- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in lemon juice. Add flour mixture gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Form dough into a log shape and wrap with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice chilled dough into roughly 1/8-inch slices. Place onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are set and golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.6 calories, Carbohydrate 27.2 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 101.4 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
These irresistible thins have a tart lemon taste and crisp texture. To create a simple but special dessert, place some of the cookies in bowls of chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon zest and extracts. , Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. , Bake until the edges are lightly browned, 9 minutes. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 42mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream together the shortening, the butter, and the sugar, add the vanilla, the lemon extract, the zest, and the juice, beating, and beat the mixture until it is smooth. Into the bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt and blend the dough well. On a piece of wax paper form the dough into a log 1 1/2 inches in diameter, using the paper as a guide. Chill the log, wrapped in wax paper and foil, for 2 hours. The dough may be made up to 3 months in advance and kept wrapped well and frozen. Cut the log into 1/8-inch slices with a sharp knife and bake the cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden. Transfer the cookies immediately with a metal spatula to racks, let them cool, and sift the confectioners' sugar lightly over the lemon thins.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the brown sugar and the zest until the mixture is light and fluffy and beat in the yolk, the lemon juice, the vanilla, and the salt. Add the flour, sifted, and beat the mixture until it is just combined well. Drop teaspoons of the batter 2 inches apart onto well-buttered baking sheets and bake the cookies in batches in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 1 minute, or until they are just firm enough to be removed, and transfer them to racks to cool.
These Passover cookies are light and delicate with a nice subtle lemon flavor. They are a great change from the usual Passover sweets. The cookies spread a bit as they bake so do not place them too close together on the baking sheet. Also, for the best flavor, remove them from the oven just as the edges begin to turn a golden brown. This recipe came from the 'Let My People Eat' cookbook.
Provided by Ducky
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 48-60 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and sugar with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on high.
- Add the potato starch, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and oil, beating on low speed until well blended.
- Drop small teaspoon amounts onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies at least 2 inches apart (the batter is thin and it will spread on the cookie sheet so leave enough space or you will have one gigantic cookie).
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- Immediately move cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.6, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 4.4, Sodium 9.4, Carbohydrate 4.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.8, Protein 0.4
More about "lemon thins recipes"
LEMON THINS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy Easter Cookie RecipesCalories 60 per serving
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat 1/2 cup sugar, butter and oil in another mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg white, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a saucer. Coat the bottom of a wide-bottomed glass with cooking spray and dip it in the sugar. Flatten the dough with the glass into 2 1/2-inch circles, dipping the glass in the sugar each time.
- Bake the cookies until they are just starting to brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a flat surface (not a rack) to crisp.
LEMON THINS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
4/5 (1)Category Desserts or Baked Goods, CookiesServings 40
LEMON THINS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
NAN'S LEMON THINS RECIPE | CHEFSHOP.COM
LEMON THINS | COOK'S COUNTRY - MASTERCOOK
LEMON THINS | RECIPESTY
LEMON THINS - SPRINKLE OF SWEET
NABISCO LEMON THINS COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEST LEMON THINS RECIPES AND LEMON THINS COOKING IDEAS
CRISP LEMON THIN COOKIES - BAKING SENSE®
LEMON THINS RECIPES
LEMON THINS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMON DESSERT RECIPE: LEMON THINS BY KIMMEEA13 – REDCIPES
TOP 48 MEYER LEMON COOKIE THINS RECIPE RECIPES
LEMON THINS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
LEMON THIN COOKIES RECIPE | COOKIE THINS RECIPE, LEMON RECIPES, …
LEMON THINS RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
LEMON THINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
LEMON THIN COOKIES RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
LEMON THINS - LEMON DESSERT RECIPES
LEMON THINS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMON THINS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MEYER LEMON THINS & A COOKBOOK REVIEW - THE SPICED LIFE
LEMON THIN - FOOD CHANNEL
LEMON THINS RECIPE BY MARLENE - COOKEATSHARE
HEALTHY RECIPES: LEMON THINS - WEBMD
LEMON THINS | RECIPE | LEMON COOKIES, RECIPES, LEMON DESSERTS
LEMON THINS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEMON THINS - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMON THINS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BENTON'S LEMON COOKIE THINS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LEMON THINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
LEMON THINS - REVIEW BY YOLY - ALLRECIPES.COM
FEEDING MY LEMON OBSESSION WITH MAYA'S LEMON THINS - THE …
MEYER LEMON COOKIE THINS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
20 ESSENTIAL LEMON RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #drop-cookies #desserts #holiday-event #kosher #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #low-sodium #passover #low-in-something #number-of-servings
Thin Lemon Cookies | Crispy, Soft, and Chewy Cookie Recipe12K views-15:26
Delightfully Tart Lemon Shaker Pie • Tasty Recipes14K views-03:07
Lemon Shortbread Cookies (Sablé Breton) - Titli's Busy Kitchen37K views-04:41
Lemon Meringue Poke Cake | Delish Sunkist7.2K views-01:04
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Cheese Tart17K views-04:46
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a lemon thin cookie?Lemon Thin Cookies are, as the name suggests, crisp, thin and lightly lemony. This lovely little cookie is the perfect tea-time or snack-time treat. This is a simple little cookie. It has no nuts or chunky chips or gooey filling, and that simplicity is exactly why I worked so hard to perfect this recipe.
What do lemon thins taste like?These irresistible thins have a tart lemon taste and crisp texture. To create a simple but special dessert, place some of the cookies in bowls of chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
How do you make the perfect lemon cake?Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (see note). Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl. Add the lemon juice and lemon extract mix until well combined. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Scrape the bowl. Add the salt, baking soda and flour and mix until incorporated.
How do you make cookies with lemon juice?Scrape the bowl. Add the lemon juice and lemon extract mix until well combined. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Scrape the bowl. Add the salt, baking soda and flour and mix until incorporated. Use a .75 oz scoop or a tablespoon to scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between the cookies.