SWEDISH SOUR CREAM AND CAVIAR SAUCE FOR SALMON
The absolute best sauce to serve with grilled salmon, steamed artichokes, and boiled new potatoes in the summertime. Lumpfish caviar can be found in gourmet food stores or cheaper at IKEA. Wonderful with salmon, it's also great with other more mild fish dishes.
Provided by Myleen Sagrado Sjödin
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, stir together sour cream, creme fraiche, mayonnaise, dill, and white pepper. Carefully mix in caviar. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
FRESH CHUM SALMON CAVIAR
- In a large glass or stainless steel container, mix salt into water, stirring thoroughly until dissolved. With wire-mesh deep frying basket or other 1/4-inch metal screen, gently separate eggs from egg sack over bowl, by rubbing sack along screen. Take care not to scrape membrane from the egg sack, even if it means leaving some eggs behind. Pour brine mixture over eggs and allow to soak 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Soaking times for other salmon species: Sockeye or Red: 6 minutes; Pink or Humpy: 8 minutes; Coho or Silver: 10 minutes; King or Chinook: 14 minutes). While eggs soak, use tweezers to remove bits of membrane and broken eggshells. When soaking is complete, pour eggs into colander to drain. Rinse eggs quickly with cold water and drain for a few minutes. Cover colander with plastic wrap, place over bowl, allowing it to continue draining in refrigerator.
- After 8 to 12 hours, transfer the now-sticky eggs into glass bowl. Gently fold in just enough olive oil to make the individual eggs shiny and slick.
- Serving Suggestions: Salmon or ?red? caviar prepared this way is much less salty than the commercial variety, allowing the sweet flavor of the fresh roe to emerge. Because of the lower salt levels however, it should be refrigerated and consumed within 3 to 4 days. Its mild flavor lends itself to serving with cream cheese and crackers. A traditional favorite is salmon caviar atop celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese. Salmon caviar is delightful when added to salads with creamy herb or ranch-style dressing. This mild version of salmon caviar will be a welcome alternative to the more strongly flavored ?ikura? salmon eggs used in Japanese sushi or sashimi.
SALMON CAVIAR SPREAD
- Flake salmon, discarding skin and bones.
- Combine cream cheese, lemon juice,onion and horseradish.
- Add salmon and half the caviar.
- Mix well, spoon into serving dish and top with remaining caviar.
- Serve with assorted crackers and party rye bread.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, scallion, milk, salt, and pepper. With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
- Serve with chips, toasts, or crackers.
TARAMOUSALATA (GREEK CAVIAR SPREAD)
Yummy Greek caviar spread that will impress your guests and leftovers freeze well! Serve chilled with pita or crunchy bread. Leftovers can be frozen and thawed in the refrigerator when you have a craving again.
Provided by Tracy Tobias
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prick the potato in several places with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potato in the preheated oven easily pierced with a fork, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool completely in refrigerator. Peel and chop.
- Place the bread slices in a shallow dish; pour the milk over the bread to cover completely. Allow to soak a few minutes before squeezing as much moisture as possible from the bread, discarding the milk.
- Blend the bread, potato, carp roe, onion, lemon juice, and olive oil together in a food processor until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add more olive oil if needed to reach a desired consistency; chill. Garnish with the Greek olives to serve.
SALMON CAVIAR TORTE
- In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise and butter and stir in eggs, celery, onion, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture in an oiled 9-inch springform pan and sprinkle evenly with scallion greens, chives, and dill.
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Drop dollops of cream-cheese mixture over herbs and spread carefully (keeping herb layer intact) to form an even topping. Chill torte, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, run a thin knife around edge of pan and remove side. Transfer torte to a serving plate and spread caviar over top. Garnish torte with dill sprigs and serve with toast points.
From Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). This is a great dip for a party and is wonderful served with potato chips or crackers.
Provided by Miraklegirl
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill scallion, milk, salt and roe, With a rubber spatula, fold in three quarters of the salmon roe, Garnish with remaining roe and sprigs of fresh dill,.
RED CAVIAR DIP
- Mix sour cream, green onions, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon chives in medium bowl. Gently fold in 1/4 cup caviar. Transfer to serving bowl. (Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.)
- Sprinkle dip with remaining 1 teaspoon chives and 3 tablespoons caviar.
People also searched
More about "salmon caviar spread recipes"
SALMON FILLET WITH CAVIAR RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
2010-07-06 · In large skillet, combine 4 cups water, 2 tablespoons basil, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add salmon, skin side down.
- In large skillet, combine 4 cups water, 2 tablespoons basil, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add salmon, skin side down. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 6 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Just before serving, place salmon on serving platter. (If desired, carefully remove skin.) Garnish plate with basil and lemon slices. Place caviar on paper towel to drain; sprinkle caviar over salmon. Serve salmon with sauce and bread slices.
