THAI COCONUT RICE WITH SALMON
- You will need a wide-based shallow casserole about 30cm in diameter, or a deep-sided sauté pan, with a tight-fitting lid as the salmon needs to steam in a single layer. Pick the coriander leaves off the stalks, finely chop the stalks and put the leaves in a bowl. Grate the zest of one of the limes. Set aside. Pour both cans of coconut milk into a large jug, then fill one of the empty cans with cold water and stir this into the jug.
- Heat the oil and butter in the pan over a lowish heat, tip in the shallots and sizzle gently for about 5 minutes, stirring, until they start to turn golden. Stir the curry paste in and cook for another minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the lime zest, coriander stalks, rice and a heaped teaspoon of salt, then mix everything together until the rice is coated in the curry paste. (You can prepare this up to two hours ahead.)
- Pour the coconut milk mixture over the rice and stir. Bring to simmering point on a medium heat, stirring gently now and then. Get the spoon right to the bottom of the pan so the rice doesn't stick to it. Scatter in the lime leaves and leave everything to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir the rice once more, then lay the salmon fillets on top. Cover and leave to barely simmer over a very low heat for 15-20 minutes until the salmon looks cooked and the rice is tender. Cook everything very gently or you will have crunchy rice on the bottom and no liquid left.
- While the fish is cooking, juice two of the limes (the grated lime and another) and in a small bowl mix the juice with the soy sauce and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Trim the spring onions, then split lengthways and slice into thin strands on the diagonal. Mix the spring onions and chilli with the coriander leaves. Cut the third lime into six wedges.
- When the rice and fish are ready, take the pan off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. To serve, scatter a third of the coriander salad over everything in the pan. Spoon some coconut rice on each plate, then, using a fish slice, put a salmon portion on top. Drizzle with some of the soy and lime dressing and scatter a spoonful of the coriander salad on top. Give everyone a lime wedge to squeeze over it. Serve the remaining dressing if anyone wants extra, and a side salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 857 calories, Fat 48 grams fat, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 74 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 2.55 milligram of sodium
THAI COCONUT RICE
Creamy coconut combined with a little bite from red pepper flakes and ginger, create a delicious rice dish to accompany a wide range of entrees.
Provided by Geema
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, except the crystallized ginger and sliced almonds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture comes to a low boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- The cover, and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish the finished rice with the candied ginger and the sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.6, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 19, Sodium 307.4, Carbohydrate 39.2, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 1, Protein 5.7
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE
- Make rice:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan with an ovenproof lid bring rice, water, and butter to boil. Bake rice, covered, in middle of oven 12 minutes. Keep rice warm.
- Make sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan sauté gingerroot and garlic in oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden. Add coriander, curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin and sauté, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Whisk in coconut milk, tomato purée, soy sauce, and brown sugar and bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and keep warm.
- Prepare vegetables:
- In a bowl toss together all vegetable ingredients.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill salmon on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Put each in center of 4 plates and arrange salmon on top. Top salmon with vegetables and spoon sauce around it. Sprinkle vegetables with peanuts.
SEARED SALMON WITH THAI VEGETABLES
- For salmon:
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture over each fillet. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- For dressing:
- Whisk vinegar and next 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. for rice: Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and sauté until rice begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and coconut milk and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook until rice is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets, flesh side down, to skillet. Sear until brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over and sear skin side until salmon is just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon rice onto plates, dividing equally. Top each serving with seared salmon fillet, then Thai Vegetables. Drizzle dressing around and serve immediately, passing extra dressing separately.
THAI RED CURRY / COCONUT SAUCE (FOR SALMON)
This was in my notes listed as "Sauce to serve with grilled salmon" and I have no idea where I got it but it sounds good. I haven't made it but hope to one day! Maybe you'll beat me to it! Just take salmon and rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil and serve with this flavorful sauce.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and the basil leaves in a small saucepan.
- Taste and adjust to your preferences.
