WARM BACON AND SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE
- Put the bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often so the bacon doesn't burn, until the fat begins to render. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sherry vinegar and mustard, followed by the olive oil and tarragon. Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the greens in a bowl and toss. Add the goat cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.
DANDELION SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING
- Cut greens into 1 1/2-inch lengths and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large heavy skillet until golden and crisp, then transfer to a cutting board, reserving fat in skillet. Finely chop bacon.
- Whisk together shallot, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then whisk in 3 tablespoons hot bacon fat. Toss greens with enough warm dressing to coat and sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately.
WARM DRESSING FOR SPINACH
This tangy-sweet dressing is perfect for large gatherings. Keep it warm in a crockpot or slow-cooker. I like serving it over dandelion or spinach salad, and I also like it mixed in with mashed potatoes. Just a little gives a lot of flavor. -Victoria Hahn Northampton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. , Stir a small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. , Serve immediately over spinach with mushrooms and croutons; sprinkle with bacon. Or transfer dressing to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep warm on low. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 85mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- In a medium bowl, toss together dandelion greens, red onion, and tomatoes. Season with basil, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 192.1 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
HOT BACON DRESSING
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly.
- In a medium skillet, add the crumbled bacon and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.5 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 378.7 mg, Sugar 37.5 g
WILTED DANDELION GREENS SALAD
If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em. That's my motto. Dandelions are much more than a seasonal lawn annoyance. In addition to salads, dandelions make good jelly, wine, coffee and salad. Remember, though, to never pick dandelions in areas that have been sprayed with weed killer.-Noami Giddis, Grawn, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash dandelion greens thoroughly; drain and place in a large salad bowl. Chill. , Meanwhile, in a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. , For dressing, combine eggs, vinegar, sugar and enough water to make 1 cup. Beat well; pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Pour over greens and toss well. Sprinkle with chopped eggs and crumbles bacon; toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 147mg cholesterol, Sodium 139mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
DANDELION GREENS WITH HOT OLIVE-OIL DRESSING
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook garlic and almonds, stirring frequently, until pale golden, about 2 minutes. Add raisins and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden and raisins are plumped, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, stirring until combined.
- Pour hot dressing over dandelion greens in a bowl, tossing with tongs to coat.
More about "dandelion salad with warm bacon dressing recipes"
DANDELION GREENS WITH WARM BACON DRESSING - PREVENTION
Cuisine AmericanCategory SaladServings 1Total Time 25 mins
- Cook bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp and browned, about 8 minutes.
MARIA'S PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON …
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
DANDELION SALAD: THE BEST RECIPES - LIVE-NATIVE.COM
BUTTER LETTUCE AND DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING
DANDELION GREEN SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING - MASTERCOOK
WILTED DANDELION GREENS WITH BACON RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
DANDELION SALAD WITH WARM BACON MUSHROOM DRESSING
DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPES
DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING – VEGANIZED!
SPRING GREENS WITH HOT BACON DRESSING - MY HOMEMADE ROOTS
DANDELION AND HOT BACON DRESSING - WELL FOLK REVIVAL
WILTED DANDELION GREENS WITH HOT BACON DRESSING
BEST WARM BACON DRESSING FOR SPINACH SALAD - COPYKAT RECIPES
DANDELION DRESSING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BUTTER LETTUCE AND DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE ...
SIMPLE DANDELION SALAD RECIPE - NOURISHED KITCHEN
DANDELION SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
RECIPE(TRIED): DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING
WARM DANDELION, BACON AND POTATO SALAD : RECIPES - COOKING …
TOP 3 DANDELION SALAD RECIPES & MORE - ORGANIC FACTS
HOT BACON DRESSING | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
BEST WARM DANDELION (OR FRISéE) SALAD WITH BACON RECIPES - FOOD …
BACON PARMESAN DANDELION SALAD (A WAY TO EAT YOUR WILD GREENS)
DANDELION SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DANDELION SALAD WITH SWEET AND SOUR BACON DRESSING - HOME …
WARM DANDELION GREENS WITH ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING RECIPE
HOT SWEET BACON DRESSING - THERESCIPES.INFO
ISO: DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING - RECIPELINK.COM
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH DANDELION SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SALADE LYONNAISE - SIMPLE FRENCH COOKING
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - A COALCRACKER IN THE …
DANDELION SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING RECIPE | YUMMLY
PIN ON DANDELION SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING
You'll also love