EGGPLANT, POTATO AND PEPPER CASSEROLE
- Place eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Lightly salt eggplant on both sides. Let stand 1 hour. Using paper towels, pat eggplant dry, wiping off salt.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juices and thyme sprigs; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 20 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add oil to 2 large skillets to depth of 1/4 inch. Heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add eggplant to skillets and cook until golden, adding more oil to skillets as necessary, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Working in batches, add potatoes to skillets, cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer potatoes to paper towels. Add green peppers to same skillet; sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels.
- Layer half of eggplant in 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon thyme. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over. Top with half of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with 1 tablespoon thyme. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over. Place all pepper slices over. Season with salt and pepper. Top with 1 tablespoon thyme. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over. Top with remaining eggplant. Top with 1 tablespoon thyme. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over. Top with remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/2 cup sauce.
- Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
EGGPLANT AND RED PEPPER BAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix red bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a large mixing bowl; season with basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the pepper mixture; toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil to coat thinly.
- Spread about 1/3 of the pepper mixture into the bottom of a square glass baking dish; top with a layer of about 1/3 of the eggplant. Repeat layering twice more. Top final layer with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is browned and the vegetables are bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 4.5 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 51.5 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
POTATO EGGPLANT CASSEROLE
The combination of Potato, Egglplant and Tomatoes is perfect. This was one of the first recipes I made when my husband and I were transitioning to a more meatless menu, and found it to be delicious. I'm sure it would be great as a meat dish if you substituted the soy crumbles for ground beef or turkey. I found it orginally on vegweb.com
Provided by EMcooks
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Peel potatoes and eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on parchment paper and cook in the oven on 400 degrees or until soft. (approx. 15 minutes).
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add oregano, parsley, basil, cilantro, garlic, fennel, diced tomatoes, and veggie crumbles.
- In 9x13 glass dish, lightly coat the bottom with crushed tomatoes. Layer the bottom of the dish with potatoes. Spread on a layer of "veggie meat" sauce. Then add the layer of spinach. Layer the eggplant and top with remaining veggie sauce. Top the casserole with the soy mozzarella cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.8, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 2.4, Sodium 711.1, Carbohydrate 36.5, Fiber 11.2, Sugar 11.9, Protein 16.5
SWEET POTATO, PEPPER AND EGGPLANT BAKE
This was described in The Guardian newspaper as being like a roast vegetable curry. Good winter comfort food.
Provided by Sackville
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 degrees F.
- Cut one of the onions into large chunks.
- Put four tablespoons of the oil into a large roasting dish and add in the onion, sweeet potatoes, eggplant and pepper.
- Mix to coat in the oil and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through the baking.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the other onion and heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes, until soft, then add the garlic, spices and tomatoes.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the stock and chickpeas, as well as any sugar, salt and tabasco sauce, to taste.
- Take the veggies out of the oven, pour the spiced tomato mixture over top and mix well.
- Lower the oven temperature to 190 C or 375 F and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until the veggies are cooked.
- Stir halfway through baking.
- Just before serving, stir in the fresh cilanto and top each plate with a spoonful of sour cream.
- Serve with rice or bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.1, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 20.7, Sodium 264.5, Carbohydrate 38.9, Fiber 9.7, Sugar 9.9, Protein 7.2
EGGPLANT AND TOMATO CASSEROLE
This is a delicious, easy-to-make, vegetarian casserole! Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. There are a million variations and additions that you can make to this recipe! Be creative!
Provided by LPATTERSON1978
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Season the eggplant slices with salt, and let stand for about 10 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the eggplant slices on each side.
- Place a layer of the eggplant slices in an 8 inch square baking dish or casserole dish. Place some tomato slices over the eggplant, and then a few slices of onion. Repeat layers until you run out of eggplant. Pour balsamic vinegar over everything. In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread in a layer over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown and the eggplant is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.6 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 212.6 mg, Sugar 12.3 g
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut 5 crosswise slices from center area of each eggplant, about 1/2-inch thick, to total 10 slices. Peel and dice remaining pieces of eggplant.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is very hot. Sprinkle eggplant slices lightly with a pinch of salt and cook in hot skillet in batches until slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side. Set eggplant slices aside on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet and cook garlic for about 10 seconds; add diced eggplant and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Saute until eggplant is softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in marinara sauce and water. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes; stir occasionally. If sauce gets too thick, add a little more water.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pepperjack cheese, a pinch of salt, and a pinch black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each eggplant slice. Fold eggplant slices in half to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Spread about half the sauce into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Lay folded eggplant slices in a single layer into the dish. Spread remaining sauce over eggplant slices.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Spread crumb mixture over eggplant casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and crumbs are browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.4 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 20.1 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 11.6 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 905.9 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
EGGPLANT AND POTATO GRATIN
In this side dish inspired by Indian flavors, slices of eggplant and potato sit over a bed of crushed tomatoes seasoned with garlic, cumin and nigella seeds. It's a wonderful accompaniment to seafood, particularly roasted fish. To cut the cooking time, slice the vegetables even thinner, using a mandolin or food processor. Nigella seeds are sometimes erroneously labeled as black cumin, but they look and taste quite different. They have a triangular shape and a distinct black coat, and the flavor will remind some of alliums. There is no direct substitute, but, for the same texture - if not the same taste - you could use sesame seeds.
