STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM
- Puree strawberries, sugar, and salt in processor until smooth. Add water and lemon juice and process to blend. Strain into 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan. Cover with foil and place in freezer. Stir with fork every hour until frozen, about 4 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen. Using fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer. Beat 1 cup chilled whipping cream until firm peaks form. Divide cream among dishes. Spoon granita over and serve immediately.
FRESH STRAWBERRY GRANITA
You can make and serve this gorgeous Italian frozen iced dessert anytime, but it's really best enjoyed during the summer months. Not only is it cold and delicious, but it forces you to stick your hot, sweaty face in the freezer four or five times to stir. The technique of using a fork several times to mix the freezing granita results in perfect icy crystals.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse strawberries with cold water; let drain. Transfer berries to a blender and add sugar, water, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Pulse several times to get the mixture moving, then blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into a large baking dish. Puree should only be about 3/8 inch deep in the dish.
- Place dish uncovered in the freezer until mixture barely begins to freeze around the edges, about 45 minutes. Mixture will still be slushy in the center.
- Lightly stir the crystals from the edge of the granita mixture into the center, using a fork, and mix thoroughly. Close freezer and chill until granita is nearly frozen, 30 to 40 more minutes. Mix lightly with a fork as before, scraping the crystals loose. Repeat freezing and stirring with the fork 3 to 4 times until the granita is light, crystals are separate, and granita looks dry and fluffy.
- Portion granita into small serving bowls to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 26.3 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
ESPRESSO GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM
- In a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish, carefully pour in hot espresso and whisk in granulated sugar until dissolved completely. Place dish in freezer and every hour, scrape the mixture with a large fork to create the granita texture. The granita will need approximately five hours to completely freeze. The first time you scrape, the granita will not be frozen solid. You want to start scraping while it's still slushy so that texture of the granita will be even throughout.
- Right before serving, make the whipped cream. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks. Add the vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks.
- Line up 12 glass Champagne flutes. Place 1 tablespoon of granita in the bottom of each glass. Using a different spoon, spread a layer of whipped cream. Continue layering the granita and whipped cream, ending with the whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate over the top of each glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
ESPRESSO GRANITA WITH SOFT WHIPPED CREAM
- For the espresso granita: Whisk the sugar into the hot espresso until dissolved. Stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture in to a 9-by-13-inch freezer-safe pan and freeze until the mixture is frozen through, at least 3 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, scrape the surface into large, icy flakes.
- For the soft whipped cream: Place a 16-ounce glass jar with a lid in the freezer for 20 minutes. Pour in the cold cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla and shake vigorously until soft whipped cream forms, about 5 minutes.
- To serve: Spoon some of the granita into a glass. Top with a dollop of soft whipped cream and sprinkle on chocolate shavings and crushed espresso beans.
COFFEE GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM
- Mix together the espresso, sugar, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the liquid into an 8-inch square glass baking dish and freeze. Every 30 minutes, remove the dish from the freezer and use a fork to scrape and break up the ice crystals. Repeat until the mixture is thoroughly frozen, about 4 hours.
- Spoon the granita into small glasses, dollop with the whipped cream and garnish with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
I discovered this desert when the summer temperatures were nearing 40 C in London. It is adapted from a Delia Smith recipe and I love it because it's virtually no effort to make and so cooling to eat. This version makes a slightly "lumpy" granita, with little bits of strawberries in it, but if you want it ultra smooth, you could push the pureed berries through a nylon sieve, before adding the sugar and lemon juice. Serve in wine glasses for a beautiful, sparkling effect.
Provided by Sackville
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put the strawberries and water in a bowl and then blitz with a hand blender until most of the berries are puréed or use a food processor for a smoother texture.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir a few times to combine.
- Pour into a sealable container, cover and put in the freezer for two hours.
- After two hours, take it out and run a large spoon around the outside, mixing the frozen bits into the unfrozen centre.
- Return to the freezer for another hour, give it another mix, and then freeze again for one last hour.
- Now you should have a whole box of strawberry"snow crystals".
- You can serve it now, or just leave in the freezer for another day.
- If you continue to freeze it, remember to leave enough time to let it sit in the fridge for 30-40 minutes before you want to serve the granita, so you don't have a solid mass.
