SIMPLE ROASTED BEET RELISH
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add peeled, cubed beets to a medium mixing bowl along with avocado oil (see notes for oil-free option), salt, and cumin.
- Roast beets for 35-40 minutes, or until fork tender and slightly golden brown / caramelized, tossing once at the 20-minute mark to ensure even baking. The longer they bake, the more tender and caramelized they become, but be careful not to overcook / burn, or they can become crispy and tough.
- Once roasted, add back to the mixing bowl from earlier and season with maple syrup, lime zest, and lime juice, and mix. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice for acidity, lime zest for citrus flavor, cumin for smokiness, salt to taste, or maple syrup for sweetness. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Use immediately (on our Roasted Plantain Black Bean Bowl!), or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. If the beets get dry in the fridge, add a bit more lime juice or a dash of water or olive oil before serving to make them saucier. Not freezer friendly.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 half-cup serving, Calories 75 kcal, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Protein 1.9 g, Fat 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 235 mg, Fiber 3.2 g, Sugar 8.7 g, UnsaturatedFat 2.05 g
"I LIKE to serve beet relish with corned beef and cabbage. The relish provides an interesting combination of flavors, and it is best made several days ahead. It's a very colorful addition to the table."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Chill thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts :
BEET, RED ONION AND HORSERADISH RELISH
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap beets in double thickness of foil. Roast beets on oven rack until tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Mix in onion and horseradish.
- Peel beets; cut into 1/3-inch dice. Add to onion mixture. Cover; chill 1 to 4 days.
Ina Garten's Roasted Beets from Food Network are sweet, aromatic and slightly sharp from the raspberry vinegar and orange juice tossed in at the end.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths.)
- Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beets are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND RED ONION
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the beets, garlic and rosemary on a large piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and add a splash of water. Fold the foil up into a pouch and seal the edges. Transfer to the oven and cook until the beets are easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes. When done, remove the beets from the pouch and set them aside until cool enough to handle. With a paper towel rub the skins from the beets. Cut the peeled beets into bite-size cubes. Mince the roasted garlic.
- Combine the beets, garlic, chickpeas, red onion, pickles and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to mix. Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the cotija and cilantro and serve.
ROASTED BEET, RED ONION AND CRANBERRY RELISH
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wrap beets in double thickness of aluminum foil. Cut onions through root end into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Place onion wedges in medium bowl; toss with oil. Arrange onion wedges, cut side down, on baking sheet. Place beets directly on oven rack. Roast beets until tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes and onions until brown and tender, turning once, about 1 hour. Peel beets; cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Chop onions coarsely.
- Using on/off turns, coarsely chop cranberries in processor. Add beets and onions; blend briefly to chunky consistency. Transfer to bowl; mix in honey, horseradish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 day. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
"When I'm looking for a different way to put cranberries on the menu, this unique side comes immediately to mind," reports Donna Smith of Victor, New York. "Paired with beets, the berries are tasty and tangy...and their ruby-red color really brightens up my holiday dinner table."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. , In another saucepan, heat cranberry sauce over medium heat until melted. Add orange juice, orange zest and salt. Drain beets; gently stir into cranberry mixture. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED-BEET AND PICKLED-RED-ONION SALAD
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the red beets in a roasting pan and the white beets in another roasting pan. Drizzle each pan of beets with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cover pans with foil; roast about 1 1/2 hours, until beets are just tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine the sliced red onions and vinegar in a small bowl, and let stand until the onions soften, about 30 minutes.
- Gently rub off beet skins. Cut larger beets in half; transfer to a serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, lift onions out of vinegar; arrange over beets. Whisk horseradish into vinegar remaining in bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beets and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper; toss to combine, and serve.
CRANBERRY RELISH WITH PEARL ONIONS
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook onions 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain. Peel onions, and cut in half. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cover, and cook over medium-low heat until cranberries burst and onions are tender, about 40 minutes.
ROASTED BEETS WITH FETA
This colorful and elegant side dish is so easy to make. I love making this with beets and shallots straight from our local farmers' market. Green onions or chives may be substituted for the shallot if you prefer.
