingredients in this hearty soup and I hope that she and you like it. Enjoy!
Provided by Nif_H
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a nonstick pan, lightly brown ground beef. If you are using anything other than extra lean beef, you may want to strain off the fat now. Add onion, celery and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and beef broth and simmer for 15 minutes. This will infuse a lot of flavour into the ground beef. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to the crockpot. You can add the liquid from the beans or not - I did.
- Add ground beef mixture to the crockpot. If you find that there isn't enough liquid, add more beef broth. I cooked it on low for 6 hours, but I can't imagine why it can't be cooked longer. The longer you cook soups in a crockpot, the better they taste!
- If you can taste the soup partway through, you may want to season it to your tastes at this point. Add some freshly ground pepper, chili powder or any of your favourite spices or seasonings.
- Top with grated cheese and diced avocado and tortilla chip pieces if you wish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.1, Fat 5.1, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 47, Sodium 426.9, Carbohydrate 26.6, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 4.7, Protein 23.2
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne and chile paste and stir until the beef is coated with the seasonings. Add the tomatoes with their juices, beans, enchilada sauce and chocolate and stir. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish the chili with your desired toppings and serve.
MEXICAN CHILE AND MUSHROOM SOUP
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Lightly smash garlic in skins with side of a large knife, then add to skillet along with onion slice and cook, turning over once or twice with tongs, until onion is well browned and garlic is slightly softened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, discard stem, seeds, and veins from chile and tear chile into 4 pieces. Add chile to onion and garlic in skillet and toast, pressing flat with tongs and turning over occasionally, until chile turns a brighter red, about 1 minute.
- Discard garlic skins and coarsely chop onion, then purée garlic, onion, and chile in a blender with water, salt, and oregano until smooth.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden and any liquid is evaporated, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate, then add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add purée and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in broth and simmer 5 minutes.
HEARTY TEX-MEX CHILI SOUP
This is a fantastic soup! It's easy and it's a one pan meal. I like to switch types of beans, kidney, black, pinto, even black eyed. You can make it hotter, or use less pepper sauce for milder. I like to use the hot pepper flakes when I make mine. I hope you will enjoy this chili soup, and that you make it often.
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.8, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 35.7, Sodium 1515.5, Carbohydrate 41.8, Fiber 9.4, Sugar 3.4, Protein 18.6
KAREN'S CHILI CON CARNE SOUP
A delicious and hearty chili con carne that is also easy to make. The small addition of brown sugar and touch of vinegar in combination with the chili powder gives the soup an enticing flavor trio. Add more or less to suit your individual tastes. Offer cornbread like my Mom did and you have a tasty, tempting meal.
Provided by Karen
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, navy beans, chili beans, black beans, green bell pepper, celery, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until thick, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.4 calories, Carbohydrate 41.9 g, Cholesterol 51.7 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 11.1 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 1206.2 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
MEXICAN CHILLI SOUP
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Toast the whole chillies, turning often to avoid burning (blackening). Remove the chilli seeds and stems, reserving them in case you want to increase the heat of the soup later. Soak the chillies in 1 cup of the stock for 10 minutes then blend the chilli and stock mixture until smooth in a food processor or blender.
- Char the onion slices and whole garlic clove all over. Peel the garlic clove after cooling a few minutes. Char the tomato slices then chop roughly.
- Blend the onion, tomato and peeled garlic clove with 2 cups of the stock until smooth and add to the chilli mixture.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a pan then fry the chopped bacon. After a minute or two, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Blend the bacon and mushroom mixture with the ricotta in the remaining cup of stock. Combine with the rest of the soup in a large pan and reheat for about 5 minutes. Serve garnished with the fresh coriander.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.4, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 9.1, Sodium 358.4, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 8.4, Protein 9.4
More about "mexican chili soup recipes"
20 BEST MEXICAN SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (4)Published 2021-07-16Category Recipe Roundup, Soup
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI - QUICK AND HEALTHY DINNER
MEXICAN GREEN CHILE STEAK SOUP (CADILLO) - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN SOUP ON TRIVET RECIPES
MEXICAN-INSPIRED CHILI | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
MEXICAN CHILI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SOUP NAZI'S MEXICAN CHICKEN CHILI - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
HATCH CHILE SOUP | MEXICAN PLEASE
MEXICAN SOUPS AND STEWS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
33 MEXICAN-INSPIRED SOUP RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CHILI CON CARNE | MEXICAN PLEASE
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
HEARTY CHILI BEEF SOUP RECIPE - THESPRUCEEATS.COM
MEXICAN SPICE CHILE SOUP RECIPE - CLEAN EATING MAG
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN SOUP & CHILI RECIPES USING THE TOP CHORIZO
MEXICAN CHILI SOUP - BONED BROTH
MEXICAN SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 MOST POPULAR MEXICAN SOUPS - TASTEATLAS
MEXICAN CHILI RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MEXICAN CHILI BEAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AWESOME MEXICAN VEGGIE SOUP - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
10 BEST AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE SOUP NAZI MEXICAN CHICKEN CHILI COPYCAT RECIPE
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN TORTILLA SOUP - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
MEXICAN CHILI WITH ORZO - SOUPADDICT
16 AUTHENTIC MEXICAN SOUP RECIPES - MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
SPICY MEXICAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MEXICAN CHILI CHICKEN SOUP - RECIPESMAG.BLOGSPOT.COM
10 BEST MEXICAN CHORIZO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
150 MEXICAN, CHILI, AND SOUP DISHES IDEAS IN 2022 | COOKING …
SOUP NAZI MEXICAN CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE | TOP SECRET RECIPES
CHILI SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MEXICAN CHILI SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
TURKEY CHILI TACO SOUP RECIPE | EASY SOUP RECIPE
MEXICAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH ANCHO CHILI, CREMA, AND …
CHILE RELLENO SOUP - CREATIVE CULINARY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in Mexican vegetable soup?You’ll find plenty of “traditional” Mexican ingredients in these soups – beans, rice, potatoes, garlic, chili powder, and other tasty things. If you like mild soup with lots of flavors but no heat, you’ll probably enjoy the Mexican vegetable soup.
What is the best way to make chili sauce?Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves into meat and vegetables; cook and stir until meat and vegetables are coated in seasonings, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock, enchilada sauce, green chile peppers, and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
What kind of soup is Mexican potato soup?It’s somewhere between soup and chili and has plenty of tasty, chunky ingredients. Whether you make it for the pork carnitas, the beans and corn, the various seasonings, or all the peppers, there’s bound to be something in this stew that you’ll love. 19. Mexican Potato Soup Mexican potato soup is vastly different from American potato soup.
How do you cook chili for a large crowd?Great chili recipe for a very large crowd. Cook it in a 6 gallon steam jacketed kettle or a huge pot on the stove. Using some fresh and some canned ingredients, this chili is a snap to throw together and will keep you craving it for days.