FRESH STRAWBERRY GRANITA
- Stir first 3 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Blend 3 cups strawberries in processor until smooth. Add sugar syrup and blend until combined.
- Pour mixture into 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal baking pan. Freeze until icy around edges, about 25 minutes. Using fork, stir icy portions into middle of pan. Freeze until mixture is frozen, stirring edges into center every 20 to 30 minutes, about 1 1/2 hours. Using fork, scrape granita into flaky crystals. Cover tightly and freeze. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.) Scrape granita into bowls. Garnish with berries and serve.
Wonderfully good Strawberry Granita. This is quick and easy to make and tastes wonderful. One of my favorite summertime desserts. Adopted from Cooking Light. Cooking time does not include freezing time.
Provided by bmcnichol
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix sugar and water in a blender until sugar dissolves.
- Add strawberries and juice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover and freeze 3 hours and stir well.
- Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes.
- Scrape mixture with a fork until fluffy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 36.4, Fat 0.3, Sodium 1.8, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 5.2, Protein 0.8
CREAMY STRAWBERRY GRANITA
Here's an easy-to-make strawberry-pineapple granita that tilts towards the creamy, thanks to the addition of Neufchatel cheese.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blend water, prepared drink, Neufchatel and 1/2 cup strawberries in blender until smooth; pour into 13x9-inch pan.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, slice remaining strawberries.
- Serve in dessert dishes topped with sliced strawberries and pineapple.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Fat 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 85 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 2 g
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sugar and stir to coat the berries. Line another bowl with a double layer of cheesecloth and add the berries.
- Gather opposite corners of the cheesecloth and tie tightly. Repeat with the other two corners, leaving the knot open to slip in a wooden spoon handle. Propping the spoon across the top of a large bowl, suspend the berries. Refrigerate overnight.
- Squeeze as much juice as possible from the berries. Correct for sugar and stir in the salt. Reserve the pulp for jam.
- Pour the strawberry juice into a nonstick baking dish. Freeze for several hours. Use a spatula to cut and scrape the frozen juice into an ice the consistency of snow. Refreeze before serving. Place a few scoops of granita in a bowl and drizzle a few drops of the vinegar over it. Serve.
- To make the sugar syrup, combine 3/4 cup water and 4 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Place half the strawberries in a blender with the sugar syrup, lemon juice, and vodka, if using. Puree. Transfer to a fine mesh sieve and press on puree, pushing the pulp through. Discard seeds remaining in sieve.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 8-inch square pan. Freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until almost completely frozen. Scrape granita with a fork to make it flaky. Freeze for another hour and scrape again. When ready to serve, scrape again.
- About 30 minutes before serving, quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise and transfer to a bowl. Add remaining tablespoon sugar, pepper, and vinegar; mash slightly with a fork, keeping mixture chunky. Add basil.
- To serve, scrape some granita into 4 glasses and top with smashed strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110 g, Protein 1 g
More about "strawberry granita with whipped cream recipes"
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE | BON …
BLACKBERRY GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY GRANITA - JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY GRANITA (SUGAR FREE RECIPE) - GLUTEN FREE HOMESTEAD
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH MERINGUE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA: A FROZEN ITALIAN DESSERT - CHOPNOTCH
FRESH STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SICILIAN GRANITA - THE PETITE COOK™
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH VANILLA CREAM - FINE DINING LOVERS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE | EAT …
STRAWBERRY GRANITA - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE MADE 2 WAYS!
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
STRAWBERRY AND CHAMPAGNE GRANITA | RICARDO
ESPRESSO GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE - QUICK FROM …
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY GRANITA DESSERT RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH LEMON VERBENA WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH SWEET PESTO RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH PISTACHIOS AND CREAM - RECIPES
STRAWBERRY TOP ROSé GRANITA - RECIPES - SAVE THE FOOD
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY GRANITA - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH SWEET BASIL SAUCE – CHEF VEERA
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE - CLOVER SISTERS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA (FROZEN STRAWBERRY DESSERT) SICILIAN-STYLE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GRANITA FROM ANY FRUIT - KITCHN
STRAWBERRY GRANITA ORIGINAL SICILIAN RECIPE - SOLO-DOLCE
You'll also love