ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a 3-quart saucepan heat olive oil. Add carrots and onions and cook until soft. Add peppers and cook 2 minutes more. Add potatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through and starting to fall apart, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use a stick blender, food processor or blender to puree soup. If necessary, return to pot and reheat. Garnish each portion with 1 teaspoon of pesto. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110 calorie, Fat 5.4 grams, SaturatedFat 0.7 grams, Carbohydrate 15.2 grams, Fiber 2.8 grams, Protein 2.9 grams
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
We got this recipe from a good friend and Merchant Marine in New Hampshire. My husband and our two small children liked it so much that I started raising yellow peppers. We enjoy it in the middle of summer or on a cool fall day. -Amy Spurrier Wellsburg, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 cups (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Halve peppers; remove and discard tops and seeds. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and leeks in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. , Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Finely chop peppers; add to potato mixture. Cool slightly., In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 807mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
- 1. Lay 6 pepper halves, cut-side down, on a baking sheet; broil until well charred, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plastic bag; seal for 10 minutes. Slip off and discard the skins. Coarsely chop the roasted peppers, then set aside.
- 2. Melt the butter in a soup pot. Add the onions, leeks, salt, and pepper; sauté over low heat about 10 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- 3. Coarsely chop the remaining 6 pepper halves; add to the pot with the potatoes, reserved roasted peppers and 5 cups broth. Simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Puree in a food processor, adding a bit more broth if it's too thick. Refrigerate to chill. Serve in tiny cups, garnished with the chives.
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place peppers on oiled cookie sheet and place in oven. Roast peppers, turning occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the skins puffs up and is mostly blackened. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to sweat.
- While peppers are roasting, melt butter over low heat and cook onion gently with salt, pepper, and cumin for 1015 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aroma is released. Sprinkle flour over and cook, stirring, another 5 minutes. Stir in stock or water and bring to the simmer. Turn off heat and set a food mill fitted with fine sieve over pot.
- Unwrap the bowl of peppers; they should be very soft. Pull out and discard cores. Place contents of bowl, juice and all, into food mill and pass peppers through. Remove mill from pot and clean out pepper skins and seeds by rotating blade backwards. Whisk contents of pot thoroughly and simmer 10 minutes for the flavors to come together. Whisk in milk, pass through food mill again into clean pot, heat gently and serve.
CREAMY ROASTED PEPPER SOUP
This soup is so satisfying all by itself or served with homemade croutons, a hunk of crusy bread, or a grilled cheese sandwich. It is pretty simple to make and you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste. Feel free to use all red peppers, or a mix of red, yellow, and orange. If you prefer not to roast the peppers yourself, use a jar of roasted peppers. Enjoy!
Provided by Oliver Fischers Mo
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To Roast the Peppers:Cut the insides out of the peppers so that you have large flat pieces of peppers. Lay the peppers skin side up on a pan and lightly oil them. Roast the peppers in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Place peppers in a zipper top bag and allow to sit for several minutes. (The steam will help seperate the skins from the peppers). Remove the skins from the peppers and roughly chop them.
- For the Soup:Heat olive oil and butter in the pan.
- Add shallots, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes, roasted peppers, and vegetable stock.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an imersion blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in sour cream and dill.
- Serve! :).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.6, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 6.9, Sodium 27.2, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 3.4, Protein 3.2
RAINBOW ROASTED PEPPER SOUP
One afternoon I threw this soup together. It is simple, pretty, light and flavorful. Try making homemade vegetable broth, it tastes the best in this recipe. If you do not have time it also tastes good with store bought.
Provided by Leslie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) , halve all peppers (remove seeds) and peel garlic.
- Place halved peppers, cut side up in shallow baking dish. Place one garlic clove in each half and squeeze lemon juice generously over peppers. Roast for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile pour vegetable broth into a 2 quart sauce pan and add fennel seeds. Bring to boil, cover and simmer.
- When peppers are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool. When cool enough to touch peel skin from peppers.
- Strain fennel seeds from broth and return to a boil. Add thyme and simmer 15 minutes, reducing amount of broth.
- Slice a 1 inch section from each color of pepper and cut into pieces. Set aside for later garnishing.
- In a blender, place remaining peppers, garlic and a 1/2 cup broth on blend just long enough to shred the peppers, but not puree them. You want to see the different colors. Pour the blended peppers into the broth and stir well. Add garlic salt and black pepper to taste, then add garnishing pepper pieces and enjoy. Do not boil or cook any longer as the colors will fade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 928.9 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP AND ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH SERRANO CREAM
- To roast peppers:
- Using a long-handled fork char the peppers over an open flame, turning them, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the skins are blackened. (Or broil the peppers on the rack of a broiler pan under a preheated broiler about 2 inches from the heat, turning them every 5 minutes, for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the skins are blistered and charred.) Transfer the peppers to a bowl and let them steam, covered, until they are cool enough to handle. Keeping the peppers whole, peel them starting at the blossom end, cut off the tops, and discard the seeds and ribs. (Wear rubber gloves when handling chilies.)
- Make the pepper soup:
- In a heavy saucepan cook the shallot, the thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the shallot is soft, add the bell peppers and 1 1/2 cups of the broth, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the peppers are very soft. In a blender purée the soup in batches until it is very smooth, forcing it as it is puréed through a fine sieve set over the pan, cleaned, and whisk in the cream, enough of the additional broth to reach the desired consistency, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. The soup may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and reheated.
- Make the tomato soup:
- Spread the tomatoes, skin side down, in one layer in 2 foil-lined jelly-roll pans, add the garlic to 1 of the pans, and bake the tomatoes and the garlic in a preheated 350°F. oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the tomatoes are very soft and their skin is dark brown. Let the tomatoes and the garlic cool in the pans on racks. In a heavy saucepan cook the shallot, the orégano, salt and pepper to taste in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the shallot is soft, add the tomatoes, the garlic (skins discarded), and 1 1/2 cups of the broth, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes. In a blender purée the soup in batches until it is very smooth, forcing it as it is puréed through a fine sieve set over the pan, cleaned, and whisk in the cream, the additional broth if necessary (both soups should have the same consistency), the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. The soup may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and reheated.
- Make the serrano cream:
- In a blender blend together the chilies, the garlic paste, and the créme fraîche until the mixture is combined well. (Be careful not to overblend the mixture or the cream may curdle.) Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a small bowl. The serrano cream may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and brought to room temperature before serving.
- To serve the soup:
- For each serving ladle 1/2 cup of each soup into 2 glass measuring cups, pour the soups simultaneously into a shallow soup bowl from opposite sides of the bowl, and drizzle some of the serrano cream over each serving.
SUPERB YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
I first tasted this sunny-looking soup with yellow peppers at a luncheon hosted by a good friend. It's simple and superb when served warm with a dollop of sour cream...or you can chill it for a refreshing change of pace in summer. -Linda Nilsen, Anoka, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion and potato in oil and butter if desired for about 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute or until garlic is tender., Stir in the broth, bay leaf, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. , Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly; puree in batches in a blender. Return to pan. Stir in buttermilk; heat through. Serve hot or cold; garnish with sour cream and chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP
Really tasty soup. Delicious and warming on a cold autumn day.
Provided by daisydoo40
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut into quarters. Place them on a baking tray and and lightly brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place them into the oven for 6-8mins at 180C, until the skins just start to look charred.
- Place the water and stock cube in a saucepan. Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the chopped vegetables become tender.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and when cool enough to handle, put them into a sealed plastic bag and let them cool. Once they have cooled, remove from the bag and peel off the charred skin. Chop the flesh into small pieces and add to the saucepan along with the tinned tomatoes.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and and add the fresh basil. Whizz everything together with a hand held blender, taste and check for seasoning.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or splash of cream.
ROASTED PEPPER SOUP
Very simple but tasty low fat soup with is very healthy
Provided by kuzeyboy
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Chop peppers and onions into chunks
- Place peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes in baking tray. Drizzle with oil and roast in oven for 15 mins
- Desolve stock cube into boiler water
- Mix all ingridients together and liquidise until smooth
- Season to taste
YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
adopted 9/15 and addition of unsalted vegetable broth 2/23/07. Note I used a light vegetable broth not dark or roasted.
Provided by drhousespcatcher
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle and boiling stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Puree in food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and olive oil.
- For a lower fat version use no fat parmesan cheese or omit. Do not use olive oil.
- For Vegetarian do not use chicken broth. Use vegetable broth. For Vegan omit cheese also or use a vegan sub.
ROASTED PEPPER AND LENTIL SOUP
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heating element in your oven and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves, yellow bell pepper halves, and orange bell pepper halves onto prepared baking sheet with cut sides down.
- Roast peppers under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place the blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Steam as they cool until the skin has loosened completely, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Cut peppers into small dice.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and carrot in hot oil until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, tarragon, thyme, and paprika; continue to cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir roasted peppers, tomatoes, water, and hot sauce into the peppers mixture, place a cover on the pot, and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot; add lentils, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender or food processor no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse several time to get the soup to be only slightly chunky. Repeat processing until all soup has been blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 12.8 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 720.3 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "roasted yellow pepper soup recipes"
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - CREAMY, HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHILLED ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SPICY ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
ROASTED BELL PEPPER SOUP RECIPE – NOT ENOUGH CINNAMON
CHILLED OVEN-ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - ELLICSR.CA
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED PEPPER SOUP WITH COLORFUL YELLOW AND RED PEPPERS
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - KYLEE COOKS
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER AND TOMATO SOUP WITH SERRANO CREAM …
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER & TOMATO SOUP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
TWO-COLOUR CREAM OF ROASTED BELL PEPPER SOUP - RICARDO
SWEETCORN AND ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - CIRCUS GARDENER
YELLOW BELL PEPPER SOUP | RICARDO
RED & YELLOW BELL PEPPER SOUP - ROSE REISMAN - ART OF LIVING WELL
COOKLYBOOKLY: ROASTED PEPPER SOUP
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP — KELSEY MURPHY
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP WITH BASIL CREAM - JENNY BRISTOW
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP WITH GINGERED CUCUMBER
MOROCCAN LENTIL AND ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - THE …
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP - HOUSE OF YUMM
ROASTED RED AND YELLOW PEPPER SOUP DUO - DIABETIC FOODIE
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - PRIMA
20 EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
ROASTED PEPPER SOUP | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER SOUP - COOKING THE KITCHEN
RED AND YELLOW PEPPER SOUP RECIPE. HOT OR COLD - LEVANA COOKS
ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER AND ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH CREAM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fresh peppers and garlic for Soup?Place halved peppers, cut side up in shallow baking dish. Place one garlic clove in each half and squeeze lemon juice generously over peppers. Roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile pour vegetable broth into a 2 quart sauce pan and add fennel seeds. Bring to boil, cover and simmer.
How to make soup with milk and red peppers?Whisk contents of pot thoroughly and simmer 10 minutes for the flavors to come together. Whisk in milk, pass through food mill again into clean pot, heat gently and serve. You could also make this soup with red peppers. Better yet, make both and serve a ladle of each in the same bowl.
How do you cook peppers and onions in a pan?Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to sweat. While peppers are roasting, melt butter over low heat and cook onion gently with salt, pepper, and cumin for 1015 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
How do you cook bell peppers and garlic together?Place halved peppers, cut side up in shallow baking dish. Place one garlic clove in each half and squeeze lemon juice generously over peppers. Roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile pour vegetable broth into a 2 quart sauce pan and add fennel seeds. Bring to boil, cover and simmer. When peppers are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.