CARAMELIZED ROASTED BEETS
Provided by Ann
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the beets, onions, olive oil, brown sugar and salt until all the veggies are coated in oil and well mixed.
- Spread the mixture out over the prepared pan and bake for 45 - 60 minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes or until the beets are tender and the onions are caramelized.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in a sealed container in the fridge until serving time. A little crumbled blue or goat cheese is marvelous on top.
ROASTED BEETS AND ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Blanch onions in a large pot of boiling water 1 minute, then drain. Trim and peel.
- Tightly wrap onions and beets in double layers of foil to make 5 packages (2 of onions and 3 of beets) and roast until tender, 30 to 40 minutes for onions and about 1 hour for beets.
- When beets and onions are cool enough to handle, discard foil. Slip off skins and stems from beets and cut into wedges.
BEETS WITH ONIONS
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions, stirring often for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and vinegar; reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add beets to onions; add salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
ROASTED BEETS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FETA
This is an amazing recipe for fresh beets, if you don't have any fresh beets you can substitute two 15-ounce cans drained small whole beets, halved or if they are large then quarter them, but I have to say that fresh beets are better! --- for the fresh beets you can boil them or I prefer to roast them in the oven in foil in a 400°F oven for about 30 minutes or until just fork-tender --- this is just as delicious cold as it is served hot! --- prep time does not include roasting the beets and cooking the onions.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Quarter the beets if they are large, if they are small then just cut in half.
- In a large bowl whisk together cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, black pepper and salt.
- In a slow steady stream whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil whisking continuously until well combined.
- In a large skillet cook the sweet onions in about 3-4 tablespoons olive oil with 1-2 teaspoons sugar until golden brown (about 15-18 minutes) season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked beets, browned onions and feta cheese; to the dressing in the bowl; stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 26.8, Sodium 1095.2, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 22.1, Protein 8.8
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND RED ONION
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the beets, garlic and rosemary on a large piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and add a splash of water. Fold the foil up into a pouch and seal the edges. Transfer to the oven and cook until the beets are easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes. When done, remove the beets from the pouch and set them aside until cool enough to handle. With a paper towel rub the skins from the beets. Cut the peeled beets into bite-size cubes. Mince the roasted garlic.
- Combine the beets, garlic, chickpeas, red onion, pickles and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to mix. Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the cotija and cilantro and serve.
ROASTED BEET, ONION, AND ORANGE SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the stems and tails off the beets. Do not peel. Line the bottom of a baking pan with foil. Place the beets in the pan and toss them with half of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Trim both ends off the pearl onions. Then toss them with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Add pearl onions to the beets and roast an additional 15 minutes, until beets and onions are tender.
- Peel and remove the membranes from the oranges with a sharp paring knife. Cut the oranges in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thin slices. Seed the slices, if necessary.
- Peel and quarter the beets. Lay the beets on a large platter. Top the beets with the orange pieces. Scatter the roasted onions around the beats.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hazelnut oil, coriander, and orange juice. Whisk until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and sprinkle with coriander, toasted hazelnuts and grated cheese. Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap beets in parchment-lined foil. Roast until tender, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, drizzle onions with oil, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove skins from beets; cut beets in half if large and leave whole if small. Toss beets with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and the herbs. Arrange onions on a platter. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with beets; garnish with oregano flowers.
ROASTED BEETS WITH FETA
This colorful and elegant side dish is so easy to make. I love making this with beets and shallots straight from our local farmers' market. Green onions or chives may be substituted for the shallot if you prefer.
Provided by Shandeen Gemanis
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake beets in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once done, remove from oven, and allow to cool until you can handle them. Peel beets, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together shallot, parsley, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar in a bowl until blended; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To assemble the dish, place the warm, sliced beets onto a serving dish, pour vinaigrette over the beets, and sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 243 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
ROASTED BEETS & ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Preheat oven to 350 Cube beets into large cubes and combine with onion wedges in baking pan & mix Drizzle oil & vinegar over the mix then add fresh Rosemary & Thyme and salt & pepper to taste Cover & roast in oven for an hour, stirring occasionally to coat the beets & onions with the vinegar & oil. When your beets & onions are softened and your sauce is carmelized you are ready to serve.
ROASTED BEETS 'N' SWEETS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a bowl, toss the beets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
- Bake beets 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet. Continue baking 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 calories, Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 447.8 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
ROASTED-BEET AND PICKLED-RED-ONION SALAD
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the red beets in a roasting pan and the white beets in another roasting pan. Drizzle each pan of beets with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cover pans with foil; roast about 1 1/2 hours, until beets are just tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine the sliced red onions and vinegar in a small bowl, and let stand until the onions soften, about 30 minutes.
- Gently rub off beet skins. Cut larger beets in half; transfer to a serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, lift onions out of vinegar; arrange over beets. Whisk horseradish into vinegar remaining in bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beets and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper; toss to combine, and serve.
CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND BEETS
As retired farmers, my husband and I enjoy delicious, down-home foods. These onions and beets have just the right amount of sweetness, so they complement a variety of main dishes.-Violet Klause, Onoway, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place beets in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; cool slightly. Peel and quarter beets; set aside., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; add sugar and vinegar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently., Add the beets, salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid to skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 258mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "roasted beets and onions recipes"
10 BEST ROASTED BEETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED POTATOES, CARROTS AND BEETS | A TASTE OF MADNESS
ROASTED BEET WITH ONION SALAD – AS SEEN ON DINNER: IMPOSSIBLE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EASY ROASTED BEETS - FOODIECRUSH.COM
ROASTED BEETS + ONIONS WITH BLOOD ORANGES – AMIE VALPONE
PERFECT ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SWEET AND SOUR ROASTED BEETS & ONIONS | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
ROASTED BEETS CARROTS AND SWEET ONIONS - CREATE THE MOST …
SAUTéED BEETS WITH RED ONIONS | RICARDO
ROASTED BEET AND ONION SALAD | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
ROASTED BEETS WITH ONION AND ARUGULA - MY SARATOGA KITCHEN TABLE
SEASONAL ROASTED VEGGIES WITH CARAMELIZED ONION AND BEETS
ROASTED BEETS AND SAUTEED BEET GREENS | ONIONS | BOSTON ORGANICS
ROASTED BEETS AND PEARL ONIONS WITH PISTACHIO VINAIGRETTE
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS AND ONIONS - COOKING WITH MICHELE®
ROASTED BEETS AND SPRING ONIONS | SMALL BITES BY JESSICA
SAUTéED BEETS AND BEET GREENS WITH RED ONIONS AND GARLIC
ROASTED BEET AND RED ONION SALAD - SIMPLE MEZZE RECIPE
ROASTED ONIONS AND BEETS - DURKEE® FOOD AWAY FROM HOME
ROASTED CARROTS, BEETS, AND RED ONION WEDGES - RECIPES
ROASTED BEETS, CARROTS & ONIONS | COOL BEAN COOKING
SWEET FRESH-ROASTED BEETS WITH ONIONS | FOOD DEVOTED
ROASTED BEETS WITH GREEN ONIONS (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE + PALEO)
ROASTED BEETS WITH RED ONION AND LIME - CEDAR DOWN FARM
ROASTED BEETS POTATOES ONIONS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PERFECT ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED BEETS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS | 5 INGREDIENTS, UNDER 40 …
ROASTED BEETS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND FETA - CLOSET COOKING
CHARCOAL-ROASTED BEETS AND RED ONIONS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
ROASTED BEETS, CARROTS, AND SWEET ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED BEET, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE TART
HOMEMADE PICKLED BEETS AND ONIONS RECIPE - THE …
ROASTED YELLOW BEETS WITH ONIONS – ARTS&FOOD®
ROASTED ONIONS AND BUTTERED BEETS WITH BLUE CHEESE RECIPE
You'll also love