SKILLET BEEF AND POTATOES
Sirloin strips with red potatoes and fresh rosemary are seriously amazing and ready in a flash. The key is precooking potatoes in the microwave to speed the process. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 7-9 minutes. Drain. , Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is browned, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture., In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook potatoes until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320 calories, Fat 16g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 487mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW SIMMERED BEEF WITH POTATOES
- Drizzle the beef with 4 to 5 tablespoons of the EVOO and season with a little salt. Place the beef in large Dutch oven with the stock and enough water to just cover. Add the onion, bay leaves and 2 cloves of the garlic. Bring to a low boil and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours. Stir together the tomato paste and 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, then add to the pot. Add the pepper and wine and cover. Cook on the stovetop at a gentle simmer until very tender and falling apart, 2 1/2 to 3 hours (alternatively, transfer to the oven and roast at 325 degrees F). Cool and store. Reheat over medium heat or in a moderate oven.
- To serve, while the beef is reheating, boil the potatoes until tender and drain. Add the remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil to a pot over medium heat. Add the remaining clove garlic, stir for minute, then remove the garlic. Add the potatoes and crisp a bit. Season with salt, pepper and the rosemary.
SPICY SHEPHERD'S PIE
Taco seasoning adds zip to this hearty main dish. It's easy to top with instant mashed potatoes, which I stir up while browning the beef. -Mary Malchow, Neenah, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, olives, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. , Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516 calories, Fat 25g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 1337mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
SPICY BEEF WITH POTATOES
- Heat the oil over medium heat then add the onion & beef. Fry until the beef is no longer pink.
- Turn the heat onto medium-low then add the spices, parsley, & Worcestershire. Continue to fry for 10 minutes, make sure to stir frequently.
- Stir in the potatoes then continue to cook for 7 minutes. Serve with thick bread.
SPICY BEEF AND SWEET-POTATO STIR-FRY
- Thinly slice onion and garlic. Peel sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch -thick slices. Diagonally cut potato slices into thin strips and diagonally halve snow peas. Cut water chestnuts crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices and season with salt and pepper. Diagonally cut scallions into thin slices. In a small bowl stir together broth, hoisin sauce, brandy, and cornstarch until combined well.
- Heat a wok or large heavy skillet over high heat until a bead of water dropped on cooking surface evaporates immediately. Add 2 tablespoons peanut oil, swirling wok or skillet to coat evenly, and heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and stir-fry until softened. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes and stir-fry until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add snow peas and water chestnuts and stir-fry until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to wok or skillet and heat unrig just smoking. Stir-fry half of beef until browned and transfer to bowl. Add remaining tablespoon peanut oil and stir-fry remaining beef in same manner, transferring to bowl.
- Add broth mixture to wok or skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer broth mixture 1 minute. Return beef-vegetable mixture with scallions to wok or skillet and stir-fry until combined and heated through. Season stir-fry with salt and pepper and stir in sesame oil.
- Serve stir-fry over rice, garnished with scallions.
SPICY POTATO-BEEF SOUP
I do not remember where I found this recipe, but it's been one that I've enjoyed for some years. This is rather spicy, and you may want to cut down on the peppers. I generally omit the ground pepper and use 2 tsp. of pepper sauce, but am posting the recipe as I originally wrote it down.
Provided by duonyte
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large kettle, brown the beef and drain off the fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour.
More about "spicy beef with potatoes recipes"
BEEF TALLOW POTATOES WITH SPICY PAPRIKA RECIPE | FOOD
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and add water to cover by 1 inch. Season with 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- While potatoes cool, place beef fat in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low, stirring often, until rendered to about 1/2 cup melted fat, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
- Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Place a second rimmed baking sheet on potatoes, rimmed side up, and press down gently to crush potatoes without breaking them apart. Drizzle potatoes with half of the melted beef fat; turn potatoes to coat.
- Roast potatoes in preheated oven until bottoms are golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and drizzle with remaining melted beef fat; turn potatoes to coat. Return to oven, and roast at 500°F until crispy and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
GROUND BEEF AND POTATOES - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
QUICK CAJUN BEEF ON SPICED POTATOES - AN OREGON COTTAGE
20 SPICY BEEF RECIPES FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO THINK THEY …
SPICY BEEF JACKET POTATOES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ROAST WITH SPICY POTATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICY BEEF AND TOMATO POTATO SKINS TOPPED WITH …
10 BEST SPICY GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY BEEF & POTATO HAND PIES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
THE BEST BEEF STEW RECIPE (3 WAYS!) + VIDEO - A SPICY …
SPICY BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
CHINESE BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (土豆炖牛肉) - RED …
10 BEST SLOW COOKER SPICY BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY BEEF STEW RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE - NEW …
SPICED BEEF AND POTATOES RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
- To make the spice paste, combine all the ingredients in a food processor, and process for 1 minute, or until very finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Cook the meat quickly in small batches over medium-high heat until well browned. Drain meat on paper towels.
- Add the spice paste to the pan and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Return the meat to the pan with the coconut cream, tamarind sauce and 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) water, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender and almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
BEEF STEW RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPICY BEEF STROGANOFF WITH CUBED POTATOES IN GARLIC BUTTER
SPICY BRAISED BEEF SALAD - PINCH OF NOM
SPICY BEEF STEW - PEPPERSCALE
SPICY BEEF AND POTATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
SLOW COOKING RECIPES | SLOW COOKED MEAL | SLOW COOKER RECIPES
SPICY POTATOES, CABBAGE, AND CARROTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEEF AND POTATO STIR-FRY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST SPICY BEEF & POTATO EMPANADA RECIPE
SPICED BEEF MINCE WITH JACKET POTATOES AND YOGURT
MEAT PATTIES WITH POTATOES (CUTLETS) - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICED BEEF STEW WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY BEEF WITH WINE SAUCE AND ROASTED POTATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
SPICY CURRY BEEF POT PIE WITH POTATOES | CHEF SOUS CHEF
SPICY HAMBURGER SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
INDIAN KEEMA ALOO (GROUND BEEF AND POTATOES) RECIPE - DINNER, …
SPICY BEEF AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE- DINNER, THEN DESSERT
15 GROUND BEEF AND POTATO RECIPES THAT ARE EASY TO MAKE
20 WAYS TO SERVE SPICY POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
BEEF SPINACH AND POTATO CASSEROLE
BRAISED BEEF WITH POTATOES - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SPICY GARLIC POTATO (EXTRA CRISPY TIPS!) - TIFFY COOKS
SPICY BEEF AND MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #beef #potatoes #vegetables #african #easy #beginner-cook #moroccan #dietary #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #meat #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love