EASY AND DELICIOUS ONION PUFFS
This is one of my all-time favorite hors d'oeuvres to serve at get togethers and also for late nite snacks. The onions and the mayo melt together under the broiler and the taste is out of this world!.. they just couldn't be any easier to put together! If you can find Vidalia onion, then use it for this. The recipe can easily be doubled of coarse. If you are a mustard lover then add on a teaspoon of sweet or Dijon mustard on top of the onion, also if you want, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the mayo before broiling. You can also make these in a larger form.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toast the bread slices and remove all crust from around the edges.
- Cut the slices with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter (can use a glass for for this, but be careful not to break the glass!).
- Spread the toasted rounds lightly with mayo.
- Top with a slice of onion, then spread more mayo on top of the onion.
- Broil until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.7, Fat 1.1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 213.6, Carbohydrate 18.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 2.6
- 1. Preheat the broiler.
- 2. Toast the bread lightly in a toaster oven. Remove the crusts. Cut the slices with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter and spread the rounds lightly with mayonnaise. Put a slice of onion on top of each piece and spread with mayonnaise again. Broil until golden brown. Serve hot.
- Ellen's Tips:
- You can add some chopped fresh parsley on top of the puffs after broiling. You can spread some hot and sweet mustard on top of the onion before the mayonnaise for a spicier version of this recipe.
PARMESAN ONION PARTY PUFFS RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Use small cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the bread and place on baking sheets (reserve the scraps to grind and keep in the freezer for future croquettes, meatballs, etc.) Pop under the broiler to lightly toast on one side Stir together the mayo, Parmesan, onion, and about 1 1/2 T of your seasoning of choice (if including garlic powder, only use about 1/4 t) Flip the bread and spread a small amount of the mayo mixture onto the un-toasted side Pop back under the broiler until bubbly and golden If you want to be fancy about it, arrange on the platter and sprinkle with fresh herbs, or top with thin slices of grape tomatoes, roasted red pepper, sliced olives, etc.
For a substantial appetizer, you can't go wrong with mini sandwiches. Instead of serving egg or ham salad on ordinary bread, I like to present them on homemade puff pastry.-Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. , Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets., Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool completely., In separate bowls, combine the ingredients for egg salad filling and ham salad filling. Split puffs and remove soft dough from inside. Just before serving, spoon fillings into cream puffs; replace tops. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 29 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 45mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
RYE PARTY PUFFS
I can't go anywhere without taking along my puffs. They're pretty enough for a wedding reception yet hearty enough to snack on while the gang is watching football on television. A platter of these will disappear even with a small group. -Kelly Williams, La Porte, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add the flours, parsley, garlic powder and salt all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny., Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with caraway. Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. , In a large bowl, combine the first 8 filling ingredients. Stir in olives. Split puffs; add filling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 108mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PARTY CORNED BEEF PUFFS
- Mix together the corned beef, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring beer and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, split the puffs and fill with the corned beef mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 98.2 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 515.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
PARMESAN ONION PUFFS
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and cayenne.
- Cut out 4 rounds from each bread slice using cutter and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake toasts until tops are crisp and just golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Cool toasts slightly on baking sheet on a rack. (Leave oven on.)
- Top each toast with a rounded 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture, spreading to edge with a small offset spatula or knife. Bake toasts until topping is puffed and golden, about 6 minutes.
More about "onion party puffs recipes"
FRENCH ONION SOUP PUFFS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS - PINTEREST
FRENCH ONION SOUP PUFFS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
FRENCH ONION SOUP PUFFS | METRO
CARAMELIZED FRENCH ONION TART | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHEESE AND ONION PASTIES WITH PUFF PASTRY - WHERE IS MY SPOON
ONION PARTY PUFFS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 QUICK AND EASY PUFF PASTRY APPETIZERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
ONION PARTY PUFFS | RECIPE | ONION SOUP MIX, ONION, SOUP MIXES
CARAMELIZED ONION PUFF PASTRY TARTLETS ~ COOKS WITH COCKTAILS
FRENCH ONION CUPS SNACK RECIPE - PUREWOW
10 BEST CHEESE AND ONION PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONION ROLL PUFF RECIPE USING REAL ONION - CREATE THE MOST …
ONION PARTY PUFFS RECIPE BY AMERICAN.FOODIE | IFOOD.TV
CARAMELIZED ONION PUFFS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PARTY CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - PURPLE ONION CUISINE
ONION PARTY PUFFS - WILLIAMLBROWNFARMMARKET.COM
10 BEST CARAMELIZED ONION PUFF PASTRY TART RECIPES - YUMMLY
STUFFED ONION PUFFS RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
25 SIMPLE SAVORY PUFF PASTRY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
FRENCH ONION PUFF PASTRY CUPS - PLANT BASED RECIPES
ONION PUFF RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
ALEX HITZ'S BEL-AIR ONION PUFFS - FLOWER MAGAZINE
FRENCH ONION SOUP PUFFS RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
25 SAVORY PUFF PASTRY RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
ONION PARTY PUFFS | RECIPE IN 2021 | LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX, ONION, …
CHEESY ONION PUFFS - RECIPE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
MINI CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED ONION TART PUFF PASTRY APPETIZER
ONION PARTY PUFFS ⋆ FANCY TITLE HERE - SWAMPCRONE.NET
FRENCH ONIONS SOUP PUFFS | METRO
FRENCH ONION PASTRY PUFFS - JOY THE BAKER
EASY ONION CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - STL COOKS
PARTY PARMESAN ONION PUFFS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
PUFF PASTRY TART RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
ONION PARTY PUFFS – FANCY TITLE HERE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook caramelized onions in puff pastry?Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Place puff pastry sheet on a clean, flat surface and spread caramelized onions evenly across the sheet. Sprinkle the cheese and some rosemary over the caramelized onion mixture, then roll the puff pastry sheet up tightly.
How to bake puff pastry sheets?Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Place puff pastry sheet on a clean, flat surface and spread caramelized onions evenly across the sheet. Sprinkle the cheese and some rosemary over the caramelized onion mixture, then roll the puff pastry sheet up tightly. Use a sharp knife to cut into 10 scrolls.
What are the best puff pastry appetizers to try?Leek and Onion Puff Pastry Tart Speaking of incredible tarts… you won’t want to miss out on this leek and onion one either, especially if you’re a fan of earthy flavors and creamy Camembert cheese. Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 4. Feta and Spinach Puff Pastry Appetizers
What can I make with frozen puff pastry and olives?You only need two ingredients to make this easy appetizer: frozen puff pastry and pimiento-stuffed olives. Everyone at your dinner table will love these pastry boats filled with turkey, peas, and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. Use this meaty recipe to make four to six individual pot pies or one large pie in a casserole dish or cast iron skillet.