FRESH TOMATO SOUP WITH CRISPY CHEESE TOAST
We're doing a very fresh twist on the classic cream of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. Since we're using fresh tomatoes at their peak of vine-ripened goodness, this simple soup is going to be not quite, but almost, 100% tomato.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove cores from tomatoes and cut in half crosswise. Reserve until needed.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and anchovy and cook until garlic is sizzling in the hot fat, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Carefully add the tomatoes with their juices, salt, and red pepper flakes. Toss with a spoon every few minutes until the tomatoes release their liquid and start to break down.
- Once the tomatoes have softened and start to collapse, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have fallen apart and the soup resembles a coarse tomato sauce, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone liner. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place the bread slices on the prepared baking sheet. Top each slice with sliced basil, and then Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is well browned and crispy around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove soup from heat and pass through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Use the back of a ladle to push all the tomato mixture through. Discard the skins and seeds, which should be the only things left in the strainer.
- Transfer the strained tomato soup back into the saucepan and place back over medium-low heat. Continue cooking to thicken slightly, if desired, or simply bring back to a simmer and serve immediately with the cheese toasts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.8 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Fat 41.5 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 1137.9 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TOAST
Pair up an epic combination of tomato soup and a cheese toastie to make this flavour-packed meal in just 25 minutes. It makes a comforting supper or starter
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Soup, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion with a big pinch of salt and cook until softened, around 5 mins. Add the oregano, garlic and basil and cook for 1 min longer, then tip in the plum tomatoes. Fill the can halfway up with water and add to the pan. Leave to simmer for 10 mins, then blitz with a hand blender. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Spread the toast with Marmite, then top with grated parmesan, put onto a baking sheet and grill for 3-5 mins until golden. Spoon the soup into two bowls and top with the slices of cheesy Marmite toast. Grind over some black pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
SUNNY'S SIMPLE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH BROILED CHEESE TOAST
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the soup: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a zig-zag motion on the foil. Add the thyme and garlic and season the baking sheet with salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes, bell peppers and jalapeno on the baking sheet sliced-side down, covering the garlic cloves and thyme as you go along. Pour over the onions, drizzle the top of everything with olive oil and season again with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Roast until the onions are golden and slightly charred, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer everything from the baking sheet to a blender in batches and pulse until smooth. Pour into a pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring the entire time. Add enough vegetable stock to achieve the desired consistency; you may not use it all. Keep warm on low.
- For the toast: Preheat the broiler on high.
- Put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and arrange the bread on the rack. Top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese and place under the broiler. WATCH while they cook: the cheese will melt and bubble, then the corners will begin to blacken--pull them out then! This takes less than a minute. Serve aside or atop a bowl of soup.
CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP WITH SOUFFLéED CHEESE TOASTS
- 1. Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, basil, and cloves; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, then add the tomatoes, baking soda, and stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Let cool briefly, then puree in a blender until smooth
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Return the soup to the pot, add the milk, and season with salt. If the soup is too thick, thin it with additional milk or stock. If the tomato flavor isn't as rich as you'd like (if the tomatoes were packed in water instead of puree), deepen it by stirring in a little tomato paste.
- 3. For the toasts, combine the yolk, if you're using it, with the mustard and cayenne, then stir in the cheese. Whisk the white until it holds soft peaks and fold it into the mixture along with the scallion. Spread the mixture on the toasted bread and bake until puffed and golden, about 5 minutes, while you reheat the soup. Serve the soup piping hot, with a piece of cheese toast, cut in half on the diagonal, and fresh pepper ground into each bowl.
CHEESIEST TOMATO SOUP
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes with liquid until smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in broth, cheese and tomato paste. Season with parsley, basil, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and smooth and flavors are well blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 44.5 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 711.8 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TWISTS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Finely grate the cheese. Unravel the pastry, spread evenly with the Marmite, then sprinkle the cheese on top. Now fold the pastry in half to make a sandwich and press down well.
- Cut the pastry into 12 equal strips. Carefully twist each strip and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 mins until golden. Leave for 5 mins to firm up a little, then lift onto a cooling rack with a fish slice.
