BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
- Preheat oven, if using, to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil. Season the asparagus with black pepper. Take a quick count of the spear tips. Divide the total number by four. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until bacon is crisp and asparagus bundles are tender.
- For oven preparation, place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 minutes.
BACON WRAPPED GARLIC ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
A bundle of asparagus is drizzled with garlic steeped olive oil, wrapped in bacon and roasted. The flavor of this is outstanding.
Provided by Marie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Saute garlic and parsley over low heat, then set aside to steep.
- Remove ends from asparagus that are tough.
- Lay 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each strip of bacon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle garlic oil over each bundle.
- Wrap bacon around the stalks and secure with a toothpick.
- Place asparagus bundles on baking sheet and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.5, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 38.6, Sodium 485.6, Carbohydrate 24.7, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 2.8, Protein 12.9
Crispy asparagus rolled in bacon and topped with Progresso® bread crumbs makes a distinctive side dish ready in 20 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add parsley, lemon peel and cheese; toss well.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Butter shallow baking dish. Toss cooled asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide asparagus into 4 equal bundles. On work surface, arrange 2 slices of the prosciutto so they slightly overlap each other. Top with 1 asparagus bundle and roll up carefully in prosciutto. Place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and asparagus. Flatten tops of bundles slightly; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and crisp. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1180 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
My husband is a big asparagus fan, so I had to try this recipe. It's a mainstay when I want something unusual but simple for guests. For variety, you can leave off the sauce and serve the bundles chilled for lunch. -Donna Lohnes of Wooster, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-inch. Wrap each around five asparagus spears; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over bundles. Cover asparagus tips with foil., Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the onions. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove bundles to a serving platter and keep warm., In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 316mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
THIS is a dressy way to serve chicken breasts and it is so easy to prepare. I like to present this at a dinner that is a special occasion. It is very impressive.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry., Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken. Top with asparagus; roll up into a bundle. Secure with a pepper ring., Brush bundles with oil; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Place in a small greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 161mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
My mom gave me this recipe using green beans, but I like it much better with Asparagus. The asparagus is tender, with a slightly sweet, but tangy sauce.
Provided by Nelzgal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, butter and garlic in a bowl.
- Wrap the asparagus in bundles of 4-5 stalks with a piece of bacon. Place bundles in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the bundles and bake at 325°F until bacon is crispy.
- Remove and serve warm.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS STEAK BUNDLES
These steak rolls are packed with bold flavors and make for the perfect well-balanced entrée or tasty appetizer. Serve over rice or with a fresh arugula salad. This recipe was made in a Panasonic CIO.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Butterfly or pound steak with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 6 strips, approximately 2 inches wide by 5 inches long. Season both sides with Montreal steak seasoning and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to Medium-High on the "Grill" setting.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish; drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus for 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat oven to Medium-High on "Grill" setting.
- Line up steak strips next to each other in an assembly line. Cover evenly with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears on top, perpendicular to each steak strip. Top asparagus with 1 red pepper strip.
- Roll steak tightly around asparagus, angling it diagonally to avoid overlapping the steak. Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill steak bundles for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Cholesterol 49.6 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1924.6 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
ASPARAGUS BEEF BUNDLES
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop asparagus into boiling water and cook for 2 minutes; drain. Immediately plunge asparagus into a bowl of iced water.
- Mix cream cheese, horseradish, parsley, and chopped chives in a bowl. Lay thinly sliced beef onto a large sheet of waxed paper. Spread cream cheese mixture over each roast beef slice. Place one asparagus spear onto each slice so the tip overlaps an edge. Roll beef slice around the the asparagus. Secure by tying a chive around the wrapped asparagus.
- Arrange rolls on a plate and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 16.4 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 207.6 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the asparagus spears into 12 bundles. Carefully wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle, starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the tips. Secure the bacon-wrapped spears with a toothpick. Lay the bundles in a low-sided casserole dish. In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the asparagus bundles. Transfer the dish to the oven and roast until the spears have begun to wilt and the bacon looks fully cooked, about 25 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES
- To make the seasoned bread crumbs, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic and sauté briefly until pale gold. Add the bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper, and lower the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bread crumbs are toasted, about 3 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and add the parsley, lemon zest, and Parmesan. Toss well. (The crumbs keep, tightly sealed and refrigerated, for several days.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a shallow baking dish that is long enough to hold the asparagus. Toss the cooled asparagus with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the asparagus into 4 equal bundles. Arrange 2 slices of the prosciutto on a work surface so they slightly overlap each other. Place an asparagus bundle on top and roll up carefully in the prosciutto. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Flatten the top of each bundle slightly and sprinkle with one-fourth of the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roast in the oven until heated through and crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve at once.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the asparagus spears into 12 bundles. Cook bacon in the microwave until almost done, but still soft. Carefully wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle, starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the tips. Secure the bacon-wrapped spears with a toothpick. Lay the bundles in a low-sided casserole dish. In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the asparagus bundles. Bake until the spears have begun to wilt and the bacon looks fully cooked, about 15 minutes. (May take more or less time, check it after 10 minutes.)
More about "asparagusbundles recipes"
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ASPARAGUS & PROSCIUTTO BUNDLES | RECIPES
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil. If the asparagus are thick, peel them halfway up the stalk with a vegetable peeler. Immerse the asparagus in the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and put them immediately into a large bowl of ice water to set the bright green color. Allow to chill for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and pat the asparagus dry.
- Gather 6 to 8 asparagus spears into a bundle with the tips together, and wrap a slice of prosciutto securely around the middle. Repeat to make 6 bundles. Brush a rectangular baking dish (large enough to hold the bundles in one layer) with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Place the bundles seam side down in the baking dish, arranged side by side, with the tips facing the same way. In a small saucepan, heat the truffle butter and 1½ tablespoons of olive oil until the butter melts. Drizzle it over the bundles. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon fleur de sel, ½ teaspoon pepper, and the Gruyère and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the butter is sizzling and the cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve hot.
DELICIOUS ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - EASY ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS BUNDLES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.2/5 Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Place a slice of prosciutto onto each pastry square then top with a few asparagus spears and a slice of brie. Fold and pinch two corners together to form a bundle. Place the bundles onto the prepared baking sheet.
BEST BACON ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BACON ...
Occupation Food DirectorCategory Appetizers, Side Dish, SnackServings 8Total Time 55 mins See details »
ASPARAGUS PHYLLO BUNDLES RECIPE - EASY PARTY APPETIZER RECIPE
5/5 (3)Category AppetizersCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory BakedServings 12Total Time 25 mins See details »
BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide asparagus into five or six bundles, depending on the size of your asparagus, and carefully wrap a piece of bacon around each and secure with a toothpick. Place the bundles in a casserole dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then increase the heat to broil and bake for 5-6 minutes watching carefully and turning often, until the bacon is crisp.
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT REVIEWS, HOME ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
BEST BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE
See details »
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES | THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
- Take 4 spears of asparagus and wrap one piece of bacon around it, tucking the ends in under the bundle when you lay it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have all 8 bundles placed on a baking sheet. If you are NOT making the sauce, skip to the step where you bake them in the oven. If not, continue on with the instructions.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and garlic powder, mix until smooth and combined thoroughly.
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, TRISHA ...
4.8/5 (146)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 6 See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, ASPARAGUS
See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE | RECIPE | APPETIZER RECIPES ...
See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE | RECIPE | ASPARAGUS SIDE DISH ...
See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPES
See details »
ASPARAGUS BUNDLES RECIPE | ASPARAGUS RECIPES BAKED, BACON ...
See details »
You'll also love