- To make the pastry, place the flour, salt, baking powder, lemon zest and vanilla seeds in a food processor and pulse for about 15 seconds to combine. Add the butter and pulse for a few seconds more, until the mixture has the texture of fresh breadcrumbs. Add the cream cheese and process just until the dough comes together in a ball around the blade; be careful not to overprocess or the pastry will be tough. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few seconds, just to bring it together.
- Divide the pastry in two, cover each half loosely in plastic wrap, then press to flatten into disks. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the filling, spread the walnuts out on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool, then chop finely and place in a small bowl with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the quince paste and lemon juice to form a smooth paste. (If your quince paste is very firm, warm it gently over low heat to soften [or heat for 10 seconds in a microwave], until the texture is thick like jam but spreadable, then set aside to cool before using).
- Take one of the pieces of dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured work surface to form a 9 1/2-inch/24-cm circle, about 1/8 inch/3 mm thick. Use a small spatula or the back of a spoon to spread half of the quince paste evenly over the surface and then sprinkle with half of the sugar-nut mixture. Using a sharp knife or a pizza wheel, if you have one, cut the dough as though you are slicing a cake into twelve equal triangles. The best way to get even-sized triangles is to cut it first into quarters, then each quarter into thirds. One at a time, roll each wedge quite tightly, starting from the wide outside edge and working toward the point of the triangle, so that the filling is enclosed. Place them on the lined baking sheets, seam side down, spaced about 1 inch/3 cm apart. Repeat the rolling process with the remaining disk of dough and filling, then chill the rugelachs in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F/200°C.
- When ready to bake, lightly brush the tops of the rugelachs with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown all over. Don't worry if some of the filling oozes out; this will add a lovely toffee taste to the edges of the cookies. Remove from the oven and allow to rest on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The pastry can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge, or frozen for up to 3 months (remember to thaw it overnight in the fridge before using). The rolled rugelach can also be frozen (before glazing) for up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake them, brush with the glaze and bake from frozen, adding an extra minute or two to the cooking time.
- These will keep for up to 4 days in an open container, separated by pieces of parchment paper, and the whole thing wrapped loosely in aluminum foil. Don't keep in an airtight container; the sugar will weep if you do and turn the rugelach soft and sticky.
- Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, combine 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the raisins, and walnuts.
- On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling. Press the filling lightly into the dough. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges?cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush each cookie with the egg wash. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
More about "not quite bonnies rugelach recipes"
RECIPES @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
INCREDIBLE & HEALTHY Green Goddess Salad TikTok! Top 5 Rainy Day Recipes! DIVINE Kousa Bil Liban Stuffed Lebanese Zucchini in Yogurt! SOFTEST Hong Kong Style Pineapple Buns (With Pineapple & Cream!) INCREDIBLE Cumin Lamb Skewers Xinjiang! DELICIOUS Tangyuan Sesame Balls! FEATHER-LIGHT Peaches & Cream Sponge Cake.
I MADE THE CHOCOLATE RUGELACH PASTRIES FROM THE GREAT CANADIAN …
2017-12-08 Anne T. Donahue joins the festivities during Holiday Baking Week and creates her first-ever batch of rugelach pastries. The Holiday Baking Week technical challenge stumped the bakers on The Great ...
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
Bonnie Stern, aka Yotam and Sami’s Canadian mother, has been looking after “her boys” since they started doing book tours in Canada. As well as being told which restaurants they need to try, Sami and Yotam have come to expect a bag of Bonnie’s exceptional rugelach. This riff on those famed pastries is filled with quince paste, walnuts, and demerara sugar. They're simple, brittle, …
RUGELACH - NOTDERBYPIE.COM
2008-05-28 Long story short: Rugelach seem ordinary, and they have a few annoying steps involved, but oh, they are so very worth the extra effort. A delightfully flaky, unsweetened crust sandwiches raspberry and/or apricot jam, chopped nuts, chocolate bits, and cinnamon sugar — at once sweet, tangy, and crispy. So when you’re shmearing melted raspberry jam, carefully …
SIMPLE RECIPES 浪裸 NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH WITH QUINCE, …
2017-12-06 This version of the flaky holiday pastry is made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with quince paste, walnuts, and cinnamon.
QUICK AND EASY RUGELACH - THE PREPARATION TOOK ME 15 MINUTES
2021-04-29 If you don’t have a piping bag, not to worry! You can use a teaspoon, just be careful not to overfill. 3. Beat an egg with the honey and brush the rugelach with it. In the meantime, turn on the oven to 180°C, wait 10 minutes and then bake the rugelach for around 15 minutes. 4. To prepare the syrup:
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH | RECIPE | RUGELACH, RECIPES, …
Mar 23, 2020 - This version of the flaky holiday pastry is made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with quince paste, walnuts, and cinnamon.