- Just before salmon is done, add cornstarch to the sauce with a small amount of water to make a slurry. Stir until it is glossy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stack and roll basil leaves like a small cigar. Sliver them cross-wise into narrow ribbons and drop into the sauce.
- Keep sauce warm but be careful not to simmer for a long time.
- Serve sauce over the fish with Jasmine or Basmati rice.
More about "thai coconut rice with salmon recipes"
SALMON WITH THAI-STYLE CURRY PEANUT SAUCE AND COCONUT …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add rice, coconut milk, water and salt. Stir, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and let cook for 15-18 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, then stir in coconut oil. Stir in the cilantro and serve. (My favorite jasmine rice is the brown jasmine rice from Trader Joe’s – all brands may have different cook times. Adjust the liquid and cook time according to your directions.)
THAI SALMON WITH COCONUT RICE - PRACTICE WITH DANIELLE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THAI SALMON WITH COCONUT RICE | TESCO REAL FOOD
4/5 (37)Category DinnerCuisine ThaiTotal Time 25 mins
THAI COCONUT CURRY WITH PAN SEARED SALMON - BREEZY …
SALMON COCONUT CURRY (THAI INSPIRED) • SALT & LAVENDER
THAI STYLE COCONUT CURRY SALMON - HEALTHY THAI RECIPES
POACHED SALMON IN COCONUT LIME SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
QUICK THAI COCONUT SALMON – THE DINNER SHIFT
SALMON WITH THAI COCONUT CREAM SAUCE - ONLY GLUTEN …
THAI SALMON OVER COCONUT RICE | MAGGI - NESTLé RECIPES
SALMON IN THAI RED CURRY - CRAVING TASTY
EASY SALMON THAI RED CURRY WITH COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE | ALASKA …
THAI SALMON WITH RICE - BéABA USA
THAI COCONUT SALMON RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PERFECT FLUFFY THAI COCONUT RICE (STOVETOP METHOD) - HINT OF HEALTHY
THAI COCONUT SALMON CURRY - SERVING DUMPLINGS
THAI SALMON AND GREEN BEAN CURRY WITH JASMINE RICE
THAI INSPIRED SALMON IN PARCHMENT WITH COCONUT RICE
THAI COCONUT RICE - INTERNATIONAL RECIPES - FOOD AND JOURNEYS
BEST COCONUT-CURRY RICE WITH SALMON AND CILANTRO RECIPE - HOW …
CASHEW COCONUT THAI SALMON CURRY - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
COCONUT CURRY SALMON RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
AUTHENTIC THAI SALMON CURRY RECIPE WITH COCONUT CREAM
THAI-STYLE SALMON ON COCONUT MILK NOODLES | RICARDO
THAI SALMON PARCELS WITH COCONUT RICE - MIDWEEK MEAL IDEAS
RECIPE FOR EASY THAI COCONUT RICE - THE SPRUCE EATS
NEVER-FAIL THAI COCONUT RICE - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
THAI COCONUT CURRY SALMON - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
THAI SAFFRON COCONUT RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED SALMON WITH COCONUT RICE - PURE WESSON OIL
TERIYAKI SALMON NOODLES | RECIPETIN EATS
RICE COOKER THAI CURRY SCENTED RICE WITH SALMON - DAINTY RICE
RED CURRY SALMON - EASY RECIPES FOR CURIOUS COOKS
30 MINUTE COCONUT THAI SALMON CURRY - FIG AND OLIVE PLATTER
EASY COCONUT CURRY SALMON (WITH THAI RED CURRY AND COCONUT MILK)
THAI SALMON COCONUT CURRY - NATTEATS
THAI COCONUT RISOTTO WITH BLACKENED SALMON - RED BEANS AND ERIC
SALMON WITH COCONUT RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI COCONUT RICE WITH SALMON - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
THAI STYLE COCONUT FRIED BROWN RICE - HEALTHY THAI RECIPES
FAVORITE COCONUT RICE (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
SALMON COCONUT MILK CURRY (THAI SALMON CURRY) - THE DINNER BITE
10 BEST SALMON AND COCONUT RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love