TOMATO AND BIBB LETTUCE SALAD
- Combine the mayonnaise and vinegar in a medium bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Whisk in the olive oil and parsley.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter and top with the tomatoes, onions and olives. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and serve.
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD
- Carefully cut out the core from each head of lettuce and separate the leaves, but keep each head of lettuce together; discard any tough outer leaves. Because each head of lettuce will be reassembled, the easiest way to work is with one head at a time. First, place the leaves in a bowl of cold water to refresh them and remove any dirt, then lift out and spin-dry in a salad spinner.
- Place the leaves from a single head of lettuce in a bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, a few grinds of pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the shallots and chives, and 1 tablespoon each of the parsley, tarragon, and chervil. Then toss gently with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Repeat with the remaining heads.
- For each serving, arrange the outer lettuce leaves as a base on the plate and rebuild each head of lettuce, ending with the smallest, most tender leaves.
BIBB LETTUCE SALADS WITH CAPER DRESSING CAPS
- Place each half-head of lettuce on individual plates cut side down so the lettuce forms a mound on the plate. Arrange the radishes and cucumber slices around each lettuce mound. Place capers, dill, parsley, shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender. Turn blender on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil. Test seasonings in the dressing. Spoon the dressing evenly over the salads, capping the lettuce.
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, onion, blueberries, and walnuts.
- Drizzle with half of the Blueberry Vinaigrette, tossing to coat.
- Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- To prepare Blueberry Vinaigrette:.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 731.9, Fat 69.1, SaturatedFat 7.8, Sodium 297.8, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 6, Sugar 17.4, Protein 9.4
BIBB LETTUCE AND CELERY-LEAF SALAD
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oils in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Toss lettuce and celery leaves with just enough vinaigrette to coat in a large bowl.
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH HORSERADISH DRESSING
- Place eggs in a small pot, and cover with cold water by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Rinse with cold water, peel, and chop.
- Combine horseradish, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter,sprinkle with chopped egg, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
TOMATO AND BACON SALAD IN BIBB LETTUCE CUPS
This is a simple, tasty salad or appetizer with a nice presentation. You can also use endive instead of the Bibb lettuce. From Gourmet, this will make 24 appetizers.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl toss together tomatoes, bacon, onion, oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with shredded basil.
- Serve lettuce cups on a platter garnished with basil sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25.9, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 1.4, Sodium 18.6, Carbohydrate 1.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.8, Protein 0.7
More about "bibb lettuce salad recipes"
BIBB LETTUCE AND HERB SALAD | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
10 BEST BOSTON LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BIBB-AND-CITRUS SALAD - COUNTRY LIVING
CRISP BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
CREAMY BIBB-AND-HERB SALAD - COUNTRY LIVING
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH LEMON DILL DRESSING RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE | THOMAS KELLER
QUICK GUIDE TO BUTTER LETTUCE (BIBB LETTUCE) – A COUPLE COOKS
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD IDEAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BIBB LETTUCE AND HERB SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BIBB LETTUCE RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPéTIT
KENTUCKY BIBB SALAD RECIPE - MAY 6 AND MAY 7, 2022
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - NANCY SILVERTON | FOOD & WINE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS, ORANGES, AND FETA …
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP - PATI JINICH
WHAT IS BIBB LETTUCE AND HOW TO USE IT - THE SPRUCE EATS
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH VINEGAR-ROASTED BEETS RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD (VRP 036) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
BEST TOMATO AND BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | VALERIE'S HOME …
BIBB LETTUCE AND HERB SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE - WILLIAMS SONOMA
BIBB SALAD WITH BLACK TRUFFLE VINAIGRETTE - THE DEFINED DISH
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE AND CANDIED PECANS RECIPE …
BOSTON BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WILTED LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH ORANGE & CUMIN DRESSING - NOT NOT …
BIBB SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
PAN-ROASTED SALMON WITH BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - TODAY
BIBB & BLUE SALAD (MACARONI GRILL COPYCAT) | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH HERBED DILL DRESSING AND PARMESAN …
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD - RECIPES LIST
BLOOMING BIBB LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BIBB LETTUCE SALAD WITH SMOKY RANCH DRESSING - BETTER HOMES
KENTUCKY BIBB LETTUCE SALAD & BOURBON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
BIBB LETTUCE RECIPE - BIBB LETTUCE WITH SHAKEN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE ...
BIBB-LETTUCE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE, PEARS AND WALNUTS
BIBB LETTUCE WITH CITRUS HERB DRESSING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make bibb lettuce?4 heads Bibb lettuce. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. 2 tablespoons minced shallots. 2 tablespoons minced chives. 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves. 1/4 cup tarragon leaves. 1/4 cup chervil leaves.
Is bibb lettuce gluten free?This light and somehow rich-tasting leaf can be found all year round and makes an excellent vessel for gluten-free tacos and wraps, and can make a side salad sing with very little effort. It's more expensive than other lettuces, but once you start using it, you'll understand and appreciate why. What Is Bibb Lettuce?
What can I substitute for bibb lettuce?Use Bibb lettuce in a variety of ways. From wraps to salads to side dishes, there's a place on the table for this ingredient and you can substitute it for any butterhead lettuce, most tender greens, or in places where a large, single leaf is required.
What is the difference between Boston lettuce and bibb lettuce?The only real difference between the two is the size of the leaves and the color, Boston tends to be reddish, where Bibb is light green. Some say Bibb proves sweeter, but that's an observation based on the eater's personal taste. Though some say Bibb lettuce melts on the tongue like butter, this certainly is not true.