RUGELACH 2 WAYS – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Bake along with Molly as she shows us how to make her favorite holiday cookie: rugelach. She uses the same easy cream cheese-based dough for …
BONNIE STERN'S RUGELACH PASTRY COOKIES RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
2009-09-30 Directions. Yield: Step 1: Place flour in a food processor or large bowl. Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Cut cream cheese into mixture and combine to form a dough. (If you are doing this in a food processor be careful not to overprocess.) Divide dough into 4 balls and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH | RECIPE | RUGELACH, FOOD, …
Dec 9, 2017 - This version of the flaky holiday pastry is made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with quince paste, walnuts, and cinnamon.
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE’S RUGELACH FROM BY AND WELCOME TO OUR …
Rugelach is a filled pastry product originating in the Jewish communities of Poland. This version is named after Bonnie Stern who is Yotam and Sami’s so called Canadian mother. She always makes rugelach for them when they are touring in Canada. This recipe was adapted from her version hence the ‘not-quite-Bonnie’s’. They are very simple to make and they are very small …
NOT QUITE BONNIE'S RUGELACH
2017-12-08 Not Quite Bonnie's Rugelach Get link; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Other Apps; December 08, 2017 This recipe turned out wonderfully with what felt like very few modifications I had quince jam, not paste so I added a bit less lemon juice. I don't have a food processor, so I used a grater on the butter to mix it into the flour for the pastry I don't stock …
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH | DIVERGENTSS
Recipes. Not-Quite-Bonnie's Rugelach
BEST RUGELACH RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2015-10-21 Directions. Step 1. Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball.
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH | RECIPE | COOKIES RECIPES CHRISTMAS ...
Dec 10, 2017 - This version of the flaky holiday pastry is made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with quince paste, walnuts, and cinnamon.
RUGELACH COOKIES WITH JAM AND NUTS | ENCHANTED SPICEBOX
2021-09-27 Mix butter, cream cheese and salt together in mixing bowl. Add flour gradually and when mixed, form into a large ball. Divide the ball into 3 equal parts. Form each ball into a flat disk. Wrap each disk with plastic wrap, then refrigerate the dough disks. Mix sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
7 TOP-RATED RUGELACH RECIPES FOR HANUKKAH OR ANYTIME
2021-08-12 Raspberry and Apricot Rugelach. Chilled rugelach dough is brushed with raspberry preserves, and topped with a sweet walnut and apricot filling for an extra fruity version of this traditional Jewish treat. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar before baking, or dust with powdered sugar when they are cool.
99 DELICIOUS HANUKKAH RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, HANUKKAH FOOD, FOOD
Not-Quite-Bonnie's Rugelach Recipe | Epicurious. epicurious. Hanukkah Recipes. Apple Dessert Recipes. Apple Recipes. Just Desserts. Delicious Desserts. Yummy Food. Donut Recipes. Holiday Meals. Fruit Recipes. Cinnamon, cardamom, and freshly ground black pepper lend warm spice to these sweet fritters—just the thing for Hanukkah! Latkes with Lots of …
AUNT LIL'S MERINGUE RUGELACH - JEWISH FOOD SOCIETY
2018-12-20 Place ½ to 1 teaspoon of the egg whites on the wide end of each dough wedge. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and walnut mixture. 8. Starting from the wide edge of each dough triangle, fold the dough over the meringue filling and roll the rugelach up tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet with the point down.
3 YOTAM OTTOLENGHI HOLIDAY COOKIES THAT ARE ALMOST TOO
2017-12-12 Not-Quite-Bonnie's Rugelach. Photo by Peden + Munk. Start Cooking. Get unlimited recipes from Bon Appetit and Epicurious for just $40 $30 / yr. Start Cooking. Rugelach are traditionally a Jewish ...
OUR BEST HANUKKAH RECIPES AND MENU IDEAS FOR 2021
Share “Our Best Hanukkah Recipes and Menu Ideas for 2021” on Google+; Email “Our Best Hanukkah Recipes and Menu Ideas for 2021” Inside Our Best Hanukkah Recipes and Menu Ideas for 2021. Light It Up With Latkes; Make It Bright With These Mains; Dazzle With Doughnuts and Rugelach; Starters and Sides
CULYZAAR - NOT-QUITE-BONNIE’S RUGELACH FROM... | FACEBOOK
See more of Culyzaar on Facebook. Log In. or
NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
Zosia on December 20, 2017 . This is an excellent recipe for one of my favourite pastries that produces a flaky dough with more flavour than most of its type. I'll definitely repeat this one but I'll use a little less flour next time (130g instead of 160) as my dough was a little on the dry side.
