BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Both sweet and savory, this make-ahead brunch entree is stuffed with ham and Gruyere cheese and served with maple syrup. This family-friendly dish goes well with a green salad.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Make a deep slit in each bread slice to create a pocket. Stuff each with 1 slice of ham, then divide cheese evenly among pockets.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl until combined, and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish. Add bread slices in a single layer, gently pressing into egg mixture, and let soak 15 minutes. Flip bread You can soak the bread in the egg mixture for just 30 minutes, but the French toast will be even more delicious if you let it sit overnight. and gently press again into egg mixture. Let soak 15 minutes. (If preparing the day before, refrigerate up to 12 hours, loosely covered, then let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Top bread with remaining ham and cheese. Bake until egg mixture is set and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, with rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Broil until bread is toasted and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot with maple syrup.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well until incorporated. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Fold all ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated but not completely smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and let reduce by 1/3.
- French Toast:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large saute pan and then add butter. Dredge the bread in the batter and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. Divide filling between 2 pieces of the bread top with the remaining 2 pieces of bread. Transfer French toast to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cut each French toast in half and serve with the cinnamon syrup and, if desired, a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.
STUFFED OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST
Serve this Stuffed Overnight French Toast while the cream cheese is all warm and melty, and your houseguests will think they stumbled into a five-star B&B! Cinnamon swirl bread, cream cheese and fresh raspberries and blueberries make this Stuffed Overnight French Toast recipe truly delectable.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix reduced-fat cream cheese and sugar until blended; spread onto bread. Place 4 bread slices, cream cheese-sides up, in 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with remaining bread slices, cream cheese-sides down.
- Whisk eggs and milk until blended; pour over bread. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 min. or until center is set and top is lightly browned. Serve topped with fruit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST BY CHEF ANDREA DRUMMER RECIPE BY TASTY
Inspired by bread pudding and crème brûlée, this stuffed French toast recipe features thick slices of brioche bread soaked in an egg custard, baked to golden brown perfection, and topped with torched turbinado sugar for a satisfying crunch. Made by Chef Andrea Drummer of the Original Cannabis Cafe (@OGCannabisCafe)
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the French toast: Using a paring knife, make a small slit in the side of each slice of bread, going almost to the other side, but not all the way through. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the granulated sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean seeds and bring to a simmer. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl. Slowly a ladleful of the cream mixture and whisk to temper the eggs so they do not scramble. Remove the cream mixture from the heat and slowly stream the egg mixture into the pot, whisking to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the sliced brioche in a 9 x 13-inch (19 x 27 cm) baking dish. Pour the cooled custard mixture over the bread. Let soak for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Transfer the soaked brioche to a clean 9 x 13-inch (19 x 27 cm) baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the toast bakes and cools, make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and strawberries. Beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fully combined and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make the macerated strawberries: In a separate medium bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir well, then set aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
- Make the chantilly cream: In a separate medium bowl, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Pipe the ricotta and cream cheese mixture into the center of each slice of French toast, being careful not to overfill.
- Top each slice of French toast with a generous sprinkle of turbinado sugar. Brûlée the sugar with a kitchen torch until melted and golden brown.
- Add the blueberries and maple syrup to the macerated strawberries and stir to combine.
- Garnish each slice of brûléed French toast with a spoonful of the berry mixture, a dollop of chantilly cream, and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST II
This is a nice change from ordinary French toast. I make this more than the standard recipe. Although this is my family's favorite version, it is very versatile. You can substitute peanut butter for the cream cheese, use different jams or preserves, different extracts or spices - the options are practically limitless! Serve with maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Provided by ELISAW
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spread 4 slices oatnut bread on one side with cream cheese. Spread remaining 4 slices on one side with raspberry jam. Press cream cheese slices together with jam slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a medium, shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and almond extract.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat. Place in the skillet, and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.7 calories, Carbohydrate 65.5 g, Cholesterol 272.2 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 577.1 mg, Sugar 34.7 g
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Take the time needed to fuel up first thing in the morning with this amazingly good, easy French toast! Breakfast eaters usually eat better overall than those who skip.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spread one side of 6 slices bread with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese. Spread one side of remaining slices with 2 teaspoons of the preserves. Place bread with cream cheese and bread with preserves together in pairs.
