GREEN ONION PANCAKE
- Place flour in a bowl. Add hot water slowly in a steady stream, mixing well after each addition. Add cold water; mix until no dry spots remain. Knead dough lightly by hand until a ball is formed. Place dough in an oiled resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Place scallions in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Roll dough out onto a floured work surface into a thin rectangle using a rolling pin. Spread butter all over; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Spread scallions over the dough, leaving top edge of the dough empty. Roll dough up carefully from the opposite edge, keeping scallions in place and pulling dough a little with every roll to make it tight.
- Cut the roll into 3- to 4-inch-long pieces by hand; pinch and seal both ends. Lightly flatten each piece into a circular pancake.
- Heat a nonstick saucepan with oil; cook pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Crush 2 sides of the pancakes with spoons or ladles until flaky.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 12.2 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 51.6 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
SAVOURY PANCAKES WITH CARAMELISED ONION
Pancakes don't have to be sweet, and if you are wanting to go down the savoury pancake route then these Caramelised Onion and Cheddar Savoury Pancakes are the ones to put on your table.
Provided by Dannii
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well and crack in the egg and pour in the milk and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Whisk until you have a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the onions. Fry until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and cook until it has reduced.
- Add the spinach and wilt and set aside.
- Wipe a frying pan with oiled kitchen paper and heat over a moderate heat. Ladle the batter into the centre of the pan and tilt the pan so the batter spreads thinly around the pan. Cook undisturbed for 30 seconds.
- Flip the pancake and heat the other side for 30 seconds. Once cooked, put the pancake on a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Assemble the pancakes by adding a line of the onion mixture and then the grated cheese. Fold and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 pancake, Calories 192 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Sodium 198 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 4 g
CARAMELIZED ONION-POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE
These are all my favorite things, carmelized onions, potatoes and corn. I rarely use the red onion and use a vidalia instead but the red would also add a nice color. I also most times use basil in place of the rosemary as it is a favorite too! This is lower in fat and a better for you potato pancake! From a fitness website.
Provided by LAURIE
Yield 8 pancakes, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Peel the cold potatoes carefully with a paring knife and gently grate them with the coarse side of a cheese grater and set aside.
- Lightly spray a sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to brown. Add the corn, garlic and herbs and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the potatoes, vegetables, egg whites, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and gently fold together.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning, and form into eight 2" patties.
- Place a non-stick griddle, skillet or lightly sprayed sauté pan over medium heat and toast each side of the cakes golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.9, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 32.6, Carbohydrate 23.7, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.2, Protein 4.4
SIMPLE CARAMELIZED ONION PANCAKES
I came up with this looking for an inexpensive lunch dish and or a quick bread accompaniment for stews and stir fries. My kids love them anytime of day or night, hot or cold, with mustard, ketchup, or sweet chili sauce or just in the hand and out the door.
Provided by Maeven6
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Dice the onion coarsely or slice.
- Add oil to a skillet or wok and caramelize the onions and garlic together. This may take up to 30 min and can be done the night before, in mass, or early. You want them a caramel looking brown color.
- Add your tarragon or herbs in the last 5 minutes of this process.
- Let the onions cool and prepare the batter.
- In a medium size bowl beat your eggs, milk and 2 Tablespoons of oil together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix dry batter ingredients, flours, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir well. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and milk mixture stirring until fairly smooth. Some lumps are fine.
- Now stir in the cooled caramelized onions and herbs.
- Fry as you would any other pancake on a hot sprayed or oiled griddle at around 400°F.
- Serve with stew, as lunch, snack, or breakfast.
PENNE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
"This hearty recipe is a favorite of my fly-fishing buddies when we take our annual trip to British Columbia," Paul Humphrey relates from Allyn, Washington. "The pine nuts are a delicious surprise."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pine nuts and garlic in butter until golden brown; set aside. , In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the olives, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drain pasta; add to onion mixture. Stir in feta cheese and pine nut mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374 calories, Fat 22g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 627mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
SLOW-COOKER CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Slow-cooker caramelized onions will make any meal taste better. Toss them on a burger or sandwich, or in scrambled eggs or omelets. These also make an amazing onion dip. -Heather Ingersoll, Seattle, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Add all ingredients to 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover, cook on high, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned and tender, about 5 hours. Uncover and cook 1 additional hour, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve as desired. Refrigerate in airtight container., Freeze option: Freeze cooled onions in freezer containers up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 110mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over a low heat.
- Add the onions with a generous pinch of salt and cook slowly for 30-40 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking or burning until they become soft and golden. If the onions start to catch, add a splash of water to the pan and mix well.
- Add the sugar and vinegar to give them a sweet, slightly sharp chutney flavour. Keep cooking on a low heat for another 5 mins, stirring occasionally until the mix is sticky, the sugar has dissolved and the vinegar has reduced. The onions are now ready to serve, or use in a recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
- Halve both onions through root end. Using the tip of your knife, cut a V-shaped notch around root to remove it (this will ensure that all slices separate when you cut the onion).