BEST RUGELACH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RUGELACH - THE PIONEER …
2021-10-07 For the Dough: Pulse together the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until well combined, about 5 times. Add the butter and cream cheese. Pulse until crumbly and the mixture holds together when pinched, 20 to 25 times. Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and divide into 3 even portions (about 8 ½ ounces each).
RUGELACH - HOW TO BAKE JEWISH RUGELACH - TORI AVEY
2011-02-02 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly flour your rolling surface and rolling pin. Take one portion of the dough out the refrigerator (keep the …
301 Moved Permanently . The document has been permanently moved to here.
WEEK 1 - NEW YEAR, NEW RECIPE - NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH
22 votes and 1 comment so far on Reddit
RUGELACH RECIPES | PUNCHFORK
Gluten Free Rugelach with Cranberry Port Jam,… The Bojon Gourmet 1yr ago 75. Rating
BONNIE'S RUGELACH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc.) - unless called for in significant quantity.
PULL-APART RUGELACH CAKE RECIPE | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH LEARNING
2020-07-29 1/3 cup plus 4 tsp (100 grams) water. Directions. Place the yeast and milk in the bowl of a stand mixed fitted with the dough hook and mix well. Add the sugar and melted butter, and mix. Add the salt and ground cardamom to the flour and mix. Gradually, while continuously kneading, add the flour mixture to the mixer.
NOT QUITE BONNIES RUGELACH FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
Steps: To make the pastry, place the flour, salt, baking powder, lemon zest and vanilla seeds in a food processor and pulse for about 15 seconds to combine.
CREAM CHEESE-SOUR CREAM RUGELACH - RONNIE FEIN
2013-09-03 4 cups flour, sifted. 3/4 teaspoon salt. 1 cup dairy sour cream. filling. Beat the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer at medium speed until smooth and uniform. Add the flour and salt, blend them in slightly, but not completely. Add the sour cream and mix until a soft, smooth uniform dough has formed. Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI QUINCE RUGELACH RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA TASTE
2017-12-14 3. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. 4. To make the filling, spread the walnuts out on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool, then chop finely and place in a small bowl with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
CREAM CHEESE YOUR WAY TO BETTER RUGELACH | TASTE
2019-12-18 In other words, the cream cheese is emulsified so that the dough stays soft and pliable and no liquid seeps out and turns the texture tough or gluey. “It’s actually less about the sourness of the cream cheese than the texture it imparts,” says Palca. Bonnie Stern, a respected Canadian food writer and personality, founded the Bonnie Stern ...
Dec 30, 2017 - Grab the recipes for Yotam Ottolenghi's pretty Christmas cookies, including glazed gingerbread, spiced meringues, and quince rugelach. Pinterest Today
WEEK 1: RUGELACH (WITH A CREAM CHEESE PASTRY, APRICOT JAM AND …
25.9k members in the 52weeksofbaking community. Welcome to 52 weeks of theme-based baking! This is a great way for beginners to learn, and for …
HANUKKAH | NOT-QUITE-BONNIE'S RUGELACH - DESSERT
2017-12-06 Not-Quite-Bonnie's Rugelach. This is @ottolenghi’s holiday gift to us. 12/19/2019 4:01:00 PM. Source epicurious. This is ottolenghi’s holiday gift to us. This version of the flaky holiday pastry is made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with quince paste, walnuts, and cinnamon. 1/8 tsp saltFinely grated zest of 1 small lemon (3/4 tsp)Scraped seeds of 1/4 vanilla …
KAT AND MOUSSE
2017-12-08 Not Quite Bonnie's Rugelach. Get link; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Other Apps; December 08, 2017 This recipe turned out wonderfully with what felt like very few modifications I had quince jam, not paste so I added a bit less lemon juice. I don't have a food processor, so I used a grater on the butter to mix it into the flour for the pastry I don't stock …
HOMEMADE FLAKY RUGELACH RECIPE || WILLIAM'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
♥️ SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES ♥️⭐️ MY SOCIAL MEDIA ⭐️Instagram: @willyskitchenFacebook: William's KitchenTwitter: @willys_kitchenSnapchat: williams...
FOOD - PINTEREST.CA
Aug 22, 2020 - Explore Florina Simon's board "Food" on Pinterest. See more ideas about food, recipes, ethnic recipes. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in . Sign up. Food. 7 Pins 1y. Collection by . Florina Simon ...
ERIKA'S UNORTHODOX RUGELACH - JEWISH FAMILY RECIPE - TORI AVEY
2013-03-06 Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Reserve. Cream the shortening and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat the eggs into the sugar and shortening, one at a time, until well incorporated.
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love