GRILLED TUNA SALAD
I love cooking this tuna spinach salad! Tuna steaks are quick to cook and delicious, and always seem a little more elegant, even though they're pretty inexpensive. You can find them at most meat and seafood counters. -De'Lawrence Reed, Durham, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush tuna with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Let stand for 5 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, edamame and corn. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat., Divide salad among four plates; slice tuna and arrange over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51 mg cholesterol, Sodium 380 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16 g carbohydrate, Fiber 3 g fiber, Protein 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED TUNA SALAD
- Put the potatoes in a 4-quart pot and cover with cold water. Simmer gently until tender, about 25 minutes, being careful not to overcook them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grill, adjusting the rack 2 inches above the coals. Trim the tuna, discarding the skin and any dark purple flesh. Refrigerate.
- Cut the roasted peppers lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Put in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and peel while still hot. Slice into 1/4-inch rounds and arrange 1/4 of them in a pie plate or casserole. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the shallots, 1/4 of the parsley and salt and pepper. Repeat the layers until all the potatoes are used. Whisk 2 teaspoons of the vinegar with 1 tablespoon of the oil and pour over the top.
- Lightly rub the tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred on the outside and rare in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl and top with the potato mixture, the peppers and the tomatoes. Slice the tuna into 1/4-inch strips and arrange on top of the salad. Just before serving, make a vinaigrette from the remaining vinegar and oil and pour over the salad. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and toss with more vinegar or oil if needed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 696, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1620 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE
- Make dressing:
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, garlic paste, and anchovy paste in a small bowl until combined well, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in thyme, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook beans in a 4- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water , uncovered, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then immediately transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Add potatoes to boiling water and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, then drain in a colander. Halve potatoes while still warm (peel if desired) and toss with 2 tablespoons dressing in a bowl, then cool.
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Brush tuna with oil and season with salt and pepper, then grill on lightly oiled rack, uncovered, turning over once, until browned on outside but still pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes total. Let tuna stand 3 minutes, then break into large (3-inch) pieces. Transfer tuna to a large platter and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing and top with capers.
- Transfer potatoes to platter with tuna, reserving bowl. Drain beans and pat dry. Toss beans in bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter. Toss lettuce in bowl with 2 tablespoons dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter. Toss tomatoes in bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter.
- Arrange olives and eggs on platter and sprinkle salad with parsley and/or basil. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side.
GRILLED TUNA SALAD
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place tuna in a glass dish. Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the wine, olive oil, red wine vinegar, rosemary, pepper, salt and garlic. Pour 2 tablespoons over fish and turn to coat. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place on grill to heat 1 minute. Place tuna on grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals. Cover with lid or tent with foil. Cook, turning once, just until tuna begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, about 7 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Place hot tuna on greens and add cherry tomatoes. Stir remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 63.8 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 34.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
GRILLED TUNA WITH PARSLEY SALAD
- First make up the parsley salad by mixing all the ingredients together and stirring until completely combined. Set aside while you cook the tuna.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until practically smoking. Rub the tuna with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Griddle the tuna steaks for 1 min on each side, turning them 90 degrees after 30 secs if you want criss-cross patterns. This will give you tuna that is medium-rare, but if you like it well-cooked give it a few more mins on each side. It's important not to move the fish around the pan before it's seared as it will stick and break up. The steak will release itself from the pan once it's ready to be turned.
- Serve each steak with half the salad, a lemon wedge for squeezing over and a few new potatoes, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 48 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 2.3 milligram of sodium
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NICOISE
Anyone having access to fresh tuna knows that canned stuff does not taste like tuna. This doesn't need to be chilled very long. Serve on greens, maybe a little chopped egg on top
Provided by chef blade
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk together oil, liquids, and seasonings.
- In large bowl, pour over tomato, olives, beans, onion and potatoes.
- Grill tuna steaks (preferably over charcoal) until just barely pink in the middle.
- Gently break up with fingers and lightly toss with veggies.
GRILLED TUSCAN TUNA SALAD
- For the tuna: Remove the tuna from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling. Mix together the fennel, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the tuna with canola oil on both sides and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Grill until charred on both sides and cooked to medium doneness, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into medium dice.
- For the salad dressing: Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, rosemary, anchovies and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking, until it all emulsifies. For a sweeter and thicker texture, whisk in a teaspoon of honey at a time, until desired taste and consistency is reached.
- For the salad: Combine the beans, olives, fennel, onion and tuna in a large bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Add the greens, basil and parsley , season with salt and pepper, and toss again.
- For serving: Mound the salad on a platter and sprinkle the remaining lemon juice over the top.
