CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE
Browned butter, honey that's been cooked slightly to intensify its flavor, a measured amount of spice, and few extra eggs make this a pumpkin pie that's truly custardy and wonderfully delicious.
Provided by Claire Saffitz
Categories Thanksgiving Fall Dessert Pie Bake Pumpkin Honey Milk/Cream Spice Cinnamon Nutmeg Clove Egg Vegetarian Soy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven:
- Arrange an oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the parbaked pie crust on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Brown the butter:
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter over medium-low heat, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides constantly with a heatproof spatula. The mixture will sputter as the water boils off. Continue to cook, stirring and scraping, until the sputtering subsides, the butter is foaming, and the solid bits turn a dark brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Caramelize the honey:
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately add the honey (to prevent the butter from burning), stirring to combine. Return the saucepan to medium heat and bring to a boil. Continue to cook, swirling often, until the mixture is darkened slightly and has a savory, nutty smell, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stream in the heavy cream, stirring constantly (be careful-the mixture may sputter) until it's smooth. Set the warm honey mixture aside.
- Make the pumpkin filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs to break up the whites and yolks, then add the brown sugar and whisk vigorously until the mixture has lightened in color by a shade or two, about 1 minute. Whisk in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves until smooth. Slowly stream in the warm honey mixture, whisking constantly, until the filling is completely homogenous.
- Fill the crust and bake:
- Pour the filling into the parbaked crust all the way to the top. (Depending on the height of your crust, you may have some leftover filling, which I recommend you keep! Ever so carefully transfer the pie to the center rack and bake until the filling is set and puffed around the edges and the center wobbles gently, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool the pie gently:
- Turn off the oven and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Let the pie cool completely in the oven. Doing so will allow it to cool gradually, which will prevent cracking on the surface.
- Slice the pie into wedges and top each piece with softly whipped cream. Grate a bit of fresh nutmeg over the cream and serve.
- Do Ahead: The pie, covered and refrigerated, will keep up to 3 days but is best served on the first or second day (the crust will soften over time).
- Cooks' Notes
- Use a good-quality, dark-hued honey. The more strongly flavored the better, so it stands out against the pumpkin. Just don't use buckwheat or chestnut honey, which are too intense.
- Bake any remaining pumpkin filling separately in a small ramekin. I like to do this to prevent ingredient waste, and also because it allows me to sample the filling prior to cutting into the pie!
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE
"Bee" sure to serve the dessert here on Thanksgiving-it's the kind guests will be attracted to! "This pie pleases with the ever popular holiday flavor of pumpkin," assure Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas, "only honey gives it a delicious twist."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge., In a bowl, combine pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add eggs, evaporated milk and milk. Pour into crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove?foil. Cool on a wire?rack. , On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining dough to 1/8-in.-thick. Cut out three 3-in. leaves and three 5x1/2-in. strips. Using a sharp knife, cut veins in leaves. Wrap each strip of dough around the handle of a wooden spoon; place spoons upside down on a baking sheet. Place leaves, vein side up, on the rounded side of spoons. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Arrange on cooled pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 97mg cholesterol, Sodium 399mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CARAMELIZED HONEY PIE
Discover the delectable flavor of a Caramelized Honey Pie, great for any occasion. This version of a honey pie is nestled into a cream cheese crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place flour in large bowl. Cut 1/2 cup butter into small pieces. Add to flour along with the cream cheese. Use pastry blender or 2 knives to cut butter and cream cheese into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; roll into 10-inch round. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press dough onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Flute edge.
- Melt remaining butter; pour into medium bowl. Add eggs, honey, cream, vinegar and vanilla; whisk until blended. Add sugar and cornstarch; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until center is almost set and top is golden brown. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 22 g, Protein 4 g
More about "caramelized honey pumpkin pie recipes"
PUMPKIN PIE WITH HONEY AND CARAMEL WHIP CREAM …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PUMPKIN & CARAMEL PIE - THE KITCHEN MCCABE
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - THE PRAIRIE HOMESTEAD
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - IN JENNIE'S KITCHEN
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE BY CLAIRE SAFFITZ
4.7/5 (253)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsServings 8
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 363 per serving
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HONEY CUSTARD PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY CREAM PUMPKIN PIE | FOOD CHANNEL
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - NEWSBREAK
BAKE WITH ME: CLAIRE SAFFITZ CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE FROM …
CARAMELIZED HONEY RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - COUNTRY BEE HONEY FARM
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE | RECIPE | PUMPKIN PIE RECIPES, …
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE | RECIPE | PUMPKIN PIE, PUMPKIN …
[HOMEMADE] CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE : FOOD
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE,FROM DESSERT PERSON
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CARAMELIZED PUMPKIN PIE - MODERNIST CUISINE
THANKSGIVING | CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - FALL
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE | PUNCHFORK
HONEY CREAM PUMPKIN PIE | BEE MAID HONEY LTD.
CARAMEL PUMPKIN PIE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SALTED CARAMEL PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - NEWSBREAK
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED PUMPKIN PIE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
8 PUMPKIN PIE RECIPES | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERFECT PUMPKIN PIE – MODERN HONEY
THE BEST PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE WITH CLAIRE SAFFITZ - YOUTUBE
PUMPKIN AND CARAMEL PIE | RICARDO
CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE BY CLAIRE SAFFITZ | SALT + SPINE
PUMPKIN PIE WITH CONDENSED MILK - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE WITH MAPLE TOASTED PECANS | PUMPKIN PIE …
RECIPE REVIEW: CARAMELIZED HONEY PUMPKIN PIE
CARAMEL BROWNIE PIE | FOODTALK
HEALTHY PUMPKIN PIE (SWEETENED WITH HONEY) - BOOTS & HOOVES …
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE BY EMILY JACOBS - NEW RECIPES - 2021
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED PUMPKIN PIE DESSERT STEP BY STEP WITH …
CLAIRE SAFFITZ BIO, LATEST ARTICLES & RECIPES - EPICURIOUS.COM
RECIPE: HONEY PUMPKIN PIE - FOOD NEWS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love