GRILLED HALIBUT SIMPLY DELICIOUS
This is a Greek version of grilled halibut. Yes I know halibut is not Greek but it's the flavors and simplicity of cooking that is Greek. Flavored with olive oil, lemon, garlic and Greek oregano. You can use halibut steak which can handle the grill better.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag. Mix the marinade and add halibut and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill.
- Remove halibut from bag and place on hot very WELL OILED grill.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place fish and don`t move for 4 minutes or it will fall apart.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.9, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 102.2, Sodium 141.7, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.3, Protein 38.7
EASY GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
No one would guess you use convenient ingredients like brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice in this simple recipe. I always get compliments.- Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside., Grill halibut on greased rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with butter mixture, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT STEAKS
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper and garlic. Add fish; turn several times to coat with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley and lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
"This recipe called for salmon, but I substituted another fish with delicious results," says Lisa Rowley of North East, Maryland. "It saves me time in the kitchen because all I have to do is mix up the seasoned butter, then turn it over to my husband, who does the grilling.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 30 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak., Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, butter side down, covered, over medium heat or broil, buttered side up, 4 in. from the heat for 5-1/2 minutes. , Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 756 calories, Fat 43g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 223mg cholesterol, Sodium 1248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 85g protein.
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
Halibut is probably my favorite fish and the steaks hold up to grilling well and are a fast meal anytime. This recipe is a combination of lots of recipe browsing and mostly what makes my family happy- that is the real goal now, isn't it? Prep time includes marinade time.
Provided by Dawnab
Yield 2 Steaks, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well in a shallow dish (I use an 8x8 glass dish). Add Halibut, coat and marinate 30 minutes on each side.
- Heat grill to high. Salt and pepper steak just before placing on grill. Cook 4 minutes per side. Flip it once only.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497, Fat 24.9, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 168, Sodium 234, Carbohydrate 1.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 63.7
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH CORN AND CHANTERELLES
I think seafood and mushrooms are really great together, and when you add the smokiness from the grill, you have yourself a great autumn meal. Garnish with lemon wedges and micro greens. You can substitute red bell pepper for the roasted red pepper, if desired. You can substitute any mushrooms for the chanterelle mushrooms, if desired.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Season halibut steaks with salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chanterelle mushrooms with a pinch of salt in hot oil until soft and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir corn and peppers into mushrooms until corn is toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour water into mushroom mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir lemon juice and butter into mushroom mixture until butter melts and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Cook halibut steaks on the preheated grill until until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Divide mushroom mixture between two plates and sprinkle tarragon over each. Top mushrooms with halibut steaks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 562.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 86.8 mg, Fat 25.7 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 53.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 339.1 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spread evenly over the halibut steaks.
- Cook on preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 153.9 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 485.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and grated lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Stir in 2 tablespoons fresh basil and capers. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Season halibut steaks with salt and pepper. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, dividing equally. Grill or broil halibut steaks until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Rewhisk remaining vinaigrette; pour over fish. Garnish fish with remaining 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
- Prepare grill.
- In a dry small skillet toast fennel seeds over moderate heat, shaking skillet, until fragrant and a shade darker. In an electric coffee/spice grinder grind seeds. Mince garlic. Squeeze juice from lemon into a small bowl and stir in fennel, garlic, salt, and oil. Put halibut in a large dish and pour marinade over it, turning fish to coat. Marinate halibut, covered and chilled, at least 10 minutes and no more than 1 hour.
- Grill halibut on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. (Alternatively, grill halibut in a hot oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderate heat.)
- Serve halibut with tsatsiki.