- Place 1 onion half on your cutting board so root end is facing you, then thinly slice onion lengthwise, starting at one side and working all the way to the other (so your knife runs through the root halfway through, not starting or ending at the root end). You're going for slices that are 1/4"-1/8" thick.
- Repeat same slicing procedure for remaining onion halves. It's a lot of onion! But it will cook down quite a bit, so it's best to start with a large quantity.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large saucepan over medium until melted and sizzling. You can use a skillet to cook the onions, but a pan with high sides will keep the onions from flipping out onto your stove. Using a pan that also has a wide base gives water room to evaporate, allowing the onions to caramelize rather than steam.
- Instead of dumping in all of the onions at once, which would fill the pot and make it hard to stir (which would then cause the ones on the bottom to cook faster), start by adding just a couple of large handfuls to the pot. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft and starting to turn translucent, 1-2 minutes. Stir in a few more handfuls of onion and repeat cooking and stirring process until you've added all the onions. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook onions, stirring every few minutes to prevent them from sticking and coloring too much in any one place, until blonde-colored, 15-20 minutes. This is the point of doneness for French onion soup! If you feel like onions are getting too brown around the edges or they're sticking, reduce your heat a bit.
- If you're going for onions that are both softer and more caramelized (say for a patty melt or onion dip), keep cooking, stirring on the regular, until onions are unmistakably golden brown, another 15-20 minutes. Because most of the water has cooked off at this point, there might be some bare spots where the pot could start to burn. If this happens, stir in a splash of broth or water. The liquid will dissolve the cooked-on bits, which the onions will re-absorb.
- For extra-dark onions, the kind that make a great burger topping, cook until they start to almost blacken around the edges and go slightly crisp, another 10-15 minutes. This requires constant attention so they don't burn. No one said caramelized onions were quick!
- Let onions cool in the saucepan, then use or transfer to an airtight container and chill. They will keep up to 1 week.
More about "simple caramelized onion pancakes recipes"
PRAWN AND CARAMELISED ONION PANCAKES RECIPE BY PAT GOVENDER
SIMPLE CARAMELIZED ONION PANCAKES FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
THE BEST CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPES WE CAN FIND
EASY CARAMELIZED ONION FLATBREAD PIZZA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
MASHED POTATO PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONION AND GRUYERE
QUICK CARAMELIZED ONIONS IN 10 MIN - IT IS A KEEPER
CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO CARAMELIZE ONIONS | ALLRECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION-POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
DINNER PLANS: TRANSFORM CARAMELIZED ONIONS INTO FOUR MEALS
20+ SWEETLY SAVOURY WAYS WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS
CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY CARAMELIZED ONIONS - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
APPLE & CARAMELIZED ONION POTATO PANCAKES | ONION RECIPES, …
BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONIONS | RICARDO
CARAMELIZED ONIONS - GIMME SOME OVEN
MAKE CARAMELIZED ONIONS IN THE OVEN, SAVE YOURSELF FROM STIRRING …
POTATO PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND APPLES
BEST CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - HOW TO CARAMELIZE ONIONS
CRISPY CARAMELIZED ONION RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
PRAWN AND CARAMELISED ONION PANCAKES RECIPE BY PAT GOVENDER
EASY AND DELICIOUS CARAMELIZED CABBAGE & ONIONS RECIPE
SIMPLE CARAMELIZED ONION PANCAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
35 ONION RECIPES THAT PROVE THEY DESERVE TO BE FRONT AND CENTER
PARMESAN PANCAKE WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS RECIPE
DELICIOUSLY GOOD CARAMELIZED ONION PATTY MELT RECIPE
CHICKPEA PANCAKES #2 - CARAMELIZED ONION & FETA | MEGA ADDICTIVE
CARAMELIZED ONION VEGGIE PâTé - RICARDO
CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE PIONEER WOMAN BEST RECIPES
KITCHEN HACK: HOW TO MAKE CARAMELIZED ONIONS IN THE OVEN
PARSNIP PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & SOUR CREAM - RECIPE ...
CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
POTATO PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONION - FIGS WITH BRI
OVEN CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
HOW TO MAKE CARAMELISED ONIONS - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
NOURISH PA: HOW TO MAKE CARAMELIZED ONIONS | EASY ONION RECIPES
APPLE & CARAMELIZED ONION POTATO PANCAKES - MASTERCOOK
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CARAMELIZED ONIONS - WHOLESOME YUM
ADAM LIAW'S BROCCOLI AND CARAMELISED ONION GRATIN RECIPE | GOOD …
CHEESY SAVORY PANCAKES WITH GREEN ONIONS - BABAGANOSH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #lunch #kid-friendly #dietary #inexpensive
You'll also love