GRILLED AHI TUNA NICOISE SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 40
- Trim the haricots verts, then blanch in boiling water and refresh in cold water. Drain and season with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme, to taste. Reserve in a bowl.
- Cut the onion into 1/4-inch round slices. In a small saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute the onions until caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss together the roasted peppers and 1/8 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing. Reserve.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch round slices. Place in a small bowl, add 1/4 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing, and toss until well blended. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes and 1/8 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing. Reserve.
- To make crostini: Arrange the bread slices in a baking tray. Brush with olive oil and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool, then rub with garlic clove. For each of the crostini, spread 1 tablespoon Herbed Goat Cheese and top with 1 teaspoon Black and Green Olive Tapenade.
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, add the remaining 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sear tuna fillets until all sides are brown, about 1 to 2 minutes, keeping the centers rare. Remove from heat and slice each tuna fillet into 5 round slices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the mixed baby lettuces with 1/4 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing.
- To serve, divide the haricots verts, onion, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives into 6 portions. For each plate, arrange 3 portions of each ingredient by placing them in a clockwise fashion, starting with the haricots verts at 1, 5, and 9 o'clock positions near the rim of the plate. Continue to place the onion, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives between the haricots verts. Place quail egg halves over the peppers and an anchovy over the potatoes. Mound half of the lettuce in the center of each plate. Arrange the tuna slices on the side of the salad and top the lettuce with the crostini.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and shallots. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar. Refrigerate in a covered container. When ready to use, whisk again.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck, Pizza, Pasta & More!, Random House, 2000 .
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil and crostini. Using the pulse button, process until coarsely chopped and well blended. Continue to process, slowly adding the olive oil. Refrigerate in a covered container. Spread on homemade crostini, recipe follows.
- Yield: 1 heaping cup
- Herbed Goat Cheese: 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 (7 or 8-ounce) log goat cheese
- Combine the parsley, chives, thyme, and pepper and place on a flat surface. Roll the log of cheese in the mixture, coating all sides and retaining the shape of the log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Yield: 1 log
- Oven-dried Tomatoes: 12 medium Roma tomatoes (2 pounds) 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional as needed 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves 6 garlic cloves, crushed 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch tomatoes. Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain. Peel, core, cut into quarters, and remove seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the tomato quarters on the tray, cut side down. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake until the tomatoes begin to shrivel, about 1 hour. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, transfer to a container. Pour olive oil over and cover the container. Refrigerate and use as needed.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
More about "grilled tuna salad recipes"
GRILLED TUNA RECIPE SICILIAN STYLE - GRILLED TUNA STEAKS ...
5/5 (9)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Course, SaladCalories 234 per serving
- To make the salad, saute the sliced onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat until they blacken a bit on the edges, about 4 minutes or so. Add the garlic, cook another 30 seconds or so, then turn off the heat. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers and roasted red pepper to the pan and toss to combine. Add the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; you might not need more salt, as the olives and capers are salty. When the salad has cooled a bit toss in the oregano, basil and mint.
- When you're ready to cook the fish, get your grill nice and hot, and clean the grates well. Pat the tuna dry and coat with oil. Grind some black pepper over the fish. Using tongs, grab a crumpled piece of paper towel you have dipped in some vegetable oil and wipe down the grill grates.
- Grill the tuna for at least 2 minutes per side, depending on how thick the pieces are and how well-done you like your tuna. Slice it crosswise and serve atop the salad with some crusty bread and a good white or rosé wine.
GRILLED TUNA STEAK SALAD WITH WASABI VINAIGRETTE ...
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Main CourseTotal Time 20 mins
- Heat a clean grill or a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Wipe with a thin layer of oil over the surface using tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil. Wipe over the surface a few times until it's slick.
- Place the wasabi paste, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce into a small bowl. Whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly drizzle the olive in with a steady stream to emulsify.
TUNA MELT SANDWICHES RECIPE : TUNA GRILLED CHEESE | …
Ratings 2Category SandwichesCuisine American, SeafoodTotal Time 20 mins
- Add drained tuna to bowl and gently break up large chunks.Add mayonnaise, celery, relish or pickles, red onion, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper and/or optional dill, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Gently stir everything together.
- Add tuna and cheese in between the slices of bread. Optional: add tomato and/or pickles (these can also be served on the side after the sandwiches are cooked if you like). Spread butter on both outsides of the bread.
- Heat skillet on medium-low heat. Place sandwich on skillet and cook on both sides until golden and cheese is melted. Serve with some pickles if you like and enjoy!
