SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE
This recipe was graciously shared with me by a Jamaican friend, many years ago. It makes a delicious sauce, different from any other cranberry sauce I've ever tasted or made. It does not "gel" but you do want to cook it long enough to make a good, thick consistency. You can use 1 tablespoon of excellent quality ground cinnamon instead of the cinnamon stick, if you prefer. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
Provided by Barbara Yoder
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes Cranberry Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the cranberries, grated orange rind, cinnamon, orange juice, brown sugar and enough water to cover cranberries in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Immediately turn heat down and simmer for about 1 hour or until the sauce has thickened. Taste for sweetness and adjust with additional sugar if necessary. You can not overcook, so continue cooking until you have a good thick consistency. Let mixture cool a bit then refrigerate in a covered container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 36.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 2.5 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE RELISH
Provided by Marian Burros
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Wash cranberries and combine in heavy saucepan with sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat and cook at gentle boil until cranberries begin to pop.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherries and Grand Marnier. Chill, for up to a week.
- When ready to serve, stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 136, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 2 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams
UNCOOKED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH
- Make sure there are no seeds in oranges. Cut the oranges into quarters and then chop them up roughly. Either in a meat grinder or in a food processor chop the raw cranberries and oranges. Transfer to glass or ceramic serving bowl and add the sugar. Cover with plastic and let stand for 24 hours. Refrigerate after that; this will keep for 2 weeks. Leftovers can be combined with mayonnaise and used as a dressing for leftover turkey sandwiches.
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH
Categories Condiment/Spread Sauce Food Processor Fruit Ginger Side Christmas Thanksgiving Quick & Easy Cranberry Orange Fall Cinnamon Clove Gourmet Fat Free Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 8 to 12 servings (about 4 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer syrup, without stirring, washing down any sugar crystals on side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water, 5 minutes.
- While syrup simmers, cut oranges, including peel and pith, into 1-inch pieces, discarding any seeds, and combine with cranberries, cinnamon, and cloves in a food processor.
- Add sugar syrup and pulse until fruit is finely chopped. Transfer relish to a bowl and stir in ginger. Chill, covered, 1 day for flavors to develop.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cranberries and oranges. Transfer the chopped fruit to a 1-quart bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, stirring to mix. Add more sugar to taste, as the sweetness of the oranges will vary. Add the chopped pecans and serve.
SPICY CRANBERRY RELISH
Categories Condiment/Spread Berry Pepper Side No-Cook Thanksgiving Quick & Easy Hot Pepper Fall Chill Gourmet Fat Free Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Finely grate 1 teaspoon zest from lime, then squeeze enough juice to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Pulse cranberries with zest, juice, onion, sugar, and chile to taste in a food processor until finely chopped. Chill relish, covered, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours (to allow flavors to develop) and up to 1 week.
SPICY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
Nice departure from the same-old, sickly sweet holiday relish. Warn your guests that this isn't the sweet stuff ...
Provided by NEPAfoodie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in onion, jalapeno, orange sections and juice, lime juice, ginger, sugar, and celery. Refrigerate 1 hour (up to 2 days).
- Before serving, stir in mint and pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.8, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 12, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 22.9, Protein 1.2
SPICED ORANGE-CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
The aroma of simmering chutney signals the start of the holidays and sets the mood for my seasonal baking. Try it as an appetizer along with cream cheese and graham crackers. -Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Stir in cranberries, orange zest, oranges, apple, currants and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 7mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE
While this spicy cranberry sauce is simmering, the wonderful fragrance of the spices brings back happy memories of when my mother made it for the holidays. My husband and three sons are glad I'm carrying on her tradition! -Allison Thompson, Lansing Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE MOLD
This gorgeous, aromatic Spiced Cranberry-Orange Mold holds its own on the dessert table-tart, sweet, yummy and a Healthy Living choice to boot!
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Superfood Recipes
Yield Makes 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. stir in next 5 ingredients. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir in oranges and nuts. Spoon into 6-cup mold sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
EASY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
A delightful change from the ordinary...the only relish most of my family will eat! Relish can be chilled up to 3 days.
Provided by TXGIRLSX3
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Relish Recipes Cranberry Relish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Grate 2 teaspoons of zest from orange; discard remaining peel and pith from orange. Divide orange into sections.
- Place orange sections, orange zest, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer relish to a bowl and cover; refrigerate to allow flavors to blend, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 1 mg, Sugar 15.7 g
SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE SAUCE WITH ZINFANDEL
Ruby red, rich and spicy cranberry sauce with a bright citrus note. A sophisticated blend of flavors! Goes equally well with roast turkey, beef, or ham. Make a batch at T.G., and freeze half for X'mas. Delicious! Note: I reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup of each, and use a tablespoonful of orange zest in place of the strip as we really enjoy the orange flavor. No need to strain the syrup, just scoop out the whole spices. Adapted from Bon Appetit, November 2001.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 10 minutes. Strain syrup into a large saucepan.
- Add cranberries to syrup and cook over medium heat until berries burst, about 6 minutes. Cool. Transfer sauce to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Can be made one week ahead and kept refrigerated. Freezes well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634.9, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 27, Carbohydrate 136.2, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 118.7, Protein 0.9
More about "spiced cranberry and orange relish recipes"
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S …
4/5 (22)Total Time 1 hrCategory Sauce
SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY-ORANGE RELISH - MIDWEST LIVING
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE SAUCE - COOKING WITH CAMILLA
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE BY CHEF RACHEL ALLEN ...
SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE RELISH - THE GILDED FORK™
CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
SPICED ORANGE BLACKBERRY CRANBERRY SAUCE - OH SWEET BASIL
ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE FOR THANKSGIVING - GINGER WITH SPICE
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE WITH TRIPLE SEC - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - ZEVY JOY
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH RECIPE - COOK WITH …
CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
KET ORANGE SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPICED CRANBERRY & ORANGE COCKTAIL - ERREN'S KITCHEN
SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SIMPLE SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH ORANGE AND GINGER
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRANBERRY RELISH WITH ORANGE JUICE AND GINGER
CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
ORANGE SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE - THERE'S FOOD AT HOME
EASY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH (5 MINUTES TO MAKE!) | MOM ON …
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE (NO SUGAR ADDED!)
SPICED ORANGE-CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PORT - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
SPICY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH - COOKEATSHARE
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE | NORINE'S NEST
KETO ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE! - LOW CARB - KEEN FOR KETO
SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH ORANGE AND STAR ANISE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love