- Halve the onion, then peel and chop it. Fry in the oil for about 5 mins, stirring with a wooden spoon until soft but not coloured, as this will spoil the colour of the soup later.
- Chop the tomatoes, then add to the pan with the stock, ketchup and oregano. Season. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat. Cover the pan, then simmer for 15 mins until the veg are soft.
- Tip the cream into the soup, then gently heat, stirring with the wooden spoon until it just starts to bubble. Don't boil vigorously as the cream could curdle. Ladle into bowls and serve with the Cheese & Marmite straws.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 912 calories, Fat 73 grams fat, SaturatedFat 35 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 2.06 milligram of sodium
GRILLED TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE TOASTS
This charred tomato soup is the perfect way to say farewell to summer's last tomatoes while welcoming fall and the new school year. We love Havarti cheese for the toasts, because it melts so nicely, but you can try pepper Jack, Muenster or even American.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill grates.
- Drizzle the cut-sides of the tomato halves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill cut-side down until they have very dark grill marks, about 8 minutes. Gently flip and grill on the skin-side to char, about 2 minutes. Lightly drizzle some olive oil on a sheet of aluminum foil. Arrange the onion rounds in one layer on the foil. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the foil sheet on the grill grates. Grill until the onions develop dark char on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Turn the grill down to medium for the grilled cheese toast.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the grilled onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme; stir for about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and all their juices and mash down the tomatoes with a wooden spoon to break them up a bit. Add 2 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt and some more black pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook, about 15 minutes. Take the soup off the heat, and stir in the basil leaves. Very carefully puree the soup in a blender or with a handheld stick blender. When ready to serve, bring the soup back to a simmer, and add the heavy cream. Taste for seasoning. Add more salt, if necessary. If the tomatoes are too acidic, add a little sugar to taste.
- Meanwhile, make the grilled cheese toast: brush the melted butter on both sides of each bread slice. Place the slices on the grill; cook until nicely toasted on the underside, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the bread and top each with 2 slices of cheese. Cover and cook to melt the cheese and toast the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Grind a little pepper on each cheese toast. Serve immediately with the soup.
TOMATO SOUP AND GRILLED CHEESE
Growing up in India, the Masala cheese toast was a regular staple breakfast dish. What set it apart was the only processed cheese available in India at that time (Amul cheese), which resembles a hard white Cheddar, paired with cilantro and roasted cumin for grilled cheese taken to the next level. The tomato soup is made with lentils, which adds to the creaminess of the soup; the curry leaves and Indian spices make it the perfect tomato soup to dunk the masala grilled cheese in.
Provided by Maneet Chauhan
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the tomato soup: Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chile and cook until it crackles, about 30 seconds. Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and cilantro and cook until the onions are slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, masoor dal, sambar powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Cover with water until all the fresh tomatoes are covered and let it cook on a low heat until the lentils are soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Carefully ladle the soup into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, taking care when blending hot liquids. Pour into a medium-large saucepan and add the coconut milk and butter. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until just bubbling.
- For the cheese filling: Combine the cheese, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garam masala and salt to taste in a medium bowl and reserve.
- For the sandwiches: Lay out the bread slices and top half of the slices with the cheese filling. Top with the other slices of bread and spread half the softened butter on the top piece of each sandwich.
- Preheat a double-burner cast-iron griddle pan over medium heat. Add the sandwiches, butter-side down. Carefully spread the remaining butter on the top sides of the sandwiches and cook, turning once, until the bread is golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the sandwiches to paper towels. Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Serve the tomato soup hot with the grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND BACON TOASTIES
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion softens, 4 to 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, until tomatoes begin to break down, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add broth and 1 cup water. Simmer until tomatoes are very soft, about 10 minutes. In batches, puree soup in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return soup to pot and simmer 1 minute; stir in cream and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium until lightly browned but not crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels; discard fat from skillet. Butter 8 slices bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, on a work surface. Top with bacon and cheese. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up. In batches, cook sandwiches in skillet over medium-low until cheese melts and bread is golden, about 5 minutes per side. Quarter sandwiches and serve with soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 g, Fat 31 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 19 g
TOMATO SOUP MAC AND CHEESE
This is the mac and cheese of my childhood with a few upgrades from how my mom made it. The tangy pop from the tomatoes lets the rich blend of cheeses really shine and the crunchy topping adds great texture. There's room in my world for a variety of mac and cheese styles and this one nears the top.
Provided by Dan Langan
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch square (or 2-quart) baking dish with butter.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the pasta until is al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package directions, and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Whisk in the flour, onion powder, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the condensed tomato soup and milk and bring to a simmer, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the Cheddar and American cheese with a wooden spoon. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish pan. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter with your hand, then sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake until the top is golden and the edges are bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
HOMEMADE TOMATO-BASIL SOUP WITH CHEESE TOASTS
I really love the Tomato Basil soup from La Madeleine but it has a lot of butter and cream in it and this sounded like a healthier alternative. I got the recipe from the grocery store where I shop.
Provided by Babs in Toyland
Yield 3-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the Soup: In medium pot over medium heat, stir oil, onions and garlic until soft- about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth and basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook gently for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese toasts (see below).
- For cheese toasts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread in a single layer on baking sheet, lightly brush top with oil, sprinkle each with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake ten minutes until golden.
- Serve 2 cheese toasts with each bowl of soup.
More about "tomato soup with cheese marmite toast recipes"
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESY TOAST | HOW TO SERVE …
TOMATO SOUP CHEESE MARMITE TOAST - WATCHLIVEACTION
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE WITH CHEESE DIPPERS - OLIVE
TOMATO CHEDDAR SOUP | CABOT CREAMERY
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE TOASTIES RECIPE
CHEESY TOMATO SOUP - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
EASY TOMATO SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE TOAST RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
TOMATO SOUP AND GRILLED CHEESE TOAST RECIPE — SALT & WIND TRAVEL
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP - A COUPLE COOKS
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH ROASTED GARLIC CHEESY TOAST
CREAMY TOMATO THYME SOUP & CHEDDAR CHEESE TOAST - SIMPLY SO …
MARMITE CHEESE TOAST - GAV'S KITCHEN – FREE EASY AND …
RECIPES: TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TWISTS
MARMITE AND CHEESE TOASTIE - TOASTIE RECIPES
HEARTY TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESY VEGEMITE TOASTS
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TOAST | TOAST RECIPES, …
RUSTIC TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESY TOASTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MARMITE SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TOASTED CHEESE AND MARMITE SANDWICH - SOMETHING ABOUT …
EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP (WITH CHEESE TOPPER) - A MIND …
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TWISTS RECIPES
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TWISTS RECIPES
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND MARMITE | SOUP RECIPES, SOUP, …
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND MARMITE TOAST RECIPE | COOKBOOK …
QUICK AND EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CLASSIC TOMATO SOUP WITH THREE CHEESE TOAST - FURLANI FOODS
AVOCADO, TOMATO AND MARMITE ON TOAST – VEGAN & VEGETARIAN …
TOMATO SOUP WITH CHEESE & MARMITE TOAST | RECIPE | BROCCOLI AND …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Marmite toast with Marmite?Spread the toast with Marmite, then top with grated parmesan, put onto a baking sheet and grill for 3-5 mins until golden. Spoon the soup into two bowls and top with the slices of cheesy Marmite toast. Grind over some black pepper to serve.
What is the best way to make cheese toast?A perfect soup pairing or an easy snack, this healthy cheese toast recipe features fresh tomatoes, salty Cheddar cheese and cracked pepper atop slices of crusty bread Read the full recipe after the video. Toast bread. Top with tomato, cheese and pepper. Heat in toaster oven (or broil) to melt the cheese, if desired.
How long do you cook tomato soup for?Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Tip in the tomatoes, ketchup, stock, a pinch of salt and plenty of white pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. While the soup cooks, make sandwiches with the cheddar and sourdough, spreading a thin layer of Marmite on one side.
Can I make cream of tomato soup with grilled cheese?We're doing a very fresh twist on the classic cream of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. Since we're using fresh tomatoes at their peak of vine-ripened goodness, this simple soup is going to be not quite, but almost, 100% tomato. Read the full recipe after the video. Remove cores from tomatoes and cut in half crosswise.