GRILLED TUNA SALAD WITH FRESH ALBACORE TUNA STEAKS | …
4.5/5 (41)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 236 per serving
GRILLED TUNA STEAK SALAD RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 25 mins
GRILLED TUNA SALAD RECIPES
10 BEST GRILLED TUNA STEAK WITH SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED TUNA CITRUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 695 per serving
- Prepare a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard. Rub tuna with mixture and let marinate at room temperature, 10 minutes.
- Use an oil-soaked paper towel to wipe grill grates. Cook tuna just until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, leaving tuna rare inside. Cut each steak across the grain into 1/4-in.-thick slices.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, the vinegar, and lime juice. In a medium bowl, combine greens, onion, salt, pepper, oranges, avocados, and 2/3 of vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates and arrange tuna slices on top. Serve with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- *Look for troll- or pole-caught Pacific albacore tuna; it's more sustainably fished than longline, and the fish have lower mercury levels. U.S. ahi is next best.
GRILLED TUNA NIçOISE SALAD - HEALTHYISH FOODS
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory SaladCalories 875 per serving
- Boil 2 pots of water. One for the hard-boiled eggs and one for the baby potatoes. Boil three eggs for 8-9 minutes to get a medium plus temperature on the yolk. Drain water and set the cooked eggs aside.
- Next, you will add the petite gold potatoes to the second pot of boiling water. Cook until they are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees. Be sure to wipe the racks with olive oil to help prevent the tuna steak and romaine lettuce from sticking. You can also you foil if you prefer.
GRILLED TUNA AND CORN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 274 per servingTotal Time 33 mins
- Coat corn and onion with cooking spray; place on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill corn 20 minutes, turning 3 times. Grill onion 10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush fish with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place fish on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut kernels from ears of corn in a medium bowl. Add onion, remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, and vinegar, stirring to combine. Serve fish with corn salad.
FRESH GRILLED TUNA SALAD RECIPE- BAREFOOT CONTESSA
Category MAIN DISHCalories 667 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side. Set aside on a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, wasabi, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce. Add the avocados to the vinaigrette.
- Cut the tuna in chunks and place it in a large bowl. Add the scallions and red onion and mix well. Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tuna and carefully mix.
GRILLED VEGETABLE TUNA SALAD RECIPE - TASTY EVER AFTER
Ratings 5Category Entree, SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Prepare couscous according to package directions and set aside. Prepare the vinaigrette dressing and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the sliced veggies in a large bowl, coat each slice with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until all sides are charred and tender, about 5-10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked couscous, the dressing, and the chopped green onions and stir well. Add the tuna and lightly toss. Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated until ready to eat (up to 2 days)
BEST DAMN GRILLED TUNA AND CHEESE - BINKY'S CULINARY CARNIVAL
Ratings 12Calories 593 per servingCategory Sandwich
TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - AHEAD OF THYME
5/5 (1)Total Time 11 minsCategory SandwichCalories 805 per serving
GRILLED TUNA SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Total Time 38 minsCalories 282 per serving
GRILLED TUNA CITRUS SALAD RECIPE - SUNSET MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 695 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
GRILLED AHI TUNA NICOISE SALAD RECIPES
GRILLED TUNA SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED TUNA SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED TUNA SALAD RECIPE | EASY & DELICIOUS - YOUTUBE
KETO GRILLED TUNA SALAD WITH GARLIC DRESSING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tuna salad with fresh tuna steaks?Try making grilled tuna salad with fresh tuna steaks instead of using canned tuna. It's sandwich-changing. Place the tuna steaks in a zip-top bag. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil, pickle juice, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and celery salt into the bag. Toss to coat and allow flavors to blend for 20 minutes at room temperature.
How long to cook tuna on the grill?Grill the tuna for at least 2 minutes per side, depending on how thick the pieces are and how well-done you like your tuna. Slice it crosswise and serve atop the salad with some crusty bread and a good white or rosé wine. Tried this Recipe?
What is tuna salad made out of?A healthy and mayo-free Grilled Vegetable Tuna Salad Recipe made with sustainable albacore, char-grilled veggies, and Israeli couscous. All tossed together in a homemade lemon and fresh herb champagne vinaigrette. Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this tuna salad recipe post.
How to cook tuna fillet with mayonnaise?1 Add drained tuna to bowl and gently break up large chunks. 2 Add mayonnaise, celery, relish or pickles, red onion, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper and/or optional dill, hot sauce, and lemon juice. 3 Gently stir everything together. Add tuna and cheese in between the slices of bread. ... 4 Heat skillet on medium-low heat. ...