STRAWBERRIES AND BANANAS
This is my version of the fruit salad that Furr's cafeteria is famous for. This frut salad is great to eat in the summer time, or any time for that matter.
Provided by Dusty Byrd
Yield 3 quarts, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place sugar, water and corn starch in sauce pan.
- Let come to a boil and stirring constantly boil until it becomes almost clear.
- Add jello and let cool.
- Slice strawberries and bananas and add the syrup.
- a tsp of vanilla or almond flavoraing can be added.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.1, Fat 0.2, Sodium 20.9, Carbohydrate 30.6, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 24.3, Protein 0.9
STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MILK
- Place the strawberries, banana, ice cream, whole milk and condensed milk in a large blender; blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and garnish with a strawberry on the side of each glass. Top with sprinkles and serve immediately.
- Blend the banana, strawberries, yogurt, milk, honey, cinnamon and 1 cup ice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Roughly chop 1/2 cup of the walnuts, and finely chop the remaining 2 tablespoons, keeping them separate.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, roughly chopped walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla and zest. Fold in the bananas and strawberries. Fold the oil mixture into the flour mixture until just combined (it's OK if there are some lumps). Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and sprinkle the top with the finely chopped walnuts.
- Bake until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges, and let cool completely in the pan on a rack. The bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
This strawberry banana bread is great for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or dessert. Make sure you bake it in a 9x5-inch loaf pan because it rises high and beautifully.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Banana Bread
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter together in a large bowl. Mix in Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Fold in strawberries. Pour into the prepared pan and set on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 80 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.4 g, Cholesterol 39.5 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 249.8 mg
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Frozen berries and fruit keep these frosty smoothies extra thick. Best of all, the recipe is a great way to use up that last banana or two. -Christy Adkins, Martinez, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BANANA STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 6 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add bananas, egg, and vanilla extract; beat for 1 minute.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt over the banana mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in chopped strawberries. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.7 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 244.2 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
EASY STRAWBERRY-BANANA SMOOTHIES
Keep your morning fresh with a simple recipe that adds a blast of fruity flavor for the day ahead. The best part? You can skip that extra stop at the juice bar when you master your favorite smoothie. Once you learn how to make a smoothie with this easy 5-minute strawberry and banana smoothie recipe, you can have a better-for-you drink right at home. While we love this Strawberry-Banana Smoothie, feel free to use your favorite fruits and yogurt flavors, too.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In blender, place ingredients. Cover; blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 130 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
STRAWBERRY BANANA "ICE CREAM" RECIPE BY TASTY
- Cut bananas into coins and place in freezer in a sealable bag. Freeze overnight or until solid.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour contents into a loaf or small pan.
- Freeze one hour or until solid.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 16 grams
TRIFLE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CARAMEL-COATED BANANAS
- Make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with vegetable oil spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper, extending paper slightly at short ends; spray paper. Using electric mixer, beat 5 eggs, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl until mixture triples in volume and is thick enough to fall in heavy ribbon when beaters are lifted, about 12 minutes. (This means there is enough air and structure in the mixture to support the flour and batter.) Sift 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour over batter in 2 additions, gently folding just to combine after each addition. (To help prevent the batter from deflating, "fold" the flour in by cutting into the center with a rubber spatula; slide it across the bottom of the bowl, then up the sides, bringing up some batter each time.) Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons butter over and fold in gently (do not over mix or batter will deflate). Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 12 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; cool cake. Repeat with remaining ingredients and another pan to make second cake. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover cakes with foil and store at room temperature.)
- Make custard:
- Place milk in medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring to boil. Whisk yolks, sugar and flour in medium bowl until smooth. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return mixture to pan; whisk over medium heat until custard thickens and boils, about 4 minutes. Strain into medium bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Chill until cold, about 3 hours.
- Using electric mixture, beat cream in medium bowl to stiff peaks. Fold cream into cold custard. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make caramel syrup:
- Stir sugar and 1/3 cup water in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup turns deep amber, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally. Remove from heat. Add 3 tablespoons water (mixture will bubble vigorously). Stir until caramel is smooth. Pour caramel into medium bowl; mix in remaining 2 tablespoons water. Cool. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.)