Provided by Shandeen Gemanis
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake beets in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once done, remove from oven, and allow to cool until you can handle them. Peel beets, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together shallot, parsley, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar in a bowl until blended; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To assemble the dish, place the warm, sliced beets onto a serving dish, pour vinaigrette over the beets, and sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 243 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
ROASTED BEET, RED ONION, & GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH HONEY-OREGANO VINAIGRETTE
Deep, dark, ruby roasted beets soaked in honey-dijon oregano vinaigrette top a medley of spring greens. Add creamy, tangy goat cheese and a sprinkling of icy red onions, and that's all it takes to achieve salad nirvana.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub the beets with a vegetable brush and wrap each one in foil. Place on a cookie sheet to catch the juices and roast in the oven for about 50 minutes until tender.
- Unwrap the beets and place them in a medium bowl. Cut into 1-inch pieces right in the bowl, touching the beets minimally as they'll stain your fingers and everything else (which is why it's easiest to cut them right in the bowl instead of on a cutting board).
- Whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and chopped fresh oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the vinaigrette over the beets and gently toss. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Swish red onion in a bowl of cold water and rinse to remove any bitterness. Add more water and a few cubes of ice. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Toss greens in remaining vinaigrette and divide between four separate places. Top with beets and add a coin of goat cheese. Sprinkle with red onion and top with a sprinkling of fresh ground pepper and a few extra bits of fresh oregano, if you have it.
ROASTED BEETS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FETA
This is an amazing recipe for fresh beets, if you don't have any fresh beets you can substitute two 15-ounce cans drained small whole beets, halved or if they are large then quarter them, but I have to say that fresh beets are better! --- for the fresh beets you can boil them or I prefer to roast them in the oven in foil in a 400°F oven for about 30 minutes or until just fork-tender --- this is just as delicious cold as it is served hot! --- prep time does not include roasting the beets and cooking the onions.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Quarter the beets if they are large, if they are small then just cut in half.
- In a large bowl whisk together cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, black pepper and salt.
- In a slow steady stream whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil whisking continuously until well combined.
- In a large skillet cook the sweet onions in about 3-4 tablespoons olive oil with 1-2 teaspoons sugar until golden brown (about 15-18 minutes) season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked beets, browned onions and feta cheese; to the dressing in the bowl; stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 26.8, Sodium 1095.2, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 22.1, Protein 8.8
BEET RELISH-CANNING RECIPE
- In a large non reactive saucepot combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer-stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pack hot relish into hot sterile jars.
- Leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe rims and adjust two piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- If your elevation is higher than 1000 feet consult the altitude chart posted in the Canning Forum.
More about "roasted beet red onion and cranberry relish recipes"
FESTIVE ROAST BEEF WITH CRANBERRY AND RED ONION RELISH | RECIPE ...
Cuisine BritishServings 10
ROASTED BEETS, CARROTS, AND SWEET ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED RED ONION RELISH - YOUR GUARDIAN CHEF
CRANBERRY RELISH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED GREEN BEAN, RED ONION AND BEET SALAD RECIPE - BON APPETIT
ROASTED BEETS WITH PINE NUTS, DILL, & RED ONION RECIPE
CRANBERRY-ONION RELISH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY FRESH CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
ROASTED BEET AND RED ONION SALAD - SIMPLE MEZZE RECIPE
SAUTéED BEETS WITH RED ONIONS - RICARDO
BEET, RED ONION & HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
14 ROASTED BEET RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR ROASTED BEETS & ONIONS | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
ANNE'S FOOD: ROASTED BEETS & RED ONIONS - BLOGGER
ROASTED BEET AND APPLE RELISH - COOKING WITH MICHELE®
CRANBERRY AND RED ONION RELISH – A CHRISTMAS RECIPE - AIMSY'S …
EASY PICKLED BEETS AND RED ONIONS - INSPIRED FRESH LIFE
CRANBERRY AND ONION RELISH RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
BEET RELISH RECIPE WITH HORSERADISH AND CABBAGE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST ROASTED BEETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND RED ONION RECIPES
ROASTED SWEET BEET RELISH - RIVER COTTAGE
CABBAGE AND BEET SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED BEET & HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE - EATINGWELL
ROASTED BEETS AND PEARL ONIONS WITH PISTACHIO VINAIGRETTE
TROUT WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND LOW BUSH CRANBERRY RELISH
10 BEST RED BEETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED CARROTS, BEETS, AND RED ONION WEDGES - RECIPES
ROASTED BEET, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE TART
RED CABBAGE AND BEET RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
ROASTED BEETS WITH RED ONION, POBLANO AND LIME - KITCHEN …
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS AND ONIONS - COOKING WITH MICHELE®
You'll also love