CHICKEN WITH PEACH-CUCUMBER SALSA
To keep our kitchen cool, we grill chicken outdoors and serve it with a minty peach salsa that can easily be made ahead. -Janie Colle, Hutchinson, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion, mint and 1/4 teaspoon salt., Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 525mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein. Diabetic exchanges
GRILLED SMOKY TOFU TACOS WITH PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA
- For the tofu: Sandwich each piece of tofu between 2 sheets of paper towels and place on a plate. Top with a second plate and weigh the plate down with a can or a heavy book to press any liquid out of the tofu. Set aside, changing the paper towels every 30 minutes, for 2 hours.
- For the lime sour cream: Whisk together the sour cream and lime zest and juice in a small bowl, then transfer to a squeeze bottle or container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the salsa: Combine the peaches, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and onion in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the black beans: Saute the onion in the oil in a large skillet until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the tomato paste. Add the beans and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon to partially mash the beans. Cover to keep warm or reheat when ready to serve.
- Make the tofu: Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch-wide logs. Mix the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper together in a bowl, then sprinkle the tofu on both sides with the spice mix. Brush the tofu with a generous amount of olive oil. Oil the grill grates, then place the tofu on the grill and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- To build each taco, spoon some beans onto a tortilla. Top with the tofu and salsa. Drizzle with lime sour cream and serve immediately.
- Place the onions in a jar. Whisk the vinegars together with the sugar, salt and 1 cup water in a bowl until dissolved. Add the peppercorns. Pour over the onions and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours (see Cook's Note). Pickled onions keep about 2 weeks in the fridge.
MAHI MAHI WITH PEACH-CUCUMBER SALSA
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 4 servings (plus extra salsa)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Make the salsa: In a large bowl, combine the peaches, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the fish: Season the mahi mahi with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Sear the fish until opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Transfer the fish to a platter and top with some of the salsa. Serve any extra salsa on the side.
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir to blend before serving.)
- *Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA
Low calorie, fat free vegan recipe from Whole Foods; it is highly rated on their website. They suggest serving it atop grilled fish but I think it would also be great with chicken or pork tenderloin. You can make it up to 4 hours ahead of serving, just keep it in the refrigerator. I think mango and a splash of OJ would be a great addition to this recipe as well! NOTE: I just made this recipe and I added the OJ for a touch of sweetness and added a couple drops of jalapeno sauce for more kick. I also didn't care for the mint, so I changed that to optional. . .the basil was nice I thought.
Provided by januarybride
Yield 3 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 34.6, Fat 0.2, Sodium 1.5, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 5.6, Protein 1
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA
This is a recently adopted recipe that I have not yet tried but plan to do so soon. Looks like a lovely addition to grilled chicken, fish and maybe even pork.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir to blend before serving.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92.1, Fat 0.5, Sodium 8.6, Carbohydrate 22.8, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 16.8, Protein 1.7
More about "peach and cucumber salsa recipes"
HEALTHY PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 54 per serving
CUCUMBER PEACH SALSA - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
5/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 46 per serving
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, toss and enjoy served with cinnamon chips, tortilla chips or as a topping for fish or chicken.
CUCUMBER PEACH SALSA RECIPE - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsServings 8Calories 44 per serving
RECIPE: PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 6Calories 30 per servingTotal Time 10 mins
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA - SLENDER KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 289 per serving
- Combine the peaches, cucumber, red onion, lime juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken on a medium hot grill for 3-5 minutes per side depenning on the thickness of your chicken. Flip it once grill marks appear and chicken is easily removes from grill.
PAN SEARED TILAPIA WITH PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA - BELLY FULL
Reviews 4Category MainCuisine AmericanTotal Time 21 mins
- In a large bowl, gently combine the peaches, cucumber, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with some salt and a few grinds of black pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Warm olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. When oil is hot, season the Tilapia with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the skillet; sear fillets until golden on the outside and flake with a fork, about 3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
- Transfer fillets to individual serving plates and top with some of the salsa. Serve extra salsa on the side.
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE - A NEW DAWNN
5/5 (1)Category AppetizersServings 6Total Time 15 mins
EASY PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE [PALEO, AIP]
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 2Total Time 10 mins
FRESH PEACH SALSA RECIPE - FOOD FUN & FARAWAY PLACES
4.8/5 (4)Category AppetizerServings 2Total Time 20 mins
BBQ GRILLED SALMON RECIPE WITH PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA ...
5/5 (1)Category LunchAuthor SkeezixCalories 238 per serving
PEACH-CUCUMBER SALSA | NANCYC
Servings 8Total Time 35 mins
BAKED CATFISH WITH PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA - EASY ...
5/5 (958)Category DinnerServings 4Calories 164 per serving
HEALTHY PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA | RECIPE | HEALTHY, CLEAN ...
HEALTHY PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA | RECIPE | HEALTHY, WHOLE30 ...
FRESH PEACH SALSA RECIPE - CUBES N JULIENNES
PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE | FITELO
CHICKEN WITH PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA#SHORT #VIRAL/CHICKEN ...
MAHI MAHI WITH PEACH CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPES
CUCUMBER PEACH SALSA | STALKERVILLE
PEACH AND CUCUMBER SALSA - TFRECIPES.COM
PEACH SALSA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #appetizers #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #no-cook #beginner-cook #diabetic #dinner-party #low-fat #spring #summer #vegan #vegetarian #dips #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pitted-fruit #peaches #presentation #served-cold #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How many calories are in a bowl of salsa with Peaches?Gently mix peaches, jalapeno pepper, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and lemon juice in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Fold avocado into the salsa to serve. 112 calories; protein 1.7g; carbohydrates 12.6g; fat 7.5g; sodium 8.8mg. Full Nutrition
What are some good recipes to make with fresh peaches?Gently mix peaches, jalapeno pepper, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and lemon juice in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
What goes well with Peaches for salsa?Fresh peaches with creamy avocado, bell pepper, onions, and jalapeno make a great summertime salsa. Use as a topper for grilled fish or chicken, or just dip tortilla chips in it. Not a fan of avocados? The salsa is just as great without it. The longer it can marinate, the better it is.
What are the ingredients in a peaches and avocado salad?Ingredients 1 2 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and diced 2 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced 3 ½ red onion, minced 4 ½ red bell pepper, minced 5 ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste 6 2 cloves garlic, grated 7 ½ lime, juiced 8 ½ lemon, juiced 9 salt and ground black pepper to taste 10 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced More ...