Provided by Nik Sharma
Categories casseroles, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice the eggplants 1/4-inch thick, discarding the tops. Peel the potatoes or leave the skins on, and slice the potatoes 1/4-inch thick. Place the eggplant and potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the ghee. Toss with cumin, nigella, red-pepper flakes, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish or similarly sized gratin dish with ghee, and place the gratin dish on a baking sheet.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the baking dish, season with salt and toss to combine. Arrange the eggplant and potato slices on top, alternating between the two vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle the mixture over the sliced vegetables.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the top turns golden brown. Let the dish cool for 5 minutes before serving.
EGGPLANT POTATO TOMATO STEW RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: medium yukon potatoes, medium eggplants, red bell peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, medium yellow onion, tomato paste, garlic, smoked paprika, chickpeas, medium beefsteak tomatoes, low sodium vegetable broth, fresh parsley
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- With a sharp knife, score a ring around each potato, just deep enough to break the skin. Place the potatoes in a medium pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 8 minutes, until about halfway cooked.
- Drain the potatoes, and rinse with cold water. Peel off the skin.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces and set aside.
- Divide the eggplant and bell peppers between 2 baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until well distributed, then add the garlic, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, and tomatoes, and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the roasted eggplant and bell pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the tomatoes have mostly broken down.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve. Or, transfer the stew to resealable containers and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 644 calories, Carbohydrate 86 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 16 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 22 grams
More about "eggplant potato and pepper casserole recipes"
EGGPLANT POTATO AND PEPPER CASSEROLE RECIPE
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Main Dish
10 BEST EGGPLANT CASSEROLE VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST EGGPLANT PEPPERS CARROTS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
EGGPLANT, POTATO, TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EGGPLANT CASSEROLE WITH POTATOES - 4 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
EGGPLANT, POTATO AND PEPPER CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN
EGGPLANT CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
EGGPLANT AND PEPPER CASSEROLE WITH RICE RECIPE
STIR-FRIED EGGPLANT, POTATOES & PEPPERS (DI SAN XIAN ...
EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
EGGPLANT, POTATO, AND CHICKPEA CASSEROLE RECIPE
EGGPLANT PEPPERS CASSEROLE - RECIPES - PAGE 7 | COOKS.COM
GREEK EGGPLANT AND POTATOES - HEATHER CHRISTO
EGGPLANT POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
BAKED POTATO AND EGGPLANT CASSEROLE ... - ONE GREEN PLANET
EGGPLANT PARMESAN POTATO CASSEROLE - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
RECIPES/EGGPLANT-POTATO-AND-PEPPER-CASSEROLE-347.JSON AT ...
POTATOES, EGGPLANTS, AND PEPPERS | THE SPLENDID TABLE
LEEK, EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE
EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
EGGPLANT POTATO CASSEROLE 5 RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
GREEK CHEESY EGGPLANT AND RED PEPPER CASSEROLE - OLIVE TOMATO
EGGPLANT CASSEROLE (IKARIAN SOUFICO) - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
EGGPLANT, POTATO, AND CHICKPEA CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST EGGPLANT CASSEROLE VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
EGGPLANT CASSEROLE WITH PEPPERS - 14 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
POTATO EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
OLD FASHIONED EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE - KOSHEREYE
EGGPLANT POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
EGGPLANT AND POTATOES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EGGPLANT AND POTATO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MEAT LITE: EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND PEPPER CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE - KOSHER FOOD RECIPES ...
LEEK, EGGPLANT AND POTATO CASSEROLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook eggplant and potatoes?I put the eggplant and potatoes on them, brushed them lightly with olive oil on both sides, sprinkled them with salt and pepper, and cooked them at 400 for 20 minutes. In the meantime I chopped and sauteed the peppers.
How long to bake eggplant parmesan potato casserole (and why)?Sprinkle with a generous amount of prepared vegan Parmesan and bake for around 25 minutes at 425 ° F. This Eggplant Parmesan Potato Casserole makes a rich and indulgent dinner, lunch, family meal, and meal prep to eat through the week. Also it’s great for work lunch and of course date night.
How to cook eggplant parmesan with tomatoes?Place eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Lightly salt eggplant on both sides. Let stand 1 hour. Using paper towels, pat eggplant dry, wiping off salt. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juices and thyme sprigs; bring to boil.
How to cook eggplant on the stove top?Place eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Lightly salt eggplant on both sides. Let stand 1 hour. Using paper towels, pat eggplant dry, wiping off salt. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until golden, about 10 minutes.