DRIED PEAR AND FIG COMPOTE
- Put all ingredients in medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove cloves, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Serve warm or cool. Serve with pork or lamb dishes, or as topping for ice cream. Store in an airtight container with lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
DRIED FIG, APRICOT AND CHERRY COMPOTE
- Combine 2 1/2 cups water, sugar and cinnamon sticks in large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add figs and simmer uncovered 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in apricots, cherries and then brandy. Return to heat and simmer uncovered until all fruits are tender but still retain shape, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in crystallized ginger. Cool. (Compote can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve at room temperature or chilled.
GINGERBREAD WITH DRIED FIG, APRICOT AND CHERRY COMPOTE
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Generously butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sift flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt into medium bowl. Combine melted butter and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat until well blended. Gradually beat in molasses. Beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Gradually beat in hot water. Stir in chopped crystallized ginger.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in plastic; let stand at room temperature.)
- Cut cake into wedges. Place on plates. Spoon some compote alongside each wedge. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and serve.
APRICOT DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE
In rural homes in Eastern Europe summer fruits are often dried for compotes in the winter. This fruit compote is rich in apricot, prunes and raisins.
Provided by morgainegeiser
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients, except orange extract. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in orange extract.
- Serve hot or cold.
- In a medium pot, bring figs, sugar, orange zest and juice, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook, partially covered, until figs are tender and liquid is reduced, 20 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid is syrupy, 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 1 g
- Put apricots, sugar, 2 tablespoons water, the lemon juice, and salt into a medium saucepan. Cover; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until apricots have softened. Stir in cherries. Serve warm or at room temperature.
DRIED APRICOT-CHERRY COMPOTE
- Mix all ingredients in 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled. To chill, cool about 2 hours, then spoon compote into container; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235, Carbohydrate 65 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 10 mg
APRICOT APPLE COMPOTE
You won't have to skip dessert when this comforting compote is on the menu. "I asked a friend of mine how she could eat dessert and still stay thin, and she handed me this recipe," shares Suzan Wiener of Spring Hill, Florida. A touch of cinnamon and lemon accents the fruit flavor...and the dish is a snap to make.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, soak apricots in water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons water. In a saucepan, combine the apricots, apples, sugar and reserved water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice, zest and cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "dried fig apricot and cherry compote recipes"
DRIED FIG, APRICOT, AND CHERRY SLUMP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Combine first 9 ingredients in 12-inch broilerproof skillet with 3-inch-high sides or wide 3-quart stovetop casserole dish. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Whisk flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking soda, and sea salt in medium bowl to blend. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until very coarse meal forms (butter pieces will be reduced to size of small peas). Add buttermilk and stir just until dough comes together (dough will be slightly wet). Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl to blend.
- Return dried fruit mixture to simmer. Using generous 1/4 cup biscuit dough for each, scoop 8 mounds of dough atop simmering fruit mixture, spacing apart. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over each biscuit. Cover skillet tightly and simmer over medium-low heat until biscuits are puffy and cooked through (tester inserted into center of biscuits comes out clean), about 12 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Let slump stand uncovered 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile position rack in upper third of oven at least 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Broil slump just until biscuit tops are light golden, watching closely to prevent burning, 1 to 2 minutes.
APRICOT-CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
DRIED CHERRY RECIPES & MENU IDEAS – PAGE 2 | BON APPETIT
10 BEST DRIED FIGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
DRIED APRICOT COMPOTE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
APRICOT-CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COMPOTE DRIED RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
APRICOT RECIPE - SIDE - BRANDIED FIG, APRICOT AND CHERRY COMPOTE
GRANDMA'S GORGEOUS DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
DRIED FIG, APRICOT, AND CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE | CANADIAN LIVING
10 BEST DRIED FIGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
DRIED APRICOT COMPOTE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
APRICOT FIG COMPOTE RECIPE - LEVANA NOURISHMENTS
BRANDIED FIG, APRICOT AND CHERRY COMPOTE
FIGGY CHERRY COMPOTE - DIG IN WITH DANA
DRIED APRICOT, PRUNE AND CHERRY COMPOTE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
APRICOT DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DRIED FIG MUFFINS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DRIED STRAWBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE WITH FIGS - VALLEY FIG GROWERS
APRICOT AND SWEET CHERRY COMPOTE - FOOD IN JARS
DRIED CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APRICOT CHERRY COMPOTE - THE VEGGIE TABLE
GINGERBREAD WITH DRIED FIG, APRICOT AND CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE
APRICOT PRUNE COMPOTE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
DRIED FIG, HONEY AND SPICE COMPOTE | MCCORMICK GOURMET
You'll also love