- Beat egg whites, milk and sugar with wire whisk until smooth; pour into shallow bowl.
- Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray; heat griddle to 325°F or heat skillet over medium-low heat. Dip each side of sandwich into egg mixture. Cook sandwiches 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 580 mg, Sugar 18 g, TransFat 0 g
STUFFED AND BAKED FRENCH TOAST
This recipe has become our traditional Christmas morning breakfast.... Assemble this delicious French-toast casserole the night before, and while everyone is opening presents on Christmas morning, pop it into the oven for a special, fuss-free breakfast that's ready in no time at all!
Provided by Boyz 5
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine cheese, pecans, brown sugar, syrup and 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon;reserve.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Reserve 2 bread slices. Spread one side of each remaining bread slice with cheese mixture; layer at an angle in 13" by 9" well-greased baking dish, cheese-side up, ending with reserved plain bread slices.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over slices.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Remove plastic wrap.
- Combine remaining granulated sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over slices.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.1, Fat 21.9, SaturatedFat 9.8, Cholesterol 200.8, Sodium 439.8, Carbohydrate 51.4, Fiber 2, Sugar 20.5, Protein 13.9
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This is a terrific stuffed french toast recipe. Great when you have overnight guests or for Sunday or Holiday Brunch. In a pinch, you could use canned apple pie filling instead of fresh apple. This is a great breakfast comfort food!
Provided by BlondieItaliana
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven 375 dg.
- Put 1/2 bread cubes in ungreased 11x7" dish. Cover with all of the cream cheese. Sprinkle with apple. Top with remaining bread. Beat eggs, milk, & cinnamon until blended. Pour over top & bake 35 minute
- Dust with sugar & serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.3, Fat 10.5, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 129.4, Sodium 231.1, Carbohydrate 16.7, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 7.2
HOT BROWN-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This savory spin on baked French toast has all the components of a Kentucky hot brown--tender turkey, juicy tomato, thick slices of white bread, meaty bacon and a generous drizzle of mornay sauce that's broiled until golden. The savory custard base not only keeps the bread moist (no one likes a dry sandwich), but also adds another layer of flavor. We used a combination of grated pecorino and shredded sharp Cheddar for the mornay sauce; the pecorino is a classic addition to the hot brown, while the Cheddar adds creaminess and browning. Top with more pecorino, fresh parsley and a pinch of paprika, and you'll have hot browns for a crowd!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F; lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, 2 tablespoons of the pecorino, 1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until smooth and combined. Lay 7 slices of bread on a cutting board. Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoon shredded Cheddar on top of each slice. Top each with 2 slices of tomato, then 2 slices of turkey, folding the turkey as needed to fit. Place the remaining 7 slices bread on top to form 7 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Dip both sides of each sandwich half into the custard mixture and transfer to the prepared baking pan, arranging in 2 long shingled rows. Pour any remaining custard over the sandwiches.
- Spray a large piece of foil with nonstick spray. Place the foil sprayed-side down on top of the baking pan, crimping the sides of the foil around the pan to seal. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the custard is set but still slightly jiggly, about 10 minutes more. Remove the baking pan and switch the oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, add the bacon to a large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and almost completely rendered, 8 to 12 minutes (it will cook the rest of the way and crisp up under the broiler). Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Next, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook until bubbling and no longer raw, 1 to 2 minutes. While continually whisking, slowly pour in the milk. Cook, whisking continuously, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining Cheddar (about 1 cup), 2 tablespoons pecorino, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 3/4 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper and whisk until combined. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- When the French toast is baked, pour the cheese sauce over it, making sure the bread is evenly coated, then sprinkle with the chopped bacon. Broil until bubbling at the edges and light golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, paprika and another couple pinches of pecorino.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST LOAF RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cream cheese, egg, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, brioche breads, eggs, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter, sugar, strawberry, bananas, powdered sugar
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- For the cheesecake filling: in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- For the French toast egg mixture, combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Dip slices of brioche in egg mixture.
- Transfer brioche slices and cover bottom of a loaf pan, using a half or a quarter of a slice if necessary.
- Cover the slices with cheesecake filling and spread evenly.