- Assemble trifle:
- Sift generous amounts of powdered sugar over 2 kitchen towels. Cut around pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn each cake out onto prepared towels. Hold the cake in place, and gently peel off the waxed paper, pulling it straight back and almost parallel to the cake.
- Stir jam and 2 tablespoons rum in small bowl to blend. Cut each cake crosswise in half. Spread half of jam mixture over the golden sides of 1 piece of each cake. Gently press second piece of each cake onto jam.
- Cut cake sandwiches crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Arrange enough cake strips in 3 1/2- to 4-quart glass trifle dish or bowl to cover bottom, trimming strips to fit and allowing jam layer to show at sides. Brush cake layer with 2 tablespoons rum. Next, set up a decorative row of strawberries around the side of the bowl; then fill in center.
- Add banana slices to caramel syrup; gently stir to coat. Using slotted soon, remove banana slices, a few at a time, draining all excess caramel back into bowl. As with strawberries, layer half of banana slices atop berries, arranging some to show at sides of dish.
- Spoon half of custard over bananas, spreading to side of dish, using the back of the spoon to press the custard to the edge of the bowl in a clearly defined layer. Repeat layering with cake, rum, berries, banana slices and custard. Arrange remaining cake strips atop custard; press gently to compact. Brush with 2 tablespoons rum. Cover trifle. Chill at least 4 hours and up to 10 hours. Cover remaining caramel syrup; store at room temperature.
- Halve additional berries. Slice additional bananas. Arrange fruit atop trifle, leaving 1-inch plain border at edge. Brush fruit with enough caramel syrup to glaze. Spoon cream into pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe cream around fruit. Garnish with mint, if desired.
BANANAS AND STRAWBERRIES WITH SOUR CREAM
This is one of my husbnads all-time favorites. You may also add some fresh strawberries, if desired. There are no exact measurements to this recipe. Add more or less of any ingredient to your liking.
Provided by dojemi
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Slice bananas and put into a serving bowl.
- Add desired amount of sour cream.
- Top with desired amount of strawberries.
- Mix together lightly to blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 716.1, Fat 50.8, SaturatedFat 31.4, Cholesterol 105.2, Sodium 133.6, Carbohydrate 63, Fiber 9, Sugar 27.7, Protein 10.1
More about "strawberries and bananas recipes"
10 BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 STRAWBERRY-BANANA DESSERTS | TASTE OF HOME
Author Hazel Wheaton
STRAWBERRY BANANA POPSICLES | COOK IT REAL GOOD
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD - IMMACULATE BITES
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
STRAWBERRIES AND BANANA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
BAKED STRAWBERRIES AND BANANAS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
STRAWBERRY-BANANA CRUMBLE - NOBLE PIG
CREAMY STRAWBERRY BANANA SALAD - CINCYSHOPPER
7 BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPES - THE TASTY TIP
THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA CAKE - KITCHEN DIVAS
STRAWBERRY BANANA PANCAKES - ALIDA'S KITCHEN
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH BANANAS + STRAWBERRIES? BEST RECIPES
BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA PUDDING RECIPE (3 WAYS) - THE TASTY TIP
STRAWBERRY & BANANAS - TIPSY BARTENDER
STRAWBERRIES AND BANANAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE (3 INGREDIENTS) | LIVE EAT LEARN
LAYERED STRAWBERRY BANANA CAKE RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
STRAWBERRIES AND BANANAS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
PANCAKES WITH STRAWBERRIES & BANANAS - CRAVE COOK CLICK
STRAWBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
STRAWBERRY BANANA SALAD - GOODENESS GRACIOUS
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD - SIMPLE JOY
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD WITH BLUEBERRIES - JULIA'S ALBUM
EASY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE | BERLY'S KITCHEN
BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA CAKE RECIPE - THE FOOD HUSSY
STRAWBERRY BANANA FRENCH TOAST - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
STRAWBERRY COOKIES - JO COOKS
CHOBANI STRAWBERRY BANANA YOGURT NUTRITION - THERESCIPES.INFO
STRAWBERRY BANANA JAM – EASY RECIPE WITH LESS SUGAR
10 HEALTHY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
EASY STRAWBERRY BANANA PUDDING RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
10 BEST BREAKFAST BANANAS STRAWBERRIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #low-protein #healthy #desserts #fruit #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #berries #strawberries #number-of-servings
You'll also love