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH POTATOES, OLIVES, AND ONIONS
Tossing hot-off-the-grill halibut steaks and vegetables with an herb vinaigrette infuses them with tons of flavor. A colorful assortment of olives adds a briny kick throughout, while peppery arugula and charred bread serve as the perfect accompaniments.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a pot, cover potatoes with 2 inches water; generously season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 8 minutes. Add onions; continue boiling until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife and onions are crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Drain; let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, peel onions.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 cup oil. Chop enough oregano to yield 3 tablespoons (from 2 to 3 sprigs) and stir into vinaigrette with olives; season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss potatoes and onions with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush fish and remaining oregano sprigs with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush grates with oil, add vegetables, and grill, turning a few times, 6 minutes. Add fish to grill and top with oregano. Cook fish and vegetables, turning fish once halfway through, until fish is just cooked and vegetables are charred in places and tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Transfer to dish with vinaigrette, turning to evenly coat. Let stand, turning a few times, until no longer hot but still warm, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill split side of bread until charred in places, 1 to 2 minutes; slice. Serve fish, vegetables, and vinaigrette over greens, with grilled bread.
LEMON ROSEMARY MARINATED GRILLED HALIBUT
- Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
More about "grilled halibut steaks recipes"
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL-GARLIC BUTTER - SOBEYS INC.
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- In small bowl, use a spoon to mix the soft butter with the basil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Place a foot long sheet of plastic wrap on a work surface, spoon on the butter, roll into in a 1-in. (2.5 cm) thick log. Place in fridge until firm, about 1 hr.
- Pat halibut dry with paper towel, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. On medium-high grill, cook halibut 3 to 4 min. per side, or until just cooked through.
- Slice butter log into 1/2-in. (1-cm) thick rounds, and top each steak with 2 rounds of butter to serve.
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
3.8/5 Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED HALIBUT IN FOIL PACKETS - OMG LIFESTYLE BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED HALIBUT - HEY GRILL, HEY
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Place the halibut fillet in a shallow baking dish. Combine all of the ingredients for the butter in a small bowl and pour over your halibut fillets.
- Gently toss the fillet to ensure all sides are evenly coated in the butter. Season all sides with freshly cracked pepper and salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Pinch the paper towel between tongs and wipe it on the grates of your grill to prevent the halibut from sticking while it grills.
GRILLED HALIBUT - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Portion your halibut by cutting it with a sharp knife into 3 or 4 pieces. A serving size of fish is 3 to 6 oz so portion it depending on the particular size of your filet. Brush both sides of each with the liquid mixture.
- Heat pan until it is sizzling hot (a drop of water sizzles and immediately evaporates when it hits the pan. Sear the halibut for 90 seconds on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and cook each side for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the fish can be easily flaked with a fork.
THE BEST GRILLED HALIBUT FROM MJ'S KITCHEN
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL GARLIC BUTTER | THRIFTY ...
Servings 4Total Time 28 mins
CEDAR PLANK HALIBUT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 356Saturated Fat 2g 9%Cholesterol 136mg 45%Total Fat 11g 14%
USE THESE TIPS TO MAKE PERFECTLY GRILLED HALIBUT
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS - RECIPES | NOAHSTRENGTH.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH HAZELNUT RASPBERRY BUTTER RECIPES
HOW TO BARBECUE HALIBUT (RECIPE AND PHOTOS) - DELISHABLY
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPES WITH INGREDIENTS,NUTRITIONS ...
MAPLE GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPES
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPES FOOD NETWORK - YAKCOOK.COM
HOW TO GRILL WILD HALIBUT | WILD ALASKAN COMPANY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #american #easy #beginner-cook #fish #dietary #gluten-free #pacific-northwest #egg-free #free-of-something #saltwater-fish #halibut #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a halibut steak on the grill?Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Stir butter, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spread evenly over the halibut steaks. Cook on preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
How to make lemon basil vinaigrette for grilled halibut?Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and grated lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Stir in 2 tablespoons fresh basil and capers. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.) Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
How to cook halibut steak with corn and chanterelles?Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Season halibut steaks with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chanterelle mushrooms with a pinch of salt in hot oil until soft and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir corn and peppers into mushrooms until corn is toasted, about 2 minutes.
What's the best way to marinate a halibut?Mince garlic. Squeeze juice from lemon into a small bowl and stir in fennel, garlic, salt, and oil. Put halibut in a large dish and pour marinade over it, turning fish to coat. Marinate halibut, covered and chilled, at least 10 minutes and no more than 1 hour.