SOUR CHERRY SALSA
- If using fresh cherries, coarsely chop, then stir together with sugar in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. If using frozen cherries, thaw in a small bowl, reserving any juices in bowl, then coarsely chop and stir together with sugar in same bowl. Stir in onion, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
NORTHWEST CHERRY SALSA
We have five cherry trees-and I like to use every bit of fruit that doesn't get eaten right off of them. We enjoy salsa on a variety of dishes, especially this turkey. -Margaret Slocum, Ridgefield, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3/4 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve as a condiment with chicken, turkey or pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 18 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GROUND CHERRY SALSA
I love salsa with a hint of natural sweetness and ground cherries are a perfect addition. This is a relatively mild salsa; if you like it spicier, don't remove the jalapeno seeds, or increase the amount of jalapeno. I use only organic produce, so I don't peel the cucumber.
Provided by nch
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix lime juice and red onion together in a bowl and let stand stand for about 5 minutes, as this mellows the raw onion taste.
- Add ground cherries, cherry tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cucumber, cilantro, vinegar, and salt to the bowl and mix well. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 29.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 42.1 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
SOUR CHERRY SALSA
- If using frozen, thaw and reserve juice for some other use.
- Mix cherries and sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in onion, jalapeno, lime, cilantro and salt.
- Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.8, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 588.6, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 21.9, Protein 2
- Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Serve with your favorite chips.
SOUR CHERRY AND NECTARINE SALSA
- Combine all ingredients in nonreactive bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld. Serve with grilled chicken, pork, and other meats or with corn chips. Keeps for several days refrigerated.
- Place the cherries, sugar and cinnamon in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar. Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and stir in the water until smooth. Add to the sauce and cook until sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes longer. Strain. Serve over vanilla ice cream, poundcake or poached pears.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 138, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 3 milligrams, Sugar 32 grams
KOSHER FRESH CHERRY SALSA
- Combine boiling water and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Let stand until pepper flakes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cherries, red bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, sugar, and salt into the bowl with red pepper flakes. Let stand until flavors combine, about 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 160.7 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
SOUR CHERRY CHUTNEY
- Prepare jars, lids and bands.
- In a large pot, combine cherries, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, cloves and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes or until onions are translucent and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Ladle into prepared jars leaving a 1/2" headspace. Check for air bubbles. Adjust headspace if needed. Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
- NOTE: If using frozen sweetened sour cherries, measure when frozen, let thaw and drain off half the juice. Reduce brown sugar by 2 tablespoons.
CHERRY TOMATO SALSA
Turn backyard cherry tomatoes into a colorful, and tasty,salsa.
Provided by admin
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash tomatoes and peppers before chopping. Peel onion and garlic.
- Chop cherry tomatoes (I usually cut them in half or in quarters, depending on size), peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into pint jars, leaving ½ inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with damp paper towel.
- Cover with two-piece lids. Process in water bath canner for15 minutes.
- Makes about 4 pints of salsa.
More about "sour cherry salsa recipes"
10 BEST SOUR CHERRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CANADIAN CHERRY PRODUCERS | RECIPIES FOR SOUR …
JALAPENO-SPICED GROUPER WITH SOUR CHERRY SALSA - CTV
SMOKY SOUR CHERRY TEQUILA SALSA - HEALTHY CANNING
QUICK AND SIMPLE CHERRY SALSA RECIPE
SOUR CHERRY SALSA : 3 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHERRY SALSA | CHERRY SALSA, SOUR CHERRY RECIPES, CHERRY RECIPES
FRESH CHERRY SALSA GOAT CHEESE APPETIZER - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
ORIGINAL CHERRY SALSA
HOW TO MAKE A SWEET-SPICY CHERRY TOMATO SALSA | MEXICAN RECIPES
10 BEST SOUR CHERRY DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK & EASY, CHERRY TOMATO SALSA - SOUTHERN BYTES
30 SOUR CHERRY RECIPES SURE TO MAKE YOUR SUMMER SWEETER
GROUPER WITH SOUR CHERRY SALSA - THE GRUBBY HUBBY
HOMEMADE CHERRY SALSA RECIPE FOR CANNING - A FARM GIRL IN THE …
A CHERRY SALSA RECIPE TO DELIGHT YOUR SENSES! - FRESH BITES DAILY
GUSTO WORLDWIDE MEDIA - GROUPER WITH SOUR CHERRY SALSA
OH SWEET CHERRY SALSA - SHE'S COOKIN
SMOKY SOUR CHERRY TEQUILA SALSA - PINTEREST
SOUR CHERRY JAM - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
RECIPE: SWEET & SPICY FERMENTED CHERRY SALSA - HOBBY FARMS
SIMPLY DELICIOUS ALLERGY FRIENDLY RECIPES - THE PRETTY BEE
SOUR CHERRY SALSA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | SOUR CHERRY RECIPES, …
93 SOUR CHERRY RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
HONEYED SOUR CHERRY SALSA WITH LEMON THYME - LCBO
FRESH CHERRY SALSA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SALSA MADE WITH FRESH CHERRIES & CHIPOTLE - THE WICKED NOODLE
EASIEST FRESH CHERRY SALSA RECIPE - EVERYDAY EILEEN
CHERRY SALSA MICHIGAN RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOUR CHERRY SALSA | VALLEY TABLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for homemade cherry salsa?Homemade cherry salsa is perfect when consumed fresh or preserved. 4 pounds Bing Cherries, roughly 12 cups washed, stemmed, pitted 3 Jalapeno Peppers, washed, seeds and stems removed OR 1-teaspoon crushed red peppers 2 tablespoons Sea Salt, Kosher Salt or Pickling Salt
What does Bing cherry salsa taste like?It is in a class of its own and absolutely delicious. The sweet flavor of the Bing cherries mixed with cilantro, jalapeno peppers, red onions, lime juice and red wine vinegar knock this recipe out of the park. Enjoy this recipe for homemade cherry salsa with tortilla chips, pork dishes, and as a side with chicken fajitas.
Can you make cherry salsa in a pressure cooker?In addition to using a steam or hot water bath canner to process cherry salsa, a pressure canner may also be used. Homemade cherry salsa is perfect when consumed fresh or preserved. 4 pounds Bing Cherries, roughly 12 cups washed, stemmed, pitted
What is the best way to make homemade salsa?Homemade cherry salsa is perfect when consumed fresh or preserved. 4 pounds Bing Cherries, roughly 12 cups washed, stemmed, pitted 3 Jalapeno Peppers, washed, seeds and stems removed OR 1-teaspoon crushed red peppers 2 tablespoons Sea Salt, Kosher Salt or Pickling Salt Before starting make sure to have a good cherry pitter on hand.