QUICK OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE
Tomatoes, tossed with garlic, fresh thyme, and spices, then roasted in a high-heated oven until super tender and bursting with intense, concentrated flavor. There are so many ways to use up roasted tomatoes--as a delicious side; tossed in pasta or soup; or served bruschetta-style on top of your favorite toasted bread. Heck, you can serve them with homemade pita chips.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the tomato halves in a large mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and spices. Drizzle a generous amount, about 1/4 cup or more, quality extra virgin olive. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a baking sheet with a rim. Spread the tomatoes in one single layer, flesh side up.
- Roast in your heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the tomatoes have collapsed to your desired doneness.
- Remove from heat. If you are planning to serve it soon, feel free to garnish with more fresh thyme and a few sprinkles of feta cheese. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.4 kcal, Sugar 4 g, Sodium 201.5 mg, Fat 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATOES
You can use as much garlic as you like. We like to roast the tomatoes a little longer for a darker, more rich and smoky flavor. You can also chop the tomatoes up and save it as a fantastic sauce! If you have a Roast function on your oven, go ahead and use that mode. The texture comes out a touch better using Roast. Roast the tomatoes to your preferred darkness.
Provided by Diane
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pre-heat oven to Roast or Bake at 425°F *see headnote.
- Lay aluminum foil on sheet pan and place all tomatoes cut side up. Add garlic. Drizzle olive oil on top of tomatoes and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper (and herbs if you want) on top of tomatoes and garlic.
- Roast tomatoes for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are roasted and slightly brown or charred on edges. Serve with breakfast eggs, steak, chicken seafood or anytime you want an awesome side dish, or blend up into a sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 4 g, Sodium 6 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil over a baking sheet.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the grape tomatoes in the preheated oven until the skins pop and start to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 9.4 mg
PENNE WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, GARLIC, AND WHITE BEANS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice each tomato into 8 wedges and discard the seeds. Put the tomato wedges and garlic into a 9 by 13-inch roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and a few turns of pepper. Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Drain the beans into a large colander in the sink. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta into the colander containing the beans, so the hot pasta water will warm the beans. Return drained pasta and beans to the pasta pot.
- When the tomatoes are done, pick out the garlic cloves, squeeze the garlic out of the skin into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Pour the roasted tomatoes into the pasta pot, add the garlic, the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the basil and additional salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to combine. Serve topped with the Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 calorie, Fat 9.4 grams, SaturatedFat 1.8 grams, Cholesterol 4 milligrams, Sodium 199 milligrams, Carbohydrate 77 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 19 grams
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC, GORGONZOLA AND HERBS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, remove the seeds from the tomatoes. Place the tomato halves, cut side down, on paper towels to drain, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using clean hands, gently toss the drained tomato halves in the oil mixture until coated. Marinate the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place the marinated tomato halves, cut side up, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Fill each tomato half with the bread crumb filling. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly softened and the underside of the tomatoes are brown.
- Arrange the cooked tomatoes on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH ANCHOVIES, GARLIC AND PARSLEY
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange tomatoes, rounded side down, in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with anchovies, parsley, garlic and dried red pepper, then salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Bake tomatoes uncovered until tender, wrinkled and starting to brown at edges, about 40 minutes.
PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC & TOMATOES
Here's a simple sauce with just four ingredients, and it's savory enough for a fancy party. I use bow tie pasta, but penne works, too. - Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions., Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl., Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 22g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 401mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
Tomatoes take on an intensely deep flavour after roasting and can be used in many different ways
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet with the garlic and thyme, drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, Add some seasoning and roast for 1 hr. Remove and set aside to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.07 milligram of sodium
SIMPLE ROASTED TOMATO AND GARLIC SAUCE
So simple and good for you! Perfect sauce for pizzas and pasta. Can be substituted for canned tomato sauce in any recipe. Doesn't require ripe tomatoes. Make lots when tomatoes are cheap, and freeze it in batches.
Provided by fishanyone
Yield 3 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Slice tomatoes in half. Slice top 1/2 inch off of garlic to expose cloves. Arrange garlic and tomatoes (cut side up) on foil-lined baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over garlic. (This will keep garlic from drying out and getting bitter.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for easier handling.
- Pour juice out of tomatoes. Discard juice. Squeeze tomato pulp and roasted garlic into blender or food processor. Dicard tomato skins and garlic paper. Blend or process for 5-10 seconds to obtain a smooth consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.4, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 7.8, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 3.3, Protein 1.7
ROASTED TOMATOES, RED ONION AND GARLIC
- First roast the garlic: Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil- bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until browned and softened, cool and pop out of peel.
- Set aside.
- cut 1/4 inch slices of tomatoes.