- Layer another row of brioche slices and top with slices of strawberry and banana.
- Layer one last row of brioche slices using small pieces of the bread to fill in the holes.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Invert the loaf onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Brush top of loaf with butter and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes or until sugar starts to carmelize.
- Garnish with more strawberries, banana, and powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 calories, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 16 grams, Sugar 29 grams
OVERNIGHT STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This brunch dish is so rich that no one will suspect each generous serving has just 3 grams of fat."I don't like to cook a lot in the morning so this make-ahead dish is perfect for us," says Brenda Childress of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Arrange 10 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread each slice with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Serve with strawberries and remaining syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 805mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
STUFFED BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- Directions: 1. Trim crust from bread. 2. Spray a 3 qt. baking dish with non-stick Pam coating. 3. Arrange half of bread in pan so that the entire bottom of pan is covered. 4. In a separate bowl, mix the 6 eggs, HALF & Half, vanilla and sugar. 5. Pour half of this liquid over the bread in the bottom of the pan. 6. In a separate bowl, combine the filling ingredients together(except the optional fruit) and mix until creamy. 7. Pour this filling over the moistened bread, then layer with optional fruit if desired. 8. Arrange the other half of the bread over the top of the filling. 9. Pour the rest of the original egg mixture over the top of the new layer of bread. 10. Sprinkle top with a dash of nutmeg. 11. Cover and let stand in the fridge overnight 12. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes 13. Serves 12 people.
BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Lightly beat next 6 ingredients; stir in milk and cream. Pour egg mixture over bread, turning once to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Preheat oven to 375°. Turn bread again to coat. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and, if desired, nutmeg. Sprinkle flour mixture over bread., Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Top with blueberries or raspberries; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 299mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "stuffed and baked french toast recipes"
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.4/5 (5)Calories 550 per serving
- Place half of the bread slices in a 3-quart baking dish. Spread with Cream Cheese Filling. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, and orange juice. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread stacks, covering all of the tops. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Arrange bread stacks in the prepared baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden, turning once. If desired, serve with syrup and/or fruit.
RECIPE FOR BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BED AND …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
STACKED AND STUFFED BAKED FRENCH TOAST | SPOON FORK …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | RECIPES - FRUGAL LIVING NW
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) - THE …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - MOMSDISH
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
BAKED FRENCH TOAST WITH BROWN SUGAR STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE
BAKED CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - SALLY'S BAKING …
FRENCH TOAST STUFFED WITH BANANAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST BAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BAKED CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST …
34 BEST SHEET PAN FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
OVEN BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE (IHOP COPYCAT) - KITCHN
10+ STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CINNAMON ROLL STUFFED BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
RECIPE(TRIED): BRUNCH RECIPES - STUFFED FRENCH TOAST, CHEESY HAM …
BERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - FOOD DOLLS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE RECIPE CRITIC
BAKED STRAWBERRY AND CREAM STUFFED CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST.
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE
THE BEST STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CHEESECAKE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | KING ARTHUR BAKING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #breakfast #oven #holiday-event #brunch #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook stuffed French toast?This Baked Stuffed French Toast is a perfect breakfast recipe. Fill brioche with cream cheese and jam, let it soak overnight, and simply place the casserole in the oven the next morning. The night before, grease a large casserole dish. Check that you can lay out 6 slices of bread evenly across the bottom of your casserole dish.
What are the ingredients in a French toast?Make this rich French toast with just five ingredients: cinnamon bread, chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella), milk, an egg, and vanilla extract. "Lemon zest and mascarpone stuffed into thick white bread slices, dipped in batter, pan fried, and smothered in fresh peach sauce," according to recipe creator Escapechef.
How to make the best French toast with eggs?Whisk the eggs together. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and salt. Gently pour the mixture over the French toast sandwiches. Allow it to soak for 1 minute. Then carefully using the help of a spatula, flip each sandwich over. Don't let it soak too long because if the bottom bread becomes too soggy, it's hard to flip.
How to make the perfect French toast sandwich?Whisk the eggs together. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and salt. Gently pour the mixture over the French toast sandwiches. Allow it to soak for 1 minute. Then carefully using the help of a spatula, flip each sandwich over.