GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SALAD
For family reunions, my mom would make everybody's favorite green bean and potato salad. Now I'm the one who brings it. -Connie Dicavoli, Shawnee, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain., Transfer potatoes and green beans to a large bowl; add onion and, if desired, mint. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 11g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 245mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SALAD
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, and fill with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Throw in the green beans to steam after the first 10 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut potatoes into quarters. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with fresh basil, red onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil. Pour over the salad, and stir to coat. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.9 calories, Carbohydrate 17.3 g, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 97.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
POTATO, GREEN BEAN AND SPINACH SALAD
Sometimes salads can be comforting, especially when warm potatoes are part of the mix. This is a particularly healthy combination whose three components bring together a great deal of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, folate, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin A.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield Serves four as a main dish or six as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Steam the potatoes above 1 inch boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil and yogurt.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove from the heat and toss at once with 1/4 cup of the dressing, the onion, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green beans to the steamer pot, and steam for five minutes. Remove from the heat, refresh briefly with cold water, drain well and toss with the potatoes, 2 more tablespoons of the dressing and the feta. In a separate bowl, toss the spinach with the remaining dressing. Top with the potatoes and beans, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 322, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 611 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ROSETTA'S GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SALAD
- Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water to cover by 2 inches. Cover the pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the potatoes are cooked through, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring another large saucepan of water to a boil; salt generously. Blanch the green beans until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and then shock in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into 1 1/2-inch chunks and place in a large serving bowl. Add the green beans, red onions and tomatoes and toss together. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and dried basil. Pour about three-quarters of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. (The potatoes should break up a bit and coat the salad.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature, garnished with torn basil.
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD
- Simmer green beans in salted water until barely tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or wire-mesh skimmer, and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain, and pat dry. Add potatoes to the same pot of salted water, and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes, and halve them. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and thyme in a large bowl. Add potatoes, beans, and red onion. Gently toss. Season with salt.
FRENCH POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD
If this sounds like a pared-down salade niçoise, it is. Make a bold vinaigrette that is unapologetically fragrant with garlic and anchovy. Boil medium-size potatoes in their skins. Peel, slice and dress them while they are still slightly warm. You can even do the work in advance and then assemble it all just before serving. Authentic, traditional or somewhere in between, maybe we'll just call this a potato salad with a southern French accent and let it go at that.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories salads and dressings
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes, bay leaf and thyme branch. Cook at a brisk simmer until the potatoes are firm but easily pierced with a skewer, about 30 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, anchovy, capers, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk again before using if the dressing separates.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove the skins with a paring knife and carefully cut into pieces 1/4-inch thick, or slightly thicker. Put the slices in a low bowl, season lightly with salt and pepper and add half the vinaigrette. Using your hands, gently coat the potatoes with the vinaigrette, taking care not to break them. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
- Top and tail the beans. Simmer in salted water until firm-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes, then cool under running water and pat dry.
- To cook the eggs, bring a medium pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the eggs and cook for 8 minutes for a somewhat soft-centered yolk or 9 minutes for a firmer yolk. Cool the eggs immediately in ice water, then crack and peel. Cut each egg in half and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, season the beans with salt and pepper, then dress with the remaining vinaigrette. (Reserve 2 tablespoons vinaigrette for the arugula, if using.)
- Combine the dressed beans and potatoes, using hands to toss, and pile onto a platter. Sprinkle with chives, parsley and basil and arrange the eggs over the top. Garnish with anchovy fillets, if desired. Dress the arugula and send it to the table separately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 307, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 681 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SALAD
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and blanch the beans for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider, rinse, drain, and reserve. Add the potatoes to the water and bring back to a boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and crisp for 2 to 3 minutes, and then add the shallots and chile. Cook for 2 more minutes, and then stir in the vinegar, sugar, and stock.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the potatoes and add the green beans, parsley, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, and stir to combine. Serve warm or cold.
NEW POTATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 8 mins until just tender, then drain and keep warm (they will absorb the dressing better than cold potatoes). Meanwhile, steam the beans in a steamer over the potatoes for 4 mins. Keep a close eye on them as you want them to be just tender rather than soft. Cool the beans under the cold tap to keep their colour.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Add the warm potatoes and beans, and toss really well to coat in the dressing. (Warm potatoes absorb the dressing better than cold ones.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
GREEN BEAN AND FINGERLING POTATO SALAD
- In a large kettle, simmer potatoes in salted water to cover until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes, and drain in a large colander.
- In a large saucepan, cook beans in 3 inches salted boiling water over high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. With tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer beans to colander with potatoes and drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss together warm potatoes, beans, herbs, oil, zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
POTATO, GREEN BEAN, AND BASIL SALAD
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and potatoes. Return to a boil, and cook until potatoes are almost tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add green beans; cook until potatoes are just tender and beans are bright green and tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; season with pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Add potatoes and green beans; toss to combine. Add basil; toss. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
MARINATED POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD
This is a warm marinated salad that I make often. It is so good! I often make a meal of just this salad by itself, and some good bread. I hope you will give it a try, you won't be disappointed It is colorful as well as tasty and travels well too because of no mayo. It is best served warm or room temperature.
Provided by Theresa P
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Gently boil new potatoes in a saucepan until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Steam green beans in a steamer basket until tender.
- Drain under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Cut warm potatoes into quarters and add all vegetables and potatoes to a medium bowl.
- Pour all the dressing over the potatoes and vegetables and mix gently to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve this salad warm or room temperature.
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
This is awesome! This salad will stay for several days, and improves in flavor. It may be served chilled or room temperature. Preparation time includes cooking the potatoes and beans.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, onion and basil.
- Mix/whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients togther (I like to shake it in a small jar).
- Add in the Balsamic vinaigrette mixture to the warm potato/bean mixture; toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.4, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 2.6, Sodium 77.9, Carbohydrate 42.5, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 6.4, Protein 6.3
POTATO, GREEN BEAN, AND CORN SALAD
- In a kettle cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches and simmer until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander. When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, halve larger ones and in a large bowl toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, remaining 3 tablespoons vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Dressing may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring dressing to room temperature before using.
- Trim beans and, working over a bowl, cut corn kernels from cobs. Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook beans until crisp-tender, about 1 minute for haricots verts or about 5 minutes for regular green beans, and transfer with a slotted spoon to ice water to stop cooking. Drain beans well and add to potatoes. Return water in pan to a boil and blanch corn 30 seconds, or until crisp-tender. Drain corn in a sieve and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Drain corn well and add to salad. Salad may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before proceeding. Gently toss salad with dressing and salt and pepper to taste until combined well.
WARM GREEN BEAN & POTATO SALAD
The combination of green beans and red potatoes, sometimes known as green beans Pierre, is one of my go-to side dishes. It's terrific with chicken.- Preci D'Silva, Dubai
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings., Add green beans to potatoes; return to a boil. Cook until vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes longer. Drain; add to dressing and toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and onion. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "potato green bean and spinach salad recipes"
GREEK POTATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD - RECIPES
GREEN BEAN POTATO SALAD WITH FETA AND OLIVES
GREEN BEAN & POTATO SALAD RECIPE - VEGGIEGIB
GREEN BEAN POTATO SALAD - GIRL GONE GOURMET
POTATO SALAD WITH GREEN BEANS AND SALSA VERDE RECIPE
GREEN BEAN AND POTATO SALAD- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
ROASTED POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POTATO SALAD WITH SPINACH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES - ITALIAN RECIPE BOOK
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD - SKINNYTASTE
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH SPINACH, FETA, & LEMON - REAL GREEK …
GREEN BEAN-POTATO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE - CHEF CINDY
GREEN BEAN & POTATO SALAD - COOKWITHRACHZ
TANGY POTATO-GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
POTATO, GREEN BEAN AND SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | GREEN …
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD - THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
POTATO GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH RED WINE VINAIGRETTE - SIP AND FEAST
POTATO, EGG AND GREEN BEAN SALAD - CAFE DELITES
GREEN BEAN POTATO SALAD — THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
ARUGULA, POTATO, AND GREEN-BEAN SALAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ROASTED POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE - BITE ME MORE
ITALIAN POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
RECIPE: SPINACH SALAD WITH GREEN BEANS, NEW POTATOES
SWEET POTATO, SPINACH & GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH CASHEW DRESSING …
GREEN BEAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
SPINACH SALAD W/POTATOES, OLIVES + FETA | HEALTHY DELICIOUS
CHINESE SPINACH SOUP » WHAT'UP NOW
ITALIAN POTATO SALAD WITH GREEN BEANS - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GREEN BEAN, SPINACH, AND BEET SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GREEN BEAN AND SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make potato salad with green beans and onions?Transfer potatoes and green beans to a large bowl; add onion and, if desired, mint. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
How to cook potatoes and green beans on the stove?Directions. Place the potatoes in a large pot, and fill with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Throw in the green beans to steam after the first 10 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut potatoes into quarters. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with fresh basil, red onion, salt and pepper.
What goes well with green beans and potatoes?Delicious salad of green beans, potatoes, red peppers, and goat cheese goes perfectly with chicken or pork. Experiment with other potato types such as purple and other soft cheeses, such as garlic and herb. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water.
What are the best recipes to make with beans and potatoes?Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and thyme in a large bowl. Add potatoes, beans, and red onion. Gently toss.