- cut thin- 1/8 inch slices of red onion.
- spray 9x 13 oven dish with veggie spray.
- Place alternate slices of tomatoes and red onion slightly overlapping, in rows.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle, evenly, jalapeno or chilli flakes.
- Sprinkle evenly, preroasted garlic cloves.
- Whisk together coriander and olive oil.
- Drizzle evenly over all.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes .
ROASTED POTATOES WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND GARLIC
Simple and light. The roasted tomato gives a light and tangy flavor which balances with the starchiness of the potatoes. Use a red or yellow potato for best flavor. Garlic, fresh basil, and a hint of rosemary add to the aroma. My girlfriend loves this as a side with chicken or pork.
Provided by MYAGIKUN
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In the prepared baking dish, toss the potatoes, tomatoes, basil, and garlic with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Fat 5.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 9.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE
This savory pie calls for roasting tomatoes to concentrate their flavor, then layering them with two kinds of cheese atop a garlic-butter crust for a result as dramatic as it is delicious.
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield Makes 1 (9"-diameter) pie
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 475°F. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, covering entire surface (it's okay if they overlap). Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes begin to look dry on top, 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling often, until butter foams and milk solids turn golden, 5-7 minutes. Strain garlic butter through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof measuring cup; transfer garlic and toasty bits to a cutting board. Finely chop and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Pulse crackers and ¼ tsp. salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form (you should have about 2 cups). Add eggs and 6 Tbsp. garlic butter and pulse until mixture is the consistency of wet sand; set remaining garlic butter aside. Transfer to springform pan. Using a flat-bottomed measuring cup, press crumbs firmly onto bottom and 1½" up sides of pan. Bake crust until edge is just starting to take on color, 8-10 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let crust cool.
- Mix Taleggio, Parmesan, mayonnaise, chopped thyme, remaining ½ tsp. salt, remaining ¼ tsp. pepper, and reserved chopped garlic in a medium bowl. Gently dollop half of cheese mixture over bottom of crust, then spread into an even layer with an offset spatula (don't press too hard or you will break the crust). Layer half of tomato slices over and press down to even out layers. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and tomatoes. Brush remaining garlic butter over tomatoes. Top with shallot and thyme leaves.
- Set pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake pie until filling is bubbling vigorously and crust is browned, 60-75 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool 1 hour before serving.
- Do Ahead: Pie can be made 1 day ahead. Cover loosely and chill.
More about "roasted tomatoes with garlic recipes"
GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory American RecipesCalories 68 per serving
- Arrange the tomatoes and whole garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil on the tomatoes, follow by the garlic, salt and ground black pepper. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the chopped parsley.
ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC RECIPE - TOM COLICCHIO
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the tomatoes, cut side down, on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and scatter the garlic and thyme on top.
- Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes, or until the skins begin to wrinkle. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully pull off the tomato skins. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast the tomatoes until leathery on the outside but still slightly wet on the underside, about 1 1/2 hours longer. Peel the garlic and discard the skins and the thyme.
EASY SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND BASIL
ROASTED TOMATO GARLIC PASTA - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
ROASTED GRAPE TOMATOES AND GARLIC IN OLIVE OIL RECIPE
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC | HOW TO OVEN ROAST …
PARMESAN GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES WITH THYME AND GARLIC | CHIC EATS
AMAZING OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES WITH BALSAMIC
ROASTED TOMATOES IN OIL, GARLIC, AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR, SERVED WITH ...
OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC - JESSICA LEVINSON, MS, RDN, …
GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES - DOMESTIC DREAMBOAT (GF, VEGAN)
FIRE ROASTED CRUSHED TOMATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC, THYME AND OLIVE OIL RECIPE BY …
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND HERBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - JERRY JAMES STONE
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC - VIDHYA’S VEGETARIAN KITCHEN
ROAST CHERRY TOMATOES IN THE OVEN - TAKEOUTFOOD.BEST
EASY GARLIC & HERB OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
GARLIC ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
JUICY ROASTED TOMATOES WITH OREGANO AND GARLIC
ROASTED TOMATOES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED TOMATOES (THE BEST RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - BLUE JEAN CHEF
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND BALSAMIC
ROASTED TOMATO AND GARLIC PASTA - JOY THE BAKER
SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES & GARLIC | SOMETHING NEW FOR DINNER
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC & LEMON THYME | FOOD & STYLE
ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH CHILLI AND GARLIC RECIPE
GARLIC ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
WHIPPED FETA DIP WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND ROASTED GARLIC …
SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - ORGANIC CENTER
RECIPE: FRIED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC FOR THE WINTER ON …
BEST ROASTED TOMATOES FOR SAUCE | EASY SAUCE RECIPES
You'll also love