TARAMA - DAVID LEBOVITZ
2014-09-08 · Salmon Spread Recipe: Salmon Rillettes. Eggplant and Yogurt Spread with Saffron. Labneh. Categories: Recipes Spreads, Dips & Dressings. Tags: eggs fish roe …
EASY SMOKED SALMON CANAPES - TATYANAS EVERYDAY FOOD
SALMON SPREAD RECIPE, SALMON DIP RECIPE, SMOKED SALMON SPREAD
2015-02-27 · **Note: Lox (as pictured) or hot-smoked salmon flakes work in this recipe. How to make the Best Salmon Spread: 1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine 8 oz …
10 BEST CAVIAR CREAM CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-09-04 · Keto Spinach Salmon Roulade Lowcarb Nocarb. caviar, hard cheese, egg, smoked salmon, cream cheese, frozen spinach. Kielbasa and Cucumber Crostini + Canapé …
See details »
10 BEST SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-30 · salt, smoked salmon, dried chives, caviar, green onions, freshly ground black pepper and 3 more Smoked Salmon Spread That Recipe cream cheese, salmon, liquid …
See details »
CROSTINI (WITH SMOKED SALMON TOPPINGS!) - RASA MALAYSIA
2020-04-03 · Crostini Recipe. What is crostini? Crostini is an Italian appetizer made of toasted bread with a variety of toppings such as cheese, smoked salmon, caviar …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the Crostini Toasts. Mix the olive oil with salt and ground black pepper. Brush the olive oil mixture on one side of the toast. Arrange the baguette slices on two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until lightly toasted, 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets. You may make Crostini bread one day in advance. Keep in the plastic bag for storing.
- Crostini Toppings: Combine the sour cream, lemon juice and salt together. Stir to mix well. Spread the sour cream on each piece of the toast. Top with sliced smoked salmon, caviar and garnish with dill. Serve immediately.
EGG AND CAVIAR SPREAD | RICARDO
On a work surface, finely chop the hard-boiled eggs. In a bowl, use a fork to combine and crush the chopped eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Season with salt and …
- On a work surface, finely chop the hard-boiled eggs. In a bowl, use a fork to combine and crush the chopped eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture evenly into a 5 1/2-inch (14 cm) ramekin. Set aside.
- Cover the egg mixture with a thin, even layer of cream cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
CAVIAR RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
2011-07-29 · Oyster Stew with Caviar. mld102108_1206_oystr_soup.jpg. View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. Freshly shucked oysters luxuriate in a broth of cream and …
SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR BUNDLES RECIPE | GLOBALNEWS.CA
2014-01-27 · Add the buckwheat and all-purpose flours, a pinch of salt, several grinds of pepper and the sugar. Beat just until combined. Cover and let rest at room temperature for 1 …
LACTOSE-FREE CAVIAR DIP - FODMAP EVERYDAY
2017-12-29 · When ready to serve, scrape dip into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining salmon roe and sprigs of dill. Offer dip with choice of dippers. If you are going to …
20+ SMOKED SALMON APPETIZER RECIPES | MYRECIPES
2019-12-10 · Fresh Corn Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Chive Cream Recipe. Traditional blinis consist of flour pancakes topped with sour cream and caviar, but our version …
SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR ROLLS
Recipes; Smoked Salmon and Caviar Rolls; Smoked Salmon and Caviar Rolls. Appetizers | Easy | 30 minutes. Preparation time. 10 minutes Appetizers Easy Total …
43 EASY AND TASTY CAVIAR RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
Mozzy Chicken Baked Sandwiches. caviar • Chicken breast (organic, skinless) • sea salt and pepper • Extra virgin olive oil • eggs beaten with a bit of milk • Sauce • …
See details »
CAVIAR SPREAD - BIGOVEN.COM
Caviar Spread recipe: Try this Caviar Spread recipe, or contribute your own. Add your review, photo or comments for Caviar Spread. American Appetizers …
See details »
SMOKED SALMON AND CAVIAR SPREAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
Save this Smoked salmon and caviar spread recipe and more from You Shouldn't Have Gone to So Much Trouble, Darling, 10th Anniversary Edition to your own online …
See details »
FOUR-LAYER CAVIAR DIP RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Stir together chopped eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, and salt in a medium bowl. Lightly grease a 6-inch ring mold with cooking spray. Spoon egg mixture evenly on bottom …
See details »
SALMON CAVIAR ON CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Notes: Look for fresh salmon caviar (ikura) at Japanese markets and specialty food stores. Or use canned salmon caviar. Spread sour cream in the bottom of a …
See details »
BEST CAVIAR RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
2020-02-28 · Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon, Caviar and Dill Cream. Go to Recipe. Although Wolfgang Puck is best known for putting smoked salmon, caviar and …
See details »
SALMON CAVIAR DIP RECIPE - RED MAGAZINE
2010-12-17 · Beat together all the ingredients – apart from the salmon roe, and keeping aside a pinch of dill – until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl, and spoon over the roe and …
See details »
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american very-low-carbs appetizers lunch seafood american canadian easy no-cook dinner-party holiday-event easter spreads salmon fish dietary christmas new-years thanksgiving pacific-northwest low-carb low-in-something saltwater-